• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The OL Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I continue to hope that Isaiah Wynn will be a prime consideration at sixteen.

He offers five for one positional versatility in a way that no other lineman can. Probably ideally suited at guard but I could see him nicely fitting in at either the center or the RT position from the first.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Yeah I really love the idea of Wynn as a Raven, Offers the versatility that is vital on the OL

Also loving Hernandez, guy is a nasty mauler. Either of them in the 1st and even as guards I am happy

UKRaven

Practice Squad
If it were Hernandez I’d want to trade back a few spots to get him but Wynn I’d be happy with at 16

Yeah I know what you mean, feel like that with Wynn as well. I am struggling to see a team that wants to trade to 16 if a QB isn't there where we could still be in the mid 20s to nab one of them

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I know what you mean, feel like that with Wynn as well. I am struggling to see a team that wants to trade to 16 if a QB isn't there where we could still be in the mid 20s to nab one of them
Someone could very well want to trade up with us to grab a top defender. There will be a top 10 talent available at 16 if all of the QBs are taken before us.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Someone could very well want to trade up with us to grab a top defender. There will be a top 10 talent available at 16 if all of the QBs are taken before us.

True, I can just see Ozzie taking that top defender himself lol rather then trade back

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even though Wynn and Hernandez are really good, I think I'd prefer trading back for Price or Daniels. While not ideal, I think Lewis can handle the guard spot. But center is a glaring weakness right now. As we've learned in the past, a bad center can easily drag down the rest of the line.

This OL class sucks.
For tackles, I'd agree. But there's a ton of good interior guys.

Simba

Staff Member

I don't even agree with that really. I think there are a clear top few and it dips very quickly. I think you've got 3 good Ts, 4 good Gs, and 3 good Cs.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't even agree with that really. I think there are a clear top few and it dips very quickly. I think you've got 3 good Ts, 4 good Gs, and 3 good Cs.
There are definitely some good mid round OL guys. You need to dig a little deeper

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah I agree - I think there’s gonna be a lot of reaching on oline prospects through the draft but I think especially late round 2 early round 3 we might see some crazy reaches on ol

That was my thought. I think some of those guys getting that 3rd round grade could just as easily go in the 5th or 6th and no one would bat an eye. It's just a large group of average at best players, in my opinion.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Which, depending on who it is, i.e. James or Fitzpatrick, I’d much rather have them than trade back.

Agreed, for about a month now I have been praying for Derwin James at 16 (just in terms of the players that might slide to 16 with a QB run)

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Even though Wynn and Hernandez are really good, I think I'd prefer trading back for Price or Daniels. While not ideal, I think Lewis can handle the guard spot. But center is a glaring weakness right now. As we've learned in the past, a bad center can easily drag down the rest of the line.

I like Price, but I would still rather be taking Wynn or Hernandez...Lewis is an X factor in terms of where he lines up, but Wynn can play RT imo, and I would rather target Ragnow with our 3rd for C as I think he will be available there (maybe goes late 2nd)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That was my thought. I think some of those guys getting that 3rd round grade could just as easily go in the 5th or 6th and no one would bat an eye. It's just a large group of average at best players, in my opinion.

Yeah it’s a mess - if I’m honest if we don’t get ol in round 1 I’m not sure we’ll come away from the draft with any before round 4 - there’s lots of guys with 1-2 traits or who have the tools but for some reason have none of the production or guys who were solid but unspectacular in college

It’s a mess of pick your poison day 3 type players but some will get taken in round 3