• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire Dean Pees Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
id love to have pagano back. i dont think colts make playoffs this year. titans and texans are better and jags might be also if they can limit bortles from having 2 TOs per game
Yeah, Pagano is a good defensive mind, but not head coach. That being said, if he does get fired, I'm not sure he would become a dc again, atleast not right away.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
lmao I knew this would return at some point

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man I wished we made a run at wade philips when he was available. But sadly, I knew we were keeping dean with the whole #1 defense til week whatever last season.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I feel like of all people in the FO, Pees is the one on the hottest seat. He doesn't have any excuse like Marty or Harbs can. If his defense doesn't get us to the PO, we won't have any trouble finding a capable DC.

RavensDFan

Veteran
I feel the need to bump this thread.
Everyone crapped the bed in London. Pees' seat is only hotter than others because they gave his unit all the love during the off season and promised the moon. Not only that, they knew many fans (if not the majority) felt he should have already been gone. We'll see what they do from here, but honestly, their ability to create turnovers the first two weeks hid many of the exact same flaws that have been here since Pees. When I pointed that out, everyone thought it was a joke but hey, so it goes.

More concerned about the offense right now. Joe ain't been right since his injury and there is no hiding that fact.

I'm not going to lie, If the defense does indeed fall apart than thats going to fall on his shoulders but I don't think he deserves the majority of the blame of what happened against Jacksonville. The players need to execute, people ask why Pitt or GB have a better defense than us statistically and it's because their players execute.

My biggest critique of Pees will always be his lack of scheming blitzes. If you're having issues getting to the QB than you're going to have to be creative. Look at New England, they don't have all world talent at pass rush but they manage to scheme their players to get sacks.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I can promise this impacts the Ravens decision exactly 0%.
If the fans had full control of this team we'd be fucked. We don't know what we're doing... Just saying.
I'm not going to lie, If the defense does indeed fall apart than thats going to fall on his shoulders but I don't think he deserves the majority of the blame of what happened against Jacksonville. The players need to execute, people ask why Pitt or GB have a better defense than us statistically and it's because their players execute.

My biggest critique of Pees will always be his lack of scheming blitzes. If you're having issues getting to the QB than you're going to have to be creative. Look at New England, they don't have all world talent at pass rush but they manage to scheme their players to get sacks.
Patricia is a good DC and Belicheck is a defensive genius. Not a valid comparison. I do think that Pees' ditractors are hard on the dude, but he's not amazing. I'd rather have Pagano back. But still. The entire coaching staff(sans Roman I think) is on the hot seat. No playoffs this year and everyone is probably gone.

If the fans had full control of this team we'd be fucked. We don't know what we're doing... Just saying.

Patricia is a good DC and Belicheck is a defensive genius. Not a valid comparison. I do think that Pees' ditractors are hard on the dude, but he's not amazing. I'd rather have Pagano back. But still. The entire coaching staff(sans Roman I think) is on the hot seat. No playoffs this year and everyone is probably gone.
I understand that they have an excellent staff but that's just flat out what you need from your DC when you have issues with pressure. It's a legit critique of a DC and it may seem unfair but everyone is expected to overcome hurdles. I personally think he's a good coach and the players don't seem to have any issues with him at all and must hold him in high regard.

If things fall apart them plenty of guys will be out but I think it starts with Pees and Marty, after that it's going to be Harbaugh and Joe who is on the hot seat.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Everyone crapped the bed in London. Pees' seat is only hotter than others because they gave his unit all the love during the off season and promised the moon. Not only that, they knew many fans (if not the majority) felt he should have already been gone. We'll see what they do from here, but honestly, their ability to create turnovers the first two weeks hid many of the exact same flaws that have been here since Pees. When I pointed that out, everyone thought it was a joke but hey, so it goes.

More concerned about the offense right now. Joe ain't been right since his injury and there is no hiding that fact.
Concern about the offense goes without saying. Aside from Joe not looking good, we have just gone from one extreme, passing last year, to rushing this year.

The thing with Pees though is that nothing changes. Since forever. Just the excuses.

RavensDFan

Veteran
The thing with Pees though is that nothing changes. Since forever. Just the excuses.

Even those don't really change. Just the one person that is invaluable and absolutely can't be injured. If they are then the defense cannot be expected to do crap lol The new one this year made me laugh however. That the opposing OC was just doing a really good job. Because that isn't the DC's job or anything, to be able to adjust and counter an opposing OC.

RavensDFan

Veteran
I can promise this impacts the Ravens decision exactly 0%.
If you missed all the fan placating propaganda on BR.com over the years,, I don't know what to tell you. Is it a deciding factor? No. Do they absolutely think about it when you have an abysmal display like against the Jaguars? Of course they do. It is a business.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
If you missed all the fan placating propaganda on BR.com over the years,, I don't know what to tell you. Is it a deciding factor? No. Do they absolutely think about it when you have an abysmal display like against the Jaguars? Of course they do. It is a business.
Tell me why the Ravens would think about it when the fans generally have no idea what's even happening on defense.

I actually really want to hear this one.

Last edited:

RavensDFan

Veteran
Tell me why the Ravens would think about it when the fans generally have no idea what's even happening on defense.

I actually really want to hear this one.
You don't listen or read well at all do you? Do you think they make money if fans stop coming? No they don't. Do you think they aren't aware of that at all? If you do, then you are the one that is clueless. I obviously stated in the last comment that it isn't a deciding factor but it is clear from the stuff they put out at BR.com that they are indeed aware of it and they are always putting out articles to placate the fans. Not just about Pees & the defense, but about many things that go on with the team.

And yes we all know that no one knows anything at all about defense but you and a select few that you deem worthy. I mean seriously, this isn't rocket science.

For the record as well, no they did not play their best defense in week 3. In your own words, if players don't execute clearly that isn't their best is it? Any DC who thinks that is their best is removed from reality.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You don't listen or read well at all do you? Do you think they make money if fans stop coming? No they don't. Do you think they aren't aware of that at all? If you do, then you are the one that is clueless. I obviously stated in the last comment that it isn't a deciding factor but it is clear from the stuff they put out at BR.com that they are indeed aware of it and they are always putting out articles to placate the fans. Not just about Pees & the defense, but about many things that go on with the team.

And yes we all know that no one knows anything at all about defense but you and a select few that you deem worthy. I mean seriously, this isn't rocket science.

For the record as well, no they did not play their best defense in week 3. In your own words, if players don't execute clearly that isn't their best is it? Any DC who thinks that is their best is removed from reality.
But who so you know that isn't going to the games because Pees is coordinator? You've been a Pees hater for probably 3+ years now and you still watch. Realistically, how much do you think they'd lose from keeping Pees? Next to nothing because so few people actually will stop watching due to him. Find me 100 people who say they won't watch because of Pees and have followed through.

The writers don't interact with Ozzie or Harbaugh to make these articles. Pretty sure there's an asterick that says these thoughts are the writer's own and independent of the team. Something along the lines of Ozzie and Harbaugh probably don't read the articles or the boards, nor do they really care.

I think you're really reaching and being naive as anything here.

Also not sure anyone said they played well.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly im not sure i interact with 100 people let alone often enough to know if they follow thru on football watching promises. Maybe ask him to find 10.

RavensDFan

Veteran
But who so you know that isn't going to the games because Pees is coordinator? You've been a Pees hater for probably 3+ years now and you still watch. Realistically, how much do you think they'd lose from keeping Pees? Next to nothing because so few people actually will stop watching due to him. Find me 100 people who say they won't watch because of Pees and have followed through.

The writers don't interact with Ozzie or Harbaugh to make these articles. Pretty sure there's an asterick that says these thoughts are the writer's own and independent of the team. Something along the lines of Ozzie and Harbaugh probably don't read the articles or the boards, nor do they really care.

I think you're really reaching and being naive as anything here.

Also not sure anyone said they played well.
Pees said they played well.

okay well he said they played better than cleveland and cincy and they just lacked "intensity". That they did not disappear. That they go the jags stopped lol etc.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Pretty sure he called out their lack of effort and execution, but I'd like to see the quote.
"You watch the film, they played their butts off. It wasn't that we didn't get 'em stopped. … We didn't disappear on third down. We didn't disappear in the running game. And it kind of offends me that that comment was made.

"What we did disappear in, was the intensity.

"When you play intense and you're really flying around 100 miles an hour, you create turnovers. We didn't create turnovers. We didn't create those kind of opportunities we created in the other two games."

As to why the Ravens would come out so flat, Pees had no answers.

"That's all of our faults, [coaches] for not getting them ready and [players] for not being ready," Pees said. "It's all of our faults. But those guys played hard. We just didn't play with that little extra level of intensity that we had in the first two games."

i.e. we can't scheme, we can't tackle, so if we don't get turnovers we suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.