• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire Greg Roman thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Which to close the loop...
a) seems highly unlikely that will change during the 2020 season.
b) as I alluded to like two weeks ago, if I'm Lamar, I'm spending every second of my offseason working on my mechanics as a passer and learning how to accurately throw outside the numbers.

If there's not evolution there, there are MAJOR red flags when it comes to a long term deal. Like in 4-5 years, he won't be outrunning the defense. And I would hate to be in the middle of a $35-40M+ contract, with a lot of guaranteed money, when his effectiveness as a runner decreases and there's no offseting improvement as a passer. The decline in that case is so steep it'll make people wish for the days of Flacco, no matter how great the ride was to get there.

Bingo . Scared to death of this team locking up Lamar for $35 M/year with little to no progression on his part. That kind of decision sets a franchise back years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I think the FO feels that Llamar's the guy for us. I think they go out and find a OC or QB coach that can help to develop him into what the FO thinks he can become for us. That's a sensible course of action. Any money they save by signing him sooner because he is not now at the pay grade of Mahomes, some of it likely goes to coaching him up. If they wait and see what next year brings, they clearly have reservations. The wait, if he becomes Mahomes2 next season, could be as costly as him not living completely up to what we might pay him today. Whether Llamar agrees to a contract extension having not lived up to what HE might have expected to garner a payday like or greater than Mahomes, remains a question. When players are offered nearly 1/2 Billion $ contracts tho, there's little doubt of the salivation leading to a bite imo, but I don't live in that world. He'll be offered something 2nd tier to Mahomes. I would be shocked if that didn't occur. The draft should be revealing too if nothing is done by then.

Coaches change before talent is discarded. I like Roman. Injuries and circumstances haven't helped him this year, but those considerations are not going to save him if the FO wants to know Llamar's ceiling. Being a thrower is what gets him to his ceiling, not his legs. I don't think Roman's strength is helping Llamar to become a better passer. Whether they can retain Roman and hire a QB's coach to bridge that need is up for debate.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the FO feels that Llamar's the guy for us. I think they go out and find a OC or QB coach that can help to develop him into what the FO thinks he can become for us. That's a sensible course of action. Any money they save by signing him sooner because he is not now at the pay grade of Mahomes, some of it likely goes to coaching him up. If they wait and see what next year brings, they clearly have reservations. The wait, if he becomes Mahomes2 next season, could be as costly as him not living completely up to what we might pay him today. Whether Llamar agrees to a contract extension having not lived up to what HE might have expected to garner a payday like or greater than Mahomes, remains a question. When players are offered nearly 1/2 Billion $ contracts tho, there's little doubt of the salivation leading to a bite imo, but I don't live in that world. He'll be offered something 2nd tier to Mahomes. I would be shocked if that didn't occur. The draft should be revealing too if nothing is done by then.

Coaches change before talent is discarded. I like Roman. Injuries and circumstances haven't helped him this year, but those considerations are not going to save him if the FO wants to know Llamar's ceiling. Being a thrower is what gets him to his ceiling, not his legs. I don't think Roman's strength is helping Llamar to become a better passer. Whether they can retain Roman and hire a QB's coach to bridge that need is up for debate.

Lamar has never won a playoff game , super bowl, and is no where near the talent level of Mahomes so we won’t have to worry about that comparison come contract time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk