• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Chicago

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So harbaugh said canady could return to practice next week. Does that mean wed take him off IR over woodhead?
Depends.
I think that if we can take Yanda off in the future, that we will. But I think the two we are going to take off are Canaday and Woodhead. Flacco likes checking it down, and Woodhead is amongst the best third down backs in the league, and Canaday will be much needed depth at the CB position.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Depends.
I think that if we can take Yanda off in the future, that we will. But I think the two we are going to take off are Canaday and Woodhead. Flacco likes checking it down, and Woodhead is amongst the best third down backs in the league, and Canaday will be much needed depth at the CB position.
Can we take off 2 IR guys? I forget. Also kinda worried Tim Williams hasent practiced this week. Wont help his cause for more playing time

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Depends.

Forget depth. Canady will be starting at slot when he returns,unless Hill is better than everyone thinks.

Last edited:
Brandon Williams is doubtful
Jimmy Smith is questionable.
Really wanted BWill back this week. He'll be game day inactive. I felt given the lack of quality WRs on the team, Jimmy may as well heal up.

If we stop the run vs. the Bears, they're toast. Just hope we can do that without our #1 run stuffer. I think they present a greater challenge on the ground than Oakland did. If the run D can hang tough and the offense doesn't slide back into its funk, I think we'll be fine.

Critical win if we believe ourselves to be a playoff contender.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really wanted BWill back this week. He'll be game day inactive. I felt given the lack of quality WRs on the team, Jimmy may as well heal up.

If we stop the run vs. the Bears, they're toast. Just hope we can do that without our #1 run stuffer. I think they present a greater challenge on the ground than Oakland did. If the run D can hang tough and the offense doesn't slide back into its funk, I think we'll be fine.

Not just critical, but almost necessary for us to have any chance at the playoffs. The Vikings and Titans are going to be really tough outings for us so it is essential that we win against the Bears and Dolphins before the bye. Ideally we need to take one against either the Vikings or Titans to be in good shape for the playoffs. After the bye week, I think we'll fare surprisingly well against the Packers and may in fact beat them contrary to expectations. But, being 6-3 after the bye will be the playoff cutoff in my opinion. Anything lower than that, I don't believe we will make the playoffs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So harbaugh said canady could return to practice next week. Does that mean wed take him off IR over woodhead?
This is great news. Of course he can’t play until week 8, so that is when he would come off IR. Atleast I’m pretty sure that is how it works. I believe Woodhead and Canady will come off for the sheer fact we don’t know if Yanda will be ready. I agree with @Lost_In_Translation evaluation as well, no need to repeat.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Brandon Williams is doubtful
Jimmy Smith is questionable.
Yeahs didn’t expect BWill to play this week, but have a feeling he will be upgraded to questionable next week. Jimmy will be available, but most likely will be very similar to last week, where Humphrey plays the majority of his snaps.

Harbaugh mentioned this injury happened a while ago. Anyone know what game Jimmy was injured.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
One of the most one dimensional offenses in the entire league. With a rookie QB.....

Will Bwill return?
Will Hill return?
Will Maxx Return?

Will our offense continue to show up?
Will Flacco put his head back into his ass?

I have this as a W. Not an easy one, but a W nonetheless.

this is a big game. it is a benchmark game in how we stack up against pitsburgh cuz the bears beat them.
I think we are gonna hammer the bears. they have some players but haven't put it together and while the stealers played them on the road we got them at home and should thump em good.

winning this game will say a whole lot about the next go round with pitsburgh. the bears are are oyster!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Apparently Markus Wheaton may be out for this game, leaving the top two receivers as Kendall Wright and Josh Bellamy.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Yeahs didn’t expect BWill to play this week, but have a feeling he will be upgraded to questionable next week. Jimmy will be available, but most likely will be very similar to last week, where Humphrey plays the majority of his snaps.

Harbaugh mentioned this injury happened a while ago. Anyone know what game Jimmy was injured.

If Marlon keeps playing as he has been, I'm okay with bringing Jimmy in to play limited snaps. Save him for later! Hopefully get a little healthier.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I don't think the bears are a bigger challenge in a way. They have a strong interior line, but that's where our defense shines, a lot of our chunk yardage given up has come off the edge against very good tackles like penn and Villanueva, bears have nothing at OT. So if we can at least matchup on the edge then we should be fine and should at least limit the interior run game.

K-Dog

MVP
The best regular season game in Ravens history, no doubt. And I was there somewhere in the end zone to experience it too.
I would have been just above you or across from you.
Our complimentary tickets were dead center end zone upper level.

So you saw my kid run out and get the kicking tee right ?
( Humor me and lie and say you did ) ^_^

Yeah, you are right. I think it still stands as our largest comeback win in franchise history.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to say. Im a bit worried about this game. I feel like the trenches will be pretty even and it will come down to who males the most plays. I always worry about our skill position players having to step up....