• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Rookie Camp

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
So we saw our draft picks in uniform and a dry practice run. Anybody there? What did you hear and observe? And read from media/YouTube? So far rookie camp was a surprise everything I read and heard. Let's begin with the sour news before sweets.
Most disappointing thing I heard was my favorite pick Tim Williams was more undersized than expected. Maybe it was his uniform to big but everybody says he is very slender. And Wormley who i thought most NFL ready was smaller than expected as well. He was drafted as a tackle/3-4 defensive end. But looks more like a 4-3 base end. However he is as athletic as a 4-3 defensive end to. Runs a 4.8 at 297 lbs. maybe he looked small only locking horns with Eluemunor who was surprisingly the most impressive player at camp. AHe was thought of as a raw inexperienced projection pick.

But all signs and snickers point at him as man of minicamp. Wormley didn't look confident to put it mildly locking up with Eluemunor. Whose only size negatives was somewhat small hands at 9 3/4. But most impressive thing was his grip that nobody could escape. So that's that. Next most impressive player was Siragusa that displayed similar assets. And Siragusa repeated he wants to begin his transition to center. If he can great. His size athleticism and balance turned some eyes. Nobody mentioned or wrote about Bowser. Nothing I can remember anyways.

Anybody see rookie camp? What did you observe read and hear? Would like to hear something about Williams and Bowsers explosive traits. Nobody is talking about it. Did he look all that small? Was it the uniform or does he look that smallish?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
from what i heard everyone was surprised at how big tim williams looked compared to tyus bowser considering they are supposed to be the same size lol which sounds like the opposite of what you heard

in the writeup on the ravens site, they mentioned that bowser had a *sack* and a pass breakup when dropping into coverage and also that humphrey looked fluid and dominant (albeit against camp wrs)

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
from what i heard everyone was surprised at how big tim williams looked compared to tyus bowser considering they are supposed to be the same size lol which sounds like the opposite of what you heard

in the writeup on the ravens site, they mentioned that bowser had a *sack* and a pass breakup when dropping into coverage and also that humphrey looked fluid and dominant (albeit against camp wrs)

I read the article on the Ravens site too and like you referenced it was closer to rave reviews of our picks than anything else. They said Tim Williams showed shocking explosion for his size even on a wet field. They also raved about Humphrey's ability to pick up schemes and not missing any assignments. Harbaugh was talking him up for whatever that's worth.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
So we saw our draft picks in uniform and a dry practice run. Anybody there? What did you hear and observe? And read from media/YouTube? So far rookie camp was a surprise everything I read and heard. Let's begin with the sour news before sweets.
Most disappointing thing I heard was my favorite pick Tim Williams was more undersized than expected. Maybe it was his uniform to big but everybody says he is very slender. And Wormley who i thought most NFL ready was smaller than expected as well. He was drafted as a tackle/3-4 defensive end. But looks more like a 4-3 base end. However he is as athletic as a 4-3 defensive end to. Runs a 4.8 at 297 lbs. maybe he looked small only locking horns with Eluemunor who was surprisingly the most impressive player at camp. AHe was thought of as a raw inexperienced projection pick.

But all signs and snickers point at him as man of minicamp. Wormley didn't look confident to put it mildly locking up with Eluemunor. Whose only size negatives was somewhat small hands at 9 3/4. But most impressive thing was his grip that nobody could escape. So that's that. Next most impressive player was Siragusa that displayed similar assets. And Siragusa repeated he wants to begin his transition to center. If he can great. His size athleticism and balance turned some eyes. Nobody mentioned or wrote about Bowser. Nothing I can remember anyways.

Anybody see rookie camp? What did you observe read and hear? Would like to hear something about Williams and Bowsers explosive traits. Nobody is talking about it. Did he look all that small? Was it the uniform or does he look that smallish?
Source?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I read the article on the Ravens site too and like you referenced it was closer to rave reviews of our picks than anything else. They said Tim Williams showed shocking explosion for his size even on a wet field. They also raved about Humphrey's ability to pick up schemes and not missing any assignments. Harbaugh was talking him up for whatever that's worth.

was more surprised they had nothing to say about wormley more than anything but i guess the two positions hardest to judge until contact practices are defensive line and offensive line which is why not much was said about eluemunor, siragusa or wormley - which is why i find it surprising that OP said with such confidence that eluemunor was the standout (how could he be if he wasnt able to even practice driving defenders off the ball/ pass protect in real situations...

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited:

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
No, it really doesn't.
this is off topic but imma say it. This might get deleted so i hope you get to read it.

i know you are a mod for the board host forums, but the idea was to keep the community together and these forums are way better than boradhost. so why not migrate here? purpleflock has way more potential growing and surviving than a boardhost.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
this is off topic but imma say it. This might get deleted so i hope you get to read it.

i know you are a mod for the board host forums, but the idea was to keep the community together and these forums are way better than boradhost. so why not migrate here? purpleflock has way more potential growing and surviving than a boardhost.

As Jack Shephard once said, "if we can't live together, we're going to die alone."

I lurk the other board occasionally to get additional Raven fans perspective but this board has more staying power in my opinion and is a lot more visually appealing.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
was more surprised they had nothing to say about wormley more than anything but i guess the two positions hardest to judge until contact practices are defensive line and offensive line which is why not much was said about eluemunor, siragusa or wormley - which is why i find it surprising that OP said with such confidence that eluemunor was the standout (how could he be if he wasnt able to even practice driving defenders off the ball/ pass protect in real situations...

Doesn't take much contact to see who is more confident. Who feels better about the situation he is in. Fans observing almost unanimously liked Eluemunor. Maybe it was his sheer size that gave him the dominant aura. All I know for sure is I looked at it for myself. Wormley did look a little lost. While Eluemunor looked very comfy. AND the rumors were true that Wormley looked a little small for tackle or 3-4 defensive end. And Timmy looked smaller than I thought out of pads. I dunno maybe it was baggy uniform. But I found the rumors true

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Doesn't take much contact to see who is more confident. Who feels better about the situation he is in. Fans observing almost unanimously liked Eluemunor. Maybe it was his sheer size that gave him the dominant aura. All I know for sure is I looked at it for myself. Wormley did look a little lost. While Eluemunor looked very comfy. AND the rumors were true that Wormley looked a little small for tackle or 3-4 defensive end. And Timmy looked smaller than I thought out of pads. I dunno maybe it was baggy uniform. But I found the rumors true

How come you were at minicamp practices?