• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 5 Discussion (Time to Worry?)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Saints trying to be us stealing a play out of our playbook with that Taysom run to tie it up. I like how the announcers keep saying Herbert's a rookie QB but yet we have seen the Saints defense choke with less than 10 seconds to go, AKA the Minnesota Miracle.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That is some terrible play calling by the Chargers. Run it a few times, then pass. Just kneel it as it seems they are content going to OT.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Humphrey > Lattimore.

Michael Badger misses the game winning FG and we are heading to OT!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lattimore makes a game saving tackle and the Saints move to 3-2 and a tie with the Bucs for first.

See you guys tomorrow in this thread for some Tuesday Night Football.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Speaking of close losses, the 2015 season for us was a dreadful one in that regard. Of the 11 losses, NINE of them were decided by 8 points or less.

during those years we kept telling ourselves we were in contention because we were playing only in close games (even when we were winning it was often close)

what we now know statistically is that good teams that win/compete in superbowls statistically blow out teams more often than they play in close games

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bills to be without CB Tre'Davious White and WR John Brown, should be interesting to see if Tennessee takes advantage of that in the passing game.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve seen enough of the Bills and Titans in the 1st quarter to realize we are not at the level of either of these teams so far this year . I think we can get there but we are not there yet .

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’ve seen enough of the Bills and Titans in the 1st quarter to realize we are not at the level of either of these teams so far this year . I think we can get there but we are not there yet .
Bills defense looking a bit mid w/o Tre though.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bills defense looking a bit mid w/o Tre though.
With our offense at the moment , I could not see beating either team . I would be surprised . The Titans are coming soon so hopefully some of our offensive issues are resolved by then because if they aren’t , we will not beat them .

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jets have officially released LeVeon Bell.

I'm going to take a trip down the "I told you so" lane here. It was probably on the BR.com boards when I said this, but I saw this coming all the way back to the Pittsburgh days. Volume-dependent back who has seen production steadily decline for years. I said he'd never make it through year 3 in New York. Apparently I was lowballing.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bills trying to battle back late, fail the 2 point conversion. Man, Tennessee looks good. It's crazy that the winner of this game tonight is going to be the one seed for at least one week. Perhaps our game against the Chiefs wasn't going to determine the number one seed after all.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sam Darnold marching into the Jets front office to demand a trade so he can get away from Adam Gase:

tenor.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Titans move to 4-0 for the first time since 2008. I got to say, I would give up Thursday Night Football for 2 Monday Night Games a week or even Tuesday Night Football.