• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wasn't planning on starting this thread until next week but we've got some injury news that's pretty relevant.

- Anthony Averett is out with a fractured shoulder - potentially around 5-6 weeks - is headed to short-term i/r (i assume we'll have to elevate another corner to the 53 but who knows)
- Tyre Phillips has a hand injury that's been described as 'minor' - as has been postulated elsewhere this could be a justification to make a switch at RG if they feel like he's not taken the step forward they need (or if Mekari's outperformed him)
- Mark Ingram has an ankle sprain and they're hopeful he'll be back by the steelers game (i personally hope they hold him out for a bit because there's no point having him out there like against the Titans if he can't explode of that ankle)
- Derek Wolfe expected to be ready for the Steelers game
- Brandon Williams has tested negative so far - assumption is that he'll be able to be back as soon as his 5 day minimum isolation period is over

some roster moves to come this week i assume because we're down to 4 corners but have 10 offensive linemen and i think technically some space has to be made for brandon williams back on the 53 too (unless they just do a straight swap of him for averett)

got to think terrell bonds would be the next corner up but who knows...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Patrick Queen continuing to impress

queens gonna be special man, he plays at such an incredible speed, the speed he plays at doesnt just come from explosiveness, you can only play that fast as a LB if you have the natural aptitude mentally, hes looked reminiscent of some of the great rookie LB performances weve seen from guys like white, bush, leonard, and warner, and if you told me we would get that kind of player with 28th overall then hell yes sign me up

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
queens gonna be special man, he plays at such an incredible speed, the speed he plays at doesnt just come from explosiveness, you can only play that fast as a LB if you have the natural aptitude mentally, hes looked reminiscent of some of the great rookie LB performances weve seen from guys like white, bush, leonard, and warner, and if you told me we would get that kind of player with 28th overall then hell yes sign me up

You can kinda already tell that he's turning into one of our leaders on the defense too. He's looking even better than Mosley did in his rookie season here.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Kinda glad we play Pitt coming out of a bye. Usually we're really good after the bye week and something feels eerily similar about this year like last. I remember most of us didn't believe we'd beat Seattle coming out of the bye. I think there are some including myself who think it will be difficult to beat Pitt coming out of this bye. Regardless, I think the true nature of this team will be revealed on the near horizon. Here's to hoping

rossihunter2

Staff Member

kind of reminds me of ryan shazier in his first couple of seasons too

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You can kinda already tell that he's turning into one of our leaders on the defense too. He's looking even better than Mosley did in his rookie season here.
Absolutely agree I never felt this excitement for mosley. Now I will say that mosley did some things that I’m not sure Queen could ever learn, and the kinda things that 99% of LBs just don’t do (like his Frequent bump coverage against quick developing routes to give other zone defenders time to close in, just brilliant) but he is gonna be a household name at this rate

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Has a shot at Defensive Rookie of the Year.
2 weeks ago it was “chase young is DROY and everyone else is fighting for 2nd”... now chase young is playing catch up to Queen, and yeah the injuries to young helped Queen, but Queen is simply playing at a DROY pace regardless of his competition

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Dont wanna go too far but he plays like a younger bobby wagner minus the aggressive tackling.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
The Squeelers are garbage. Let's kick their arse after the bye! ...I really want to see us run the score up on them at home.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I'm feeling good about our chances at handing them their 1st loss. The trade for Ngakoue really has me pumped up, and I'm banking on Roman and Lamar to come out of the bye week looking good.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
If we couldn’t get help from the Titans this is the year the Ravens need to get it done themselves. They got to limit the big plays on the Steelers offense and the offense needs to get back on track. Luckily we usually play better out of a bye week but things are different this year. Gotta smack them in the mouth.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
hmmm

I was at the game last year and boy did we rip the heads off of the Pats last year.
That was off of our bye week too I think. Hoping our offense turns the page similar to last year.

Also this might be purely anecdotal but I feel like the Ravens in the Harbaugh era usually don't do as well in October. Idk what the exact numbers are on that but I feel like we are shaky in October but turn it around in November and December.