• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Quarterback thread

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Is it worth noting that our new qb coach James Urban worked with Mcnabb and Vick.
I really wouldnt be opposed to the idea of bringing in Lamar Jackson (as a 2nd round pick) and let him develop behind Flacco. We turned Tyrod Taylor into a solid player imagine what we could do with a talent like Jackson.

Agree on this. If we take Ridley at 16 and somehow Jackson is there at 52 im all for it. If pick 16 is a slider like James (which I would love) then I want the 2nd rounder going on WR

But Jackson definitely has potential

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Newest draft rumor is that the Giants are more and more less likely to draft a QB with the second overall pick. That opens up the possibility of trading down, especially if the Browns do indeed take Barkley number one. I do think between this, and free agency we will see QBs fall in the draft which should help us land a great prospect at 16.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/giants-less-likely-quarterback-no-2/431456
They are extremely high on Davis Webb as well. If it were me, I'd draft Rosen and be done with it.

https://elitesportsny.com/2018/01/29/new-york-giants-davis-webb-eli-manning-successor/

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Todd McShay's latest mock is insane. He had Sam Darnold number one overall, Baker Mayfield to the Dolphins at 11 and Josh Rosen slipping to the Arizona Cardinals at 15. He had Josh Allen at 6 to the Jets. Then CBS Sports posted a new mock draft where they had the Giants trading UP.... ONE spot to number one for Josh Allen.

Roger Goodell needs to have them submit to a drug test immediately.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ravens looking at qb early in draft (top 3 rounds) per JLC

Guess we won’t be drafting a qb this yr

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really think Baker is going to the Browns, and then someone will trade up to two for Rosen.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
"Three teams sent multiple persons to Richmond (Kyle Lauletta) pro day yesterday. Arizona, Baltimore and the team with the largest contingent... Washington."
Not surprised its washington. Its in their own state and hes the best developmental guy in the draft. We wont have a shot at him unless we take him in the second in my eyes. Patriots are probably big on him too