• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire Dean Pees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pees has more talent to work with now. If he messes this up then we need to can his ass!

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In fairness to the offense, there have been several moments over the past couple of seasons where the offense has erased a deficit in the second half, only for the defense to choke. And vice versa, of course -- but the most glaring instance of the D's failings was the Steelers game this past Christmas Day, when Juice scored to take the lead, only for the secondary to collapse.

and to be fair to the defence there's a reason the offence had to come back from a deficit and its because the offence wasnt scoring any points in the first half - i agree the 4th quarter chokes are disappointing but in many instances (not all i agree including the steelers meltdown) they were down to the defence being gassed because they spent so much time on the field

RavensDFan

Veteran
Don't mind me, but I had to just clock in on the Fire Dean Pees thread :p

He has no excuses. Don't want to hear about injuries or anything else. He has been given the world. At the expense of the offense. So if this defense isn't #1 in all areas and breaking records, then Pees just isn't that good a coordinator.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

He has no excuses. Don't want to hear about injuries or anything else. He has been given the world. At the expense of the offense. So if this defense isn't #1 in all areas and breaking records, then Pees just isn't that good a coordinator.

Of course you did! Just goes to show you that no matter how much things have changed (we're in our new home)......they still remain the same! :D But, I definitely agree with you wholeheartedly! Good to see that you made it here my sister!

Last edited:

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow already lol. :p

We've seen this defense rank highly throughout various statistics but it's never felt like a dominant defense that can put a game away.
Meaning get the critical sack, FF, int or TFL to end a team's hopes.

It's often been a sickening feeling, like oh man if the offense goes 3 and out, then the defense will collapse.

The defense has some depth and potential across board, maybe we can finally close out some halves strong.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Of course you did! Just goes to show you that no matter how much things have changed (we're in our new home)......they still remain the same! :D But, I definitely agree with you wholeheartedly! Good to see that you made it here my sister!

Glad you made it too! I just realized, only the regulars of the old boards will get that joke.

Wow already lol. :p

We've seen this defense rank highly throughout various statistics but it's never felt like a dominant defense that can put a game away.
Meaning get the critical sack, FF, int or TFL to end a team's hopes.

It's often been a sickening feeling, like oh man if the offense goes 3 and out, then the defense will collapse.

The defense has some depth and potential across board, maybe we can finally close out some halves strong.

Believe it or not, I truly do hope for him to prove me wrong every single season. He just hasn't done it yet.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Glad you made it too! I just realized, only the regulars of the old boards will get that joke.

Believe it or not, I truly do hope for him to prove me wrong every single season. He just hasn't done it yet.

i mean the defence faded towards the end of the year but with only 2 corners of any servicable quality they were pretty dominant at times for at least 12 weeks...

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
and to be fair to the defence there's a reason the offence had to come back from a deficit and its because the offence wasnt scoring any points in the first half - i agree the 4th quarter chokes are disappointing but in many instances (not all i agree including the steelers meltdown) they were down to the defence being gassed because they spent so much time on the field

That has been proven to be untrue time after time. The Ravens were actually pretty good I'm ToP last year so that is not an excuse.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
How so? The defense has been unreliable at best, to be kind, at the end of games and in crucial situations since he came here in 2012 and he's still here. Hardly makes him a scapegoat.

The scapegoat of the fans. Yep the defense blew some lead. But how often was the defense asked to hold leads for over a quarter without the offense adding to that lead. Putting not making the playoffs on the defense is ridiculous. I understand trying to build a top defense. But putting together a collection of special players is not so easy. Especially in today's NFL.

And it really takes special players to be a truly feared defense.Tim Williams, Bowser and Humph would have to turn out better than hoped for. Bowser is a great athlete but I don't agree with picking him over defined players. We are not really completely sure if his best asset is rushing the QB? And then there is traditional read and react LB? Which is he going to be very good at? Maybe everything maybe nothing. If he and Hump is a bust this board will be petitioning to Zero dark 30 Dean Pees.

flynismo

Practice Squad

I don't really think that trading away Jernigan and drafting a bunch of rookies counts as giving him the world, LOL. At least not this season. Let the rooks get a year under their belt.
That said, there is more than enough veteran talent here, even with our question marks at pass rusher, for him to get 'er done. He has no excuses, no, but I don't think he needed any in the first place. The D was ranked #7 overall despite Jimmy missing the last month...
[doublepost=1495137992,1495137620][/doublepost]
The scapegoat of the fans. Yep the defense blew some lead. But how often was the defense asked to hold leads for over a quarter without the offense adding to that lead. Putting not making the playoffs on the defense is ridiculous. I understand trying to build a top defense. But putting together a collection of special players is not so easy. Especially in today's NFL.

And it really takes special players to be a truly feared defense.Tim Williams, Bowser and Humph would have to turn out better than hoped for. Bowser is a great athlete but I don't agree with picking him over defined players. We are not really completely sure if his best asset is rushing the QB? And then there is traditional read and react LB? Which is he going to be very good at? Maybe everything maybe nothing. If he and Hump is a bust this board will be petitioning to Zero dark 30 Dean Pees.

This team is just infuriating. The offense sleep walks through the first half, and the only reason why we are even in games in the first place is because the defense keeps us there. Then the offense catches fire for a quarter and half, finally giving the defense a lead, and then the defense just shits the bed.

Blaming just one of those two units for missing the playoffs the last few years is nonsense.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Bowsers best attribute is coverage. Yes he has attributes to be a good pass rusher, but that isn't who he will be from the get go.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm seeing people mention that the defense shouldn't be faulted for 4th quarter collapses when the offense failed for the first 3 quarters, but I see it differently...

Offense and defense simply can't be held to the same standard. If you only need ONE stop to close out for a win, that means you need to prevent a 80ish yard drive. Don't allow 10 yards in 4 plays. That is a very different task than putting together a much longer chain of plays for a much longer stretch of field.

So when the offense rallies to drive the length of the field in the final five minutes to take the lead, they have done their job to win the game, and accomplished a hell of a task by doing so. if the defense cannot prevent the opponent from driving the length of the field, then they failed miserably.

There are more punts and field goals in the NFL than there are touchdowns, and that's because it is a much harder task to score points than it is to prevent them.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
id love to have pagano back. i dont think colts make playoffs this year. titans and texans are better and jags might be also if they can limit bortles from having 2 TOs per game

Status
Not open for further replies.