• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

Simba

Staff Member
i mean bredeson is only just learning to play C whereas Colon-Castillo has played there in college and all training camp - and the only reason the call-up is a problem is if these injuries linger

i honestly find the gilchrist elevation weirder but i guess he's played a lot of special teams in his career and has some backend versatility - we've gone from only 9 DBs to 10 + an elevation every week despite the loss of tavon young

this is what zrebiec said about colon-castillo:

I wonder if Chris Moore should be worried at this point. Quality STer but our gunner play has been really good and those are guys that probably offer more positionally than he does. If you wanted to get one of these guys on the 53 at a point.

But yeah I'm not hurt either way. Gilchrist is ST and S depth. Colon-Castillo is C depth but still curious that they'd use a callup for him right now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wonder if Chris Moore should be worried at this point. Quality STer but our gunner play has been really good and those are guys that probably offer more positionally than he does. If you wanted to get one of these guys on the 53 at a point.

But yeah I'm not hurt either way. Gilchrist is ST and S depth. Colon-Castillo is C depth but still curious that they'd use a callup for him right now.

duvernay, hill, averett, boykin have all played gunner so far this year and all of them have done well and duvernay is clearly the number 1 kick returner which is the job that moore sort of had by default at various points in the past

then again he's still probably the best gunner on the team no matter how well the others have done