• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Is this the End of an Era in Baltimore?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The problem isn't Marty. Avoid all names, what if I told you there's an NFL qb who is averaging an interception 5.1% of passes, 150 yards a game, and 1 td a game? Oh and a season qbr of 65. Try being an O coordinator when your qb can't throw a 5 yard slant. Flacco pisses me the hell off. He use to be up and down and now he is only down. It's gross to watch Flacco. I saw him live today and all thought both should have been caught, we win if he doesn't far overthrow Wallace and perriman. I have hopped 100% of the Flacco train
Actually Wallace dropped that pass to Wallace very well could have been a touchdown in the first qtr. Perriman pass was well overthrown.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
ozze gets the talent here? Since about 2010? You really think so? because the talent is our problem. we lack top flight talent, though we pay for it, and we have about no depth. we are one of the thinnest teams in the nfl due to draftin errors and that is why injuries take a toll on us. other teams overcome injuries. in Baltimore though its an excuse.

flacco needed to go two yrs ago. sunday we need to start mallet. if we play well we may finish 8-8 and maybe be in the playoff hunt til week 16, but ozze will take our pick and miss select again. its getting to be depressin

harball was pitiful in the presser. we need a comprehensuv rebuild plan...you know that sales sign, "everything must go"

You know, I never been one to mention the "rebuild" word or the "blow this whole team up" phrase....UNTIL TODAY!

We have NO DOGS on the offensive side of the ball from the QB, the WR's, RB's (although Collins is barking a little bit) the TE's or the O-line....NO DOGS whatsoever! Maybe Maclin. I saw a little dog in him trying to get out today but they have him chained up and fenced in.

Only those who are content with the sub-mediocrity of the offensive and defensive (at times) game play will want to keep things the same. Not me! I'm sick of this b.s. It's been like this for a few seasons now. And I thought, the definition of insanity was;

"Doing the same things the same way and expecting different results!"

It's been time for the Ravens to do something different with this team from top to bottom!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can't really compare a running back to a qb. That's really not an apples to oranges comparison.

Not many qbs would be very good without a decent offensive line. If we could get average offensive line play I have no doubt Flacco would be better. That doesn't mean I don't want him replaced or to look for his replacement in this years draft, because I definitely believe it's time.

It's not really about the comparison between a QB and RB per se more than it is about their productivity for their team since their return.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's not really about the comparison between a QB and RB per se more than it is about their productivity for their team since their return.
Well it's easier for a running back to get up to speed. That's the point I'm trying to make. It's no question that his productivity is better than Flacco. Anyone can see that much.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well it's easier for a running back to get up to speed. That's the point I'm trying to make. It's no question that his productivity is better than Flacco. Anyone can see that much.

And anyone can see that Flacco is horrendous and has been on a downward spiral in his game play since the SB. To be honest, I'm amazed by all of the excuses that some Ravens fans feel that have to make for him in order to justify his playing like a bum! When the man himself says; "I SUCKED TODAY!"....BELIEVE HIM! :D

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And anyone can see that Flacco is horrendous and has been on a downward spiral in his game play since the SB. To be honest, I'm amazed by all of the excuses that some Ravens fans feel that have to make for him in order to justify his playing like a bum! When the man himself says; "I SUCKED TODAY!"....BELIEVE HIM! :D
Of course he sucked today and it's true, but so did the rest of the team around him, including the OL. He will continue to suck until this has been improved. He can absolutely get better even without improved OL play, but he will be "Far Below Average Joe" until the oline is fixed.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw, the next time I hear from players that ''the season is a marathon not a sprint'' I'll lose it

no, the NFL is a sprint and if you make it to the playoffs it's a burst of adrenalin that is needed. It's 16 weeks and if compared to every team sport, that is a joke.

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of course he sucked today and it's true, but so did the rest of the team around him, including the OL. He will continue to suck until this has been improved. He can absolutely get better even without improved OL play, but he will be "Far Below Average Joe" until the oline is fixed.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...Steelers/1127ee42-7fff-4124-ab64-74f8ce88bf55

Hard to Win If Flacco’s Interceptions Continue
A day before the game, I predicted in print that the Ravens would win if Flacco snapped his streak of consecutive games with an interception, which stood at nine. He didn’t have a pick in the first three quarters as the Ravens fell 19 points behind and then started to rally. Just when the rally was picking up steam, though, with the Ravens down by 10 points and driving near midfield, Flacco rolled wide and underthrew a pass intended for tight end Benjamin Watson . Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier picked it off. A few minutes later, Flacco threw another pick when the Ravens went for it on fourth down in Pittsburgh territory. But the throw he most regretted wasn’t a pick. After the Ravens intercepted Roethlisberger to give them possession in the red zone early in the third quarter, Breshad Perriman was open for a touchdown and Flacco overthrew him. The drive ended with a field goal. “I wasn’t good enough to get us back in the game,” Flacco said.

^^
1. Flacco "underthrew" Watson...Shazier picked it off
2. Flacco "threw" another pick
3. Flacco "overthrew" Perriman...who was open for a TD

So we have 3 different scenarios...but ONE common denominator....FLACCO! And one of the most honest things that he has ever said is;
"I WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO GET US BACK IN THE GAME!" End of story!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
btw, the next time I hear from players that ''the season is a marathon not a sprint'' I'll lose it

no, the NFL is a sprint and if you make it to the playoffs it's a burst of adrenelain that is needed. It's 16 weeks..compared to every team sport that a joke.
Exactly. You lose couple and you're straight into deep shit. Must win a lot from that point on and that's hard if you're always under pressure.

That stuff is squarely on HC. He needs to go, sooner - the better.

I'm thinking Bernard Pollard was right all along. If that didn't happen, no way we win SB.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ozzie has really cost us on the offensive side of the ball.....just sayin. Really has missed on a lot of guys and just hasent given harbaugh the best personel on the offensive side of the ball.

Whenever we are a really good team we have a great running back....weve been missing one since Ray Rice

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
What the hell is going on in Baltimore?

I think if any change comes our OC will be fired before Harbaugh does because Harbs has had success and turned things around before by switching OCs, so I think this needs to happen asap. Idc if Flacco has no time to throw we need to be taking shots deep all day everyday when your losing in the 4th Q. Also the days of Mornenwhigs awful rotational backfields need to end. Terrance West had his chance to shine and he showed he deserves to be a backup, Buck Allen aswell, Alex Collins is our clear cut best RB and deserves to start and see the majority of the snaps.

Finally I saw a couple weeks ago that we restructured Tony Jefferson's contract to free up a little bit cap space...I pray that we use that on some type of O-linemen, also potentially work some trade magic for someone to help our pathetic O-line. It makes Ronnie Stanley look like he's playing with 4 high schoolers. I think Austin Howard can be a serviceable RT but we need to add muscle to the middle after losing Yanda. So maybe that happens maybe not. But I think there are a few things we can do as an organization to try and plug the holes, change things around so this ship doesnt sink.

If we find a way to give Joe a little more time...whether it's using more TEs to block, going after a free agent or trade for a G/T, pass protection along with better play calling will make all the difference to this historically bad offense. A couple years ago Joe had the pass protection but lacked the weapons/separation down field to make plays, now the script is flipped.

I still think Harbaugh is a solid HC, and who is even out there that would do a better job if he were let go? I think Steve and Ozzie know that and will give him a medium sized leash as this season goes on given all the injuries and lack of personnel. But change is inevitable somewhere, and I'm 99% sure Marty Mornenwhig is the man with he short straw.

First thing I wanted to hit on was that I read somewhere that the team re-structured Jefferson, B.Williams and whoever else it was because they had to free up a little space due to the unusually high volume of injuries, to both sign guys and have a little room in case of more injuries. It's the first quarter of the season and the team already has as many IR players as last year I believe.

I didn't like the idea of them retaining Marty to begin with and here's why: when the team fired Cam Cameron and put Caldwell in we saw a tangible difference in how the team attacked offensively. We witness Boldin finally being moved to the slot and the offense finally attacked the middle of field more. Last year Trestman was fired and Marty didn't change a thing, they even had a few games where the run game was looking good and they abandoned it still.
There really was no reason to bring him back other than continuity for the offense, that made little sense since they weren't building towards anything anyway.

I was at the top of the list complaining about Cam Cameron constantly having all the WRs run curls and digs seemingly every play that wasn't a long downfield pass. But outside of the 2012 playoffs and 2014 Kubiak the passing game has always been painful to watch.
We had a long term OC in Cameron that wore out his welcome and since then everyone else has been in and out rather quickly with not so great results.
So I'm starting to wonder now if these OCs are restricted or micro-managed in anyway. I mean
Mornhinweg was apart of some good offenses in SF & Philly, same could be said for Trestman and even Cam Cameron had top10 offenses in SD before coming here. Now Caldwell has Stafford playing much more efficiently in Detroit his interceptions have declined while his completion percentage has risen.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ozzie has really cost us on the offensive side of the ball.....just sayin. Really has missed on a lot of guys and just hasent given harbaugh the best personel on the offensive side of the ball.

Whenever we are a really good team we have a great running back....weve been missing one since Ray Rice

Coaches have to develop players further and put them in positions to succeed as well. I mean we drafted a WR in the 4th round a year ago C.Moore then he doesn't actually get a chance to play even though our passing game is abysmal.
Other teams have no issue playing young WRs or coaching them up or creating mismatches to get them involved. KC drafted T.Hill in the 5th round last year dude played RB for a couple years in college they've got him at WR find ways to utilize the kid get the ball in his hands. Patriots drafted M.Mitchell five picks after we picked Moore and he was relied on even in the Super Bowl as rookie. S.Diggs was a 5th rounder for the Vikings they weren't worried about his injury history or if he dropped a pass.

On defense they'll give an undrafted guy a chance to shine no issues but on offense its a struggle to develop talent. Juice & Wagner are two of the few that were developed as later draft picks recently. Osemele was a 2nd rounder so it was an expectation he'd fulfill potential.

I still think it's a shame how Bernard Pierce looked so good his rookie year then fell off a cliff and isn't even in the league anymore. At first he looked like he could have been our back of the future.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dont know whos in the Kansas city chiefs scouting dept..but we should plunder them

our scouts are absolute shite

arnie_uk

Veteran
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...Steelers/1127ee42-7fff-4124-ab64-74f8ce88bf55

Hard to Win If Flacco’s Interceptions Continue
A day before the game, I predicted in print that the Ravens would win if Flacco snapped his streak of consecutive games with an interception, which stood at nine. He didn’t have a pick in the first three quarters as the Ravens fell 19 points behind and then started to rally. Just when the rally was picking up steam, though, with the Ravens down by 10 points and driving near midfield, Flacco rolled wide and underthrew a pass intended for tight end Benjamin Watson . Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier picked it off. A few minutes later, Flacco threw another pick when the Ravens went for it on fourth down in Pittsburgh territory. But the throw he most regretted wasn’t a pick. After the Ravens intercepted Roethlisberger to give them possession in the red zone early in the third quarter, Breshad Perriman was open for a touchdown and Flacco overthrew him. The drive ended with a field goal. “I wasn’t good enough to get us back in the game,” Flacco said.

^^
1. Flacco "underthrew" Watson...Shazier picked it off
2. Flacco "threw" another pick
3. Flacco "overthrew" Perriman...who was open for a TD

So we have 3 different scenarios...but ONE common denominator....FLACCO! And one of the most honest things that he has ever said is;
"I WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO GET US BACK IN THE GAME!" End of story!
Go on stop using colours. Can't even read the yellow text