• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Quarterback thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Your right. Theyre all as dumb as a bag of hammers lmao
They should start looking for these......

il_570xN.230919344.jpg

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Im an Allen fan. Player and person. I think he'll put in the work to correct his flaws. Im starting to think Darnold is gonna be a bust.....
Allen had very impressive workout. Made few errors but was capable of fixing them on the fly. Top athlete, top character. I think he is able of handling a rookie year as a starter. Probably won't set the NFL on fire but he won't embarrass himself or a team. Potential through the roof.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Allen had very impressive workout. Made few errors but was capable of fixing them on the fly. Top athlete, top character. I think he is able of handling a rookie year as a starter. Probably won't set the NFL on fire but he won't embarrass himself or a team. Potential through the roof.
Exactly. I hate this narrative that hes wildly inaccurate. Hes not...All qbs miss throws. They try to compare him to Jamarcus Russel even though hes nothing like the person Russel was. Hes the one personality i like most if all the QBs.

I also like Lamar Jackson. I think he can be successful in the nfl as long as teams play to his strengths. I feel like the idea that he should switch to reciever is a racist media narrative.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is it worth noting that our new qb coach James Urban worked with Mcnabb and Vick.
I really wouldnt be opposed to the idea of bringing in Lamar Jackson (as a 2nd round pick) and let him develop behind Flacco. We turned Tyrod Taylor into a solid player imagine what we could do with a talent like Jackson.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly. I hate this narrative that hes wildly inaccurate. Hes not...All qbs miss throws. They try to compare him to Jamarcus Russel even though hes nothing like the person Russel was. Hes the one personality i like most if all the QBs.

I also like Lamar Jackson. I think he can be successful in the nfl as long as teams play to his strengths. I feel like the idea that he should switch to reciever is a racist media narrative.
That’s the biggest load of freaking bs. That’s moronic.

The idea of switching him to receiver stems from him being possibly the most electric player in the draft and some people think he could be special if he can put his skills to good use. But sure go ahead and cry racism. Give me a break.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

The idea of switching him to receiver stems from him being possibly the most electric player in the draft and some people think he could be special if he can put his skills to good use. But sure go ahead and cry racism. Give me a break.
Not necessarily, and if you want i can send you a research paper on the limited amount of black men in leadership positions in the nfl. They dont want them to be the face if the franchise. And if it is because of the fact that hes electric as an athlete than why dont people say Josh Allen should move to TE or LB because of his size and strength? They both have accuracy issues dont they? Nobody mentions Lamar Jackson as the best QB in this class even though he won the heisman as a 19 year old, meanwhile Mayfeild wins it at 23 years old and a better supporting cast yet gets more hype. Lets not get started with comparimg the off feild stuff with Mayfeild either. You may not agree with it but it COULD be true. Im just presenting the possibility not making claims

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Not necessarily, and if you want i can send you a research paper on the limited amount of black men in leadership positions in the nfl. They dont want them to be the face if the franchise. And if it is because of the fact that hes electric as an athlete than why dont people say Josh Allen should move to TE or LB because of his size and strength? They both have accuracy issues dont they? Nobody mentions Lamar Jackson as the best QB in this class even though he won the heisman as a 19 year old, meanwhile Mayfeild wins it at 23 years old and a better supporting cast yet gets more hype. Lets not get started with comparimg the off feild stuff with Mayfeild either. You may not agree with it but it COULD be true. Im just presenting the possibility not making claims

I have a short fuse this evening, not because of the two of you, so I want to put some pause into this discussion. I'm not saying you can't continue the conversation, but I want to make sure it stays on point. Remember, it's ok to have differing opinions.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Josh Rosen comes from an athletic Family. His father, Charles Rosen, is an orthopedic surgeon who was once a nationally-ranked ice skater. His mother Liz Lippincott, a former journalist, was the captain of the lacrosse team at Princeton University.

Josh Rosen, before going to high school, was the top ranked tennis player for his age group in Southern California.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a short fuse this evening, not because of the two of you, so I want to put some pause into this discussion. I'm not saying you can't continue the conversation, but I want to make sure it stays on point. Remember, it's ok to have differing opinions.
I was done anyway haha

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Newest draft rumor is that the Giants are more and more less likely to draft a QB with the second overall pick. That opens up the possibility of trading down, especially if the Browns do indeed take Barkley number one. I do think between this, and free agency we will see QBs fall in the draft which should help us land a great prospect at 16.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/giants-less-likely-quarterback-no-2/431456

i know that's the narrative right now but im spitballing and this narrative could be an incredibly effective smokescreen - they convince the browns that they arent taking a qb so the browns feel comfortable taking barkley at the 1st pick - at which point the giants get their first pick of the qbs at the 2nd pick

obviously it makes sense both ways with the giants and certainly the way their coach was hired and the narrative surrounding the hire was of fixing and supporting eli rather than replacing him so it does seem likely that this holds true and that they really do want to find a trade partner (or take barkley at the 2nd pick if the browns do go qb at pick 1)

if im honest i think the best scenario for every team in the top 4 is if the giants and browns trade pick 2 and pick 4 - that way the browns get their top qb choice and barkley, the colts get to know their pick in advance of the draft starting and can plan accordingly and the giants get some extra picks

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Newest draft rumor is that the Giants are more and more less likely to draft a QB with the second overall pick. That opens up the possibility of trading down, especially if the Browns do indeed take Barkley number one. I do think between this, and free agency we will see QBs fall in the draft which should help us land a great prospect at 16.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/giants-less-likely-quarterback-no-2/431456
It won't make much difference for us if they fall from top 5 to top 15. If they fall more, that will make it much worse for the Ravens.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
i know that's the narrative right now but im spitballing and this narrative could be an incredibly effective smokescreen - they convince the browns that they arent taking a qb so the browns feel comfortable taking barkley at the 1st pick - at which point the giants get their first pick of the qbs at the 2nd pick

They should do the opposite, that's how much of a game changer Barkley is. Make them think they have to take a QB at one so you can get the next mega superstar RB at 2 and foil their plan at 4 or even the Colts plan to take him at 3.