• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The OL Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I personally would prefer Price over Hernandez. We badly need a center, and he'd be better than Jensen was. Our center spot would be set for the next five years.

Granted, I certainly wouldn't complain about getting Hernandez, since he's a monster as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
DJ on Twitter:
“There comes a time when you have to fall on the sword— Doing more work on Frank Ragnow tonight. I’m too low on him. Better to admit it, correct it and move on.“

“I’d prefer to get it right the first time. Haha. Always happens in draft room with a couple guys each year. Forces you to go back and do more work— either strengthens your original opinion or you see something different. I love the process. Appreciate the kind words.”

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
DJ on Twitter:
“There comes a time when you have to fall on the sword— Doing more work on Frank Ragnow tonight. I’m too low on him. Better to admit it, correct it and move on.“

“I’d prefer to get it right the first time. Haha. Always happens in draft room with a couple guys each year. Forces you to go back and do more work— either strengthens your original opinion or you see something different. I love the process. Appreciate the kind words.”
I like Jeremiah a lot. As good as he is, it just goes to show you that there are folks on this board who see things too...despite us being layman.

We're missing the inside sources but apart from that there is no reason to place greater import on say, Lance Zerlein's evaluation than we might on an evaluation done by one of us.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I like Jeremiah a lot. As good as he is, it just goes to show you that there are folks on this board who see things too...despite us being layman.

We're missing the inside sources but apart from that there is no reason to place greater import on say, Lance Zerlein's evaluation than we might on an evaluation done by one of us.

It’s why I love this part of the forum - it’s like a miniaturised war room and we get some nice opinions with some interesting differences in the way we evaluate - I think there’s very few guys (certainly before you get to day 3) that no one on this forum has seen some tape of

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I find it hilarious when these analysts start to get wind of a rumor and move them up like they had them ranked that high in the first place.

You know money is being exchange in the background somewhere between the agents and “draft analyst.”

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I find it hilarious when these analysts start to get wind of a rumor and move them up like they had them ranked that high in the first place.
That is true...He had him tied for fifth so far as interior line prospects a few days ago.

Simba

Staff Member
You know money is being exchange in the background somewhere between the agents and “draft analyst.”
That is true...He had him tied for fifth so far as interior line prospects a few days ago.

It’s all about being “right” more than anything. Just so they can say on air that they aren’t surprised that (insert player here) went 20th overall because he was #14 the big board. There’s room for movement but no way I believe he just came to this sudden realization that a 3rd rounder is now a bonafide 1st on the board.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s all about being “right” more than anything. Just so they can say on air that they aren’t surprised that (insert player here) went 20th overall because he was #14 the big board. There’s room for movement but no way I believe he just came to this sudden realization that a 3rd rounder is now a bonafide 1st on the board.
no way is Ragnow a third round talent in this draft.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
He could still fall to pick 52 potentially but no way is he a 3rd rounder (if he ever was)
I'd be stoked if he fell to 52 but that would also mean no 2nd round WR....so let's hope for a trade back and we can have all of the above.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd be stoked if he fell to 52 but that would also mean no 2nd round WR....so let's hope for a trade back and we can have all of the above.
Could just mean we grabbed a WR in the first (Ridley, Moore, or a trade down for Kirk).

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Could just mean we grabbed a WR in the first (Ridley, Moore, or a trade down for Kirk).

Kind of got that feeling now that draft day has arrived we are going to take Moore at 16.

If no WR in the 1st and we go 2nd then I hope its Gallup

Sticking to the OL thread I think McGlinchey is gone before we pick now

Simba

Staff Member
Younger Frank Ragnow without a beard looks like the lovechild of Gronk and Maxx Williams.