• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Eagles

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The Steelers have a great defense, but I would say that the Browns have more talent overall on their roster and are finally starting to show it in games. Also, I don't think any one of us knows how good the Steelers really are this year because they've had a cakewalk schedule so far. The Steelers offense doesn't really impress me much even with Big Ben back. Claypool could be good, but he's still a rookie and Juju hasn't done a whole lot which just continues to prove that he's not a true number one.

Sorry accidentally put this in the wrong thread. But yeah I think their D is probably top 10 and their offense is probably mid tier. I think their record will be good. Probably like 12 and 4 honestly. But I don't think they're actually a threat. I think clash number 2 with clevland is gonna be intense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Anyone agree with me that the browns might be better than the steelers? For some reason I just have a feeling the steelers are big time pretenders. I'm not sure why, but just what I'm feeling at this point in the season.

they've played no one really of note this year at all yet and the vaunted strength of their team just got taken advantage of by a hapless eagles offence - id say that's probably why

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Theoretically, our defense should smack the shit out of their offense. That being said, this would be one of those games where one of their WRs will have us "how the fuck is he making all of these catches?" It also seemed to be the type of game where we'd probably say "Oh so NOW Wentz decides to play well?!?"

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Theoretically, our defense should smack the shit out of their offense. That being said, this would be one of those games where one of their WRs will have us "how the fuck is he making all of these catches?" It also seemed to be the type of game where we'd probably say "Oh so NOW Wentz decides to play well?!?"
I feel this way too hard

A PFT article states that the Ravens O is
"25th in net yards per attempt and 31st in yards per game"

Not what I was expecting from them.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The Steelers have a great defense, but I would say that the Browns have more talent overall on their roster and are finally starting to show it in games. Also, I don't think any one of us knows how good the Steelers really are this year because they've had a cakewalk schedule so far. The Steelers offense doesn't really impress me much even with Big Ben back. Claypool could be good, but he's still a rookie and Juju hasn't done a whole lot which just continues to prove that he's not a true number one.
Some here really though juju was better than AB. blew my mind

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Those people should announce themselves so they can be shamed

I vote for looking back and finding these Clowns and start a new thread called "Lets Point and Laugh"

Or is that too much?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone agree with me that the browns might be better than the steelers? For some reason I just have a feeling the steelers are big time pretenders. I'm not sure why, but just what I'm feeling at this point in the season.
We'll get a good idea on Sunday.

Steelers have arguably the most favorable schedule in the league this year, and they've really been playing down to competition all year. Average margin of victory is only about a TD, against four teams who have a combined 3 wins all year.

Their defense is good, though they have surrendered 20+ points in three straight games, and two of those games include some of the worst offensive teams in the league in Denver and Philadelphia.

They've got their hardest stretch of the year the next three weeks. Browns, Titans, Ravens, last two on the road. We'll see how they stack up after those games.

But realistically, like I've been telling people all year long, Steelers are a double-digit win team in their sleep based on schedule alone. Already with 4 wins, they still get Cincinnati twice, Jacksonville, Washington, and Dallas (without Dak). They can easily win every single one of those games.

That just leaves Cleveland and Baltimore twice, Tennessee, Buffalo and Indianapolis. I don't think they'd have a problem beating the Colts at home, and they should at least split with the Browns. That's 11 wins right there, just by beating teams that aren't as good as them.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
We'll get a good idea on Sunday.

Steelers have arguably the most favorable schedule in the league this year, and they've really been playing down to competition all year. Average margin of victory is only about a TD, against four teams who have a combined 3 wins all year.

Their defense is good, though they have surrendered 20+ points in three straight games, and two of those games include some of the worst offensive teams in the league in Denver and Philadelphia.

They've got their hardest stretch of the year the next three weeks. Browns, Titans, Ravens, last two on the road. We'll see how they stack up after those games.

But realistically, like I've been telling people all year long, Steelers are a double-digit win team in their sleep based on schedule alone. Already with 4 wins, they still get Cincinnati twice, Jacksonville, Washington, and Dallas (without Dak). They can easily win every single one of those games.

That just leaves Cleveland and Baltimore twice, Tennessee, Buffalo and Indianapolis. I don't think they'd have a problem beating the Colts at home, and they should at least split with the Browns. That's 11 wins right there, just by beating teams that aren't as good as them.

I agree. It's kinda scary potentially having 3 AFC North teams that might be closing in on double digit wins.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree. It's kinda scary potentially having 3 AFC North teams that might be closing in on double digit wins.
Yeah for me, I think the 7 AFC teams are kind of spoken for. I could be wrong, but the AFC North schedules are just so favorable that it seems very likely they get 3 teams. That only leaves one wildcard spot for the rest of the conference, and you'd expect Buffalo and NE to both likely be there.

I think its pretty much Vegas and Indy fighting for a spot at this point.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yeah for me, I think the 7 AFC teams are kind of spoken for. I could be wrong, but the AFC North schedules are just so favorable that it seems very likely they get 3 teams. That only leaves one wildcard spot for the rest of the conference, and you'd expect Buffalo and NE to both likely be there.

I think its pretty much Vegas and Indy fighting for a spot at this point.

My current money would be on vegas

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My current money would be on vegas
Right, and I'm saying they're on the outside looking in.

I know a lot of people like them, especially with the two wins they have (Saints and Chiefs). Got 2-3 more tough games coming up, but their schedule gets considerably lighter in the back end of the year.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I expected nothing less than Wolfe frequently being oft-injured here and missing games

Meanwhile, Brockers has two sacks

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I expected nothing less than Wolfe frequently being oft-injured here and missing games

Meanwhile, Brockers has two sacks

we got derek wolfe for 4m less than the avg/yr of brockers's deal... and he's missed 1 game with covid symptoms (we held him out of the game as a precaution) and if he misses this one it will be due to concussion - i wouldn't really call that indicative of being oft-injured...