• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our offense MUST show improvement in all phases. Im not saying go out there and put up 40+ but Theyve had 2 weeks to get it right and now have an opportunity to show what they are made of vs one of the best defenses in the league.

I dont expect it to be pretty what so ever...this is probably going to be a classic Ravens Steelers dog fight to the bitter end. Frustration..sacks..turnovers etc.

But when it counts the most...ie big plays, crunch time, game on the line...the offense NEEDS to come through and we win this game.

Defense will keep it close. But the offense needs to win it for us

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Our offense MUST show improvement in all phases. Im not saying go out there and put up 40+ but Theyve had 2 weeks to get it right and now have an opportunity to show what they are made of vs one of the best defenses in the league.

I dont expect it to be pretty what so ever...this is probably going to be a classic Ravens Steelers dog fight to the bitter end. Frustration..sacks..turnovers etc.

But when it counts the most...ie big plays, crunch time, game on the line...the offense NEEDS to come through and we win this game.

Defense will keep it close. But the offense needs to win it for us
I’ll be honest, I don’t have much faith in our offense this week, I have a bad feeling about this game because the coaching staff have not given me anything to feel positive about and neither has the OL and frankly Neither has Lamar.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean normally no but we have Eagles vs Cowboys on sunday night "barf"

When they could flex "undefeated steelers at Ravens"

Business wise. It makes way too much sense, otherwise they're just throwing money away
They still have the biggest markets in the nfc East no matter how laughable it is, and I don’t think they’re gonna start flexing games this early for the first time ever just because, they just aren’t smart enough for that

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I feel like if we win this game, it’s gonna be the defense bailing us out, I just don’t see how we move the ball vs this Pittsburgh D, any touchdowns may have to come off of turnovers or big returns because I don’t see us marching 75-80 yards with the way our offense has looked, if our offense looks anything short of our week 1 performance it’s gonna be a long day, and of course you can say the exact same about the Steelers offense vs our defense, but a big difference here is that Lamar has yet to disprove his reputation that suggests he might struggle in this one, while Ben has made a career of coming out on top by the narrowest of margins in the most impossible of situations vs the ravens in the biggest games, it’s a fucking annoying and inconvenient truth.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly fully expect our game to get flexed to Primetime. If it doesnt then the NFL is smoking crack cause no one want to see the NFC east play
Well, short answer is, it pretty much can't be flexed...
1. Barring something we saw last week, with the NFL flexing a game due to COVID-related concerns, the NFL is typically required 12 days of notice to flex a game (except for week 17. So the decision to flex Ravens/Steelers would have had to been made middle of last week, which obviously didn't happen.
2. In order for our particular game to be flexed to Sunday Night, CBS would need to agree to allow it to be flexed, since they own the rights to broadcast this game. CBS and Fox generally get right to protect one game each week, given that they pay the NFL significantly more for broadcast rights than NBC (or Disney) does for their games.
Quickly looking through the slate of games CBS has this weekend, PIT/BAL would clearly be the one they'd want to protect.
3. The next best scenario would be to flex it to the 4-430pm time slot, which is considered more "primetime" than the 1pm slate. However, CBS is not scheduled for doubleheaders this weekend, as Fox has that, so that's out as well.
4. I would actually bet that Philly/Dallas would draw as big (or better) of a rating than PIT/BAL would on SNF. Records usually don't mean a lot when it comes to viewership, and Philly/Dallas are two pretty huge markets, and certainly bigger than PIT/BAL.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They still have the biggest markets in the nfc East no matter how laughable it is, and I don’t think they’re gonna start flexing games this early for the first time ever just because, they just aren’t smart enough for that
Think it ultimately comes down to which games they think will draw better.
As I said, Fox and CBS get to protect a game from being flexed generally.
So assuming that CBS would protect BAL/PIT (which they would), Fox would get to protect a game also. Looking at the schedule, my guess is that would be SF/SEA.

So you take those two games off the board, and what are you left with? Its basically Saints/Bears, or maybe Vikings/Packers.

Neither has nearly enough draw in my eyes to warrant booting Philly/Dallas from primetime, even if they are more competitive/better games.

If I looked ahead at the schedule, barring COVID-impacted games or some major injuries to key guys, I think you're probably looking at Week 14 before you see a possible SNF flex. That's got PIT/BUF, which would probably be an interesting game, but far from a national draw. I'm not certain I see a better game to flex into for that one though.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean normally no but we have Eagles vs Cowboys on sunday night "barf"

When they could flex "undefeated steelers at Ravens"

Business wise. It makes way too much sense, otherwise they're just throwing money away

not sure they can flex it this late unless it's for covid reasons - im assuming there's no way CBS lets them take that game away this late in the day and give it to NBC

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I don't care when we play. I just want good play-by-play announcers and/or Kevin Harlan. Give me Romo over everything Fox offers and Collinsworth

for some reason we've only had 1 romo game since 2018...

no announcing schedule yet but Romo normally has the 4pm game albeit that could well not be true this week

if we end up with ian eagle and charles davis for the 3rd time in 7 games ill be a bit peeved tbh

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

no announcing schedule yet but Romo normally has the 4pm game albeit that could well not be true this week

if we end up with ian eagle and charles davis for the 3rd time in 7 games ill be a bit peeved tbh
Fucking hate Charles Davis holy shit he is trash

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd rather have Harlan than Romo TBH

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Have you all seen the recent interview with Mark Andrews? I think he said some interesting stuff. I get that he like everyone else is trained to give coach speak answers, but he seemed to acknowledge that the offense has not reached its potential. He very optimistically said they've had some good practices and have been getting better and he thinks they're very close to turning a corner. He said the we're close thing multiple times. I hope he's right. I think I'm inclined to believe him. It's funny that we of course our offense's first test out of the bye is Pitts D. We shall see. My opinion on this game has changed. I've said for about 10 days I don't see us winning. I see a JTuck clutch fg for the win. 21-20 Ravens. My change in tune is a function of remembering how good we are out of the bye, adding Yannick, and the honesty of Mandrews.