• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 6 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Week 6 is here in the NFL, and parity is alive and well as we head into Thursday Night Football. New York is 0-5 and the other New York team is 3-2 listed as the sixth seed heading into Sunday. If I were to tell you the 3-2 team as the 6th seed would be the Jets and the 0-5 team would be the Giants back in August, you would've laughed. Thus why the NFL is so fun to watch, the parity that it creates of any given Sunday makes every game more exciting. What can week 6 bring us?

Eagles @ Panthers: This is indeed a strange NFL season, a Thursday Night Game that could actually be GOOD? 2 First place teams meet in the Queen City as the first place Panthers host the first place Eagles in what could very well determine who gets a BYE come January.

Dolphins @ Falcons: The Falcons coming off a BYE host the sloping Dolphins as the Dolphins look to get back on track after beating the Titans last Sunday. Falcons are hoping to keep up with the Panthers as the NFC South looks to go down to the wire between 2 good teams.

Packers @ Vikings: If the Packers win on Sunday, it could very well be a preview of the end of Super Bowl LII with The Packers celebrating another Lombardi Trophy. If the Vikings win they can stake claim to the NFC North depending whether the Lions lose to the Saints.

Lions @ Saints: The Lions constantly under achieve every year, Jim Caldwell just got an extension but coaching is everything in the NFL(More on That Below). It helps that so far the Lions are 2-0 on the road but to keep pace with the Vikings and Packers, a win will go a long way toward who wins the NFC North.

49ers @ Redskins: Kyle Shananhan gets an up close look at potentially his 2018 starting QB for the 49ers unless they prefer one of the draft's top quarterbacks. The 49ers travel to Washington looking for their first win against the 2-2 Redskins

Patriots @ Jets: This is easy, Pats have a cake.... wait. The Jets currently sit 3-2, winners of three straight games and the winner of this game can stake claim to first place in the AFC East with the Bills on a BYE. Can the Jets continue to shock the world and upset the Patriots?

Browns @ Texans: The Browns have passed on a lot of QBs who have been viable starters for other teams in the NFL. One of them plays Thursday Night(Wentz) and the other they play on Sunday. They already benched the rookie QB they drafted(Kizer) for Kevin Hogan. Hogan will give them a better chance and will benefit from a Texans defense that just lost JJ Watt and Whitney Merciless for the year.

Buccaneers @ Cardinals: Look out Tampa, the Cardinals are on a Super Bowl run after trading for Adrian Peterson... if this was 2009. Arizona has the oldest NFL roster of all 32 teams and it looks like their age is showing as they are 2-3. The Bucs hope their Kicking issues are fixed otherwise it may cost them another game.

Rams @ Jaguars: The Jacksonville Jaguars are leading the AFC South, and the Giants are 0-5. Why? Tom Coughlin. Coughlin has brought the culture that won him 2 Super Bowls in New York with him to Jacksonville and it's showing. The Rams look much better but aren't there yet, I imagine the Jags hold on to the division lead for another week.

Steelers @ Chiefs: Could a locker room mutiny be coming for the Steel Curtain? With distractions popping up like pimples on a teenager's face, can the Steelers overcome them by being the first to knock off the NFL's last undefeated team? Alex Smith is finally playing up to his potential, rookie Kareem Hunt is on fire and I don't see this Steelers team, in the current shape that it's in beating the Chiefs.

Chargers @ Raiders: The Chargers won the 0-4 bowl last week against the Giants and look to win their second straight against a reeling Raiders team. Derek Carr hopes to play this weekend after missing last week's loss to the Ravens. This Raiders team is why we play the game folks, everyone was saying they were Super Bowl contenders. Well if the Super Bowl contending Raiders are missing, they need to be found for Sunday.

Giants @ Broncos: I wonder if losing in front of a national audience on Sunday Night Football and dropping to 0-6 would be enough to fire Ben McAdoo. Coaching we know is the most important thing in the NFL, the 49ers before Jim Harbaugh compared to with Jim Harbaugh, and once again without Jim Harbaugh. The Giants with Tom Coughlin, and the Giants WITHOUT Tom Coughlin. Think Von Miller and company won't have a problem sealing his fate, but the only question is will the Giants score any points?

Colts @ Titans:
The mystery of Andrew Luck remains a mystery but the Titans hope to get Marcus Mariota back for Monday Night Football. With the surprising Jags leading the way, the winner of this game can keep up with the Jags and if it's the Colts, then Andrew Luck will have a chance to take a Colts team back to the playoffs after all.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Second TD of the night for TE Zach Ertz. Never mind, apparently during commercial the Eagles decided to go for 2 after the refs mistakenly assumed they wanted to take the penalty yardage on kickoff. 2 PT conversion is good thanks to Blount, Eagles now lead 18-10 early in the second half.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That PI call doesn't make any sense. INT was in front and if anything, Mills was stopping WR to pull even farther from where the ball dropped.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That PI call doesn't make any sense. INT was in front and if anything, Mills was stopping WR to pull even farther from where the ball dropped.

Well you know how it is, breathe the wrong way on a WR and prevent him from scoring and it's a flag. DPI and Roughing The Passer have to be the most questionable calls in the rule book. DPI can be called correctly, but then something like that where it shouldn't be called there's a flag. Then we all know how roughing the passer works.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I would say the Eagles are the most complete team in the NFC at the moment and the best team. Rodgers' carries the Packers because Ted Thompson uses the Colts method of screw every other position, Rodgers will take care of everything. I can very well see the Eagles hosting the NFC Championship Game this year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well you know how it is, breathe the wrong way on a WR and prevent him from scoring and it's a flag. DPI and Roughing The Passer have to be the most questionable calls in the rule book. DPI can be called correctly, but then something like that where it shouldn't be called there's a flag. Then we all know how roughing the passer works.
These defensive players from the 70s must be cringing. There was no 5 yard rule for PI and cb were basically mugging wr’s throughout the route tree.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I would say the Eagles are the most complete team in the NFC at the moment and the best team. Rodgers' carries the Packers because Ted Thompson uses the Colts method of screw every other position, Rodgers will take care of everything. I can very well see the Eagles hosting the NFC Championship Game this year.
Agree on the Eagles. I like the look of the Redskins, too - they need to be little more consistent but they're a good team.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agree on the Eagles. I like the look of the Redskins, too - they need to be little more consistent but they're a good team.
Yeah, the Eagles have an opportunity, but in the end the Skins defense will come apart. Right now they are playing above their talent level and I believe it will catch up to them. Wish we signed Zach Brown.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I still find it funny that the Browns fired Scouts that favored Carson Wentz because the analytics department favored Goff and thought he would be the better pro. So it sounds they fired scouts who had common sense and knew what they were talking about. No wonder they remain the Browns. If Wentz gets the Eagles to the NFC Title Game, the Browns should fire their analytics department.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I know Mark Sanchez was the QB at the time, but I still can't believe the Eagles missed the playoffs after starting the season 9-3. I believe they finished 10-6....just like we did, but at least we made it.