• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Is this the End of an Era in Baltimore?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I believe it is. I love this quote from Tomlin about the Steelers mindset.....

“If we’re good, some of those variables are less important. Opponent, game location, and really that’s what we’re striving for. We want to be the type of team that can win regardless of circumstance, location, opponent and so forth."

I love the part where he said; "IF WE'RE GOOD..." and then he enumerated what constituted being a "good" team; those less important variables (things you don't focus on):

1. Opponent
2. Game Location
3. BEING A TEAM THAT CAN WIN REGARDLESS OF 1&2

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh started his presser with his entire guard up anticipating a flurry of Flacco questions and perhaps Mohrinweg questions. But, instead he started relaxing as he started fielding soft ball questions from the assembled press. He never once called Flacco out and all but blamed Flacco's woes on everybody else. This act of lack of courage on Harbaugh's part regarding Flacco is surely going to doom him and the Ravens. He needs to start putting pressure on that fool we have at QB and sit his ass down if he underperforms again.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Harbaugh started his presser with his entire guard up anticipating a flurry of Flacco questions and perhaps Mohrinweg questions. But, instead he started relaxing as he started fielding soft ball questions from the assembled press. He never once called Flacco out and all but blamed Flacco's woes on everybody else. This act of lack of courage on Harbaugh's part regarding Flacco is surely going to doom him and the Ravens. He needs to start putting pressure on that fool we have at QB and sit his ass down if he underperforms again.

wanted to start Mallet this week, but with Carr out I think we have a chance and now believe flacco should be given a final chance to put the team on his shoulders. if joejoe looks bad again, mallet has to start the next game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
wanted to start Mallet this week, but with Carr out I think we have a chance and now believe flacco should be given a final chance to put the team on his shoulders. if joejoe looks bad again, mallet has to start the next game.
Something to put a fire under him. I doubt this happens though

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Something to put a fire under him. I doubt this happens though

So, you guys expect one trashy player to light a fire under another trashy player? :huh:

One thing the FO absolutely takes blame for is not replacing our FAs adequately. I think we terribly underrated the guys we lost. Looking at the losses that have hurt us the most, three guys immediately come into mind, Pernell McPhee, Kelechi Osemele, and Corey Graham.

We replaced Pernell McPhee essentially with Za'Darius Smith. This one really boggles my mind in all honesty. How are you going to try to replace one of the top LBs in the league with a 4th round pick? McPhee was a key-piece in the Ravens defense. Doom wasn't really a good run defender and was mostly utilized for 3rd down and obvious passing downs. When Doom wasn't on the field, who was holding down the other side of the edge opposite of Suggs? McPhee was not only a stout run defender, he was a magnificent pass rusher and one of his great attributes was his ability to rush from anywhere on the line. McPhee is a guy we miss badly.

Kelechi Osemele was replaced by another 4th round pick Alex Lewis who to his credit beat out Urschel and Jensen for the job. But replacing KO must not have been a high priority if the guy who ends up replacing him is a rookie 4th round pick.

Corey Graham, this loss hurt me personally because I wanted us to keep him so badly and Buffalo got him for a really cheap price, now he's fallen off since leaving but his replacement ended up being Asa Jackson...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
One thing the FO absolutely takes blame for is not replacing our FAs adequately. I think we terribly underrated the guys we lost. Looking at the losses that have hurt us the most, three guys immediately come into mind, Pernell McPhee, Kelechi Osemele, and Corey Graham.

Corey Graham, this loss hurt me personally because I wanted us to keep him so badly and Buffalo got him for a really cheap price, now he's fallen off since leaving but his replacement ended up being Asa Jackson...
Corey Graham had 3 more very productive seasons in Buffalo.

Corey Graham had 3 more very productive seasons in Buffalo.
He did, I would take those 3 productive seasons even though he ended up getting cut. He signed for a 4YR/16M dollar, he could've been a huge help for us in 2014 when he was the 8th ranked CB in the league. Imagine him and Jimmy on the opposite side. What if him and Jimmy never get injured and we go into New England with both of them there, do we lose? Surely we beat Indianapolis after that, a shot at the SB title is totally worth it. I might be thinking too much into it but Graham could've been a huge piece for us that very year.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be fair Tyreek Hill would have likely been a 2nd round pick if it werent for the off the feild issues. Diggs went way to far considering how he looked in college and Mitchell was vastly underrated at Goergia (was a 5 star recruit). They all had emense talent you could see on the feild. Moore on the other hand? Was a big play threat for cincinnati lol. He had drops issues and the only guy he chewed up was eli apple (who sucks, his names apple and he cant even cook)

A lot of those guys also won those reps in practice and won their playing time on the feild. We just havent been able to see talent at offensive skill position players.

Since 2010 the RBs, WRs, and TEs weve drafted are as follows

Ed Dickson, Dennis Pitta, David Reed, Torrey Smith, Tandon Doss, Anthony Allen, Tommy Streeter, Aaron Mallet, Crocket Gilmore, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Michael Campanaro, Breshad Perriman, Maxx Williams, Buck Allen, Nick Boyle, Darren Waller, Chris Moore, Kenneth Dixon, and keenan Reynolds

Thats a pretty depressing list of offensive playmakers if you ask me. Now i know offense doeant win superbowls but you need some kind of threat. Pitta and Torrey were the only 2 guys who were good out of the bunch....and they still had issues. So yes some of it could be coaching. Either way...we havent had an elite offensive weapon since Ray Rice. And we are struggling to find one

Some of it is unexplainable I mean look at how good Bernard Pierce looked his rookie year. He ran physical broke tackles, showed burst too, then guy just went downhill.

M.Williams was strictly a pass receiving TE coming out, injuries have hindered him but I've seen him do more in-line blocking when healthy than going down field making catches.

Darren Waller was a guy when he came off suspension last year and he was converted to a TE, I hoped to see them utilize him the way Denver did with Julius Thomas ( an athletic guy that couldn't block and shied away from contact ). I mean Waller may have had size but he was WR that lacked that true physical nature so I thought hey maybe they'll split him out wide, put him in motion get him downfield. Nope most of the time that had him in on running plays knowing the kid barely can block a LB lol.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Some of it is unexplainable I mean look at how good Bernard Pierce looked his rookie year. He ran physical broke tackles, showed burst too, then guy just went downhill.

M.Williams was strictly a pass receiving TE coming out, injuries have hindered him but I've seen him do more in-line blocking when healthy than going down field making catches.

Darren Waller was a guy when he came off suspension last year and he was converted to a TE, I hoped to see them utilize him the way Denver did with Julius Thomas ( an athletic guy that couldn't block and shied away from contact ). I mean Waller may have had size but he was WR that lacked that true physical nature so I thought hey maybe they'll split him out wide, put him in motion get him downfield. Nope most of the time that had him in on running plays knowing the kid barely can block a LB lol.

Bernard pierce was getting knocked woosey before he went sour. he got a DUI right?
Max Williams hasn't come around and neither has pot head waller.
we just don't draft well on offense lately. not close

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bernard pierce was getting knocked woosey before he went sour. he got a DUI right?
Max Williams hasn't come around and neither has pot head waller.
we just don't draft well on offense lately. not close
Are you talking skill position players or any offensive player. Waller was a very late pick. If they work out that’s terrific, but I don’t consider it a bust if they don’t. Maxx has had his injury issues, but still feel he could be a player for us and Stanley is a baller. Perriman has had his injury issues also and because of these injuries he’s missed three training camps. I also believe our OC is hindering his growth.

We haven’t had nearly as many offensive players drafted as defensive in the early rounds. If anything, I’d like to see Ozzie pick more offensive players in early rounds if he has the opportunity, but I don’t want him to pass up a much better defensive player to do so.