• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 6 Discussion (Other Teams)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
This Wentz kid is for real man! That is exactly how a QB looks and understands and then dissects the field! Strong armed, great football intelligence and simply very good QB. I am envious of the friggin' Eagles. They're set for the next 10-12 yrs now!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I still find it funny that the Browns fired Scouts that favored Carson Wentz because the analytics department favored Goff and thought he would be the better pro. So it sounds they fired scouts who had common sense and knew what they were talking about. No wonder they remain the Browns. If Wentz gets the Eagles to the NFC Title Game, the Browns should fire their analytics department.
I find it funny they didn't take QB with that pick

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't see any view that overturns this for a TD. How Ron Rivera thought something so iffy was worth losing a timeout is insane.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't see any view that overturns this for a TD. How Ron Rivera thought something so iffy was worth losing a timeout is insane.
In the last shot they left there the longest (fully stretched Newton) - ball was directly above the line and foot isn't down. That should have been enough to overturn the call.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is a good game! I believe the Eagles will prevail because Wentz is surprisingly stout against the blitz it seems. And he is unbelievably accurate in threading the needle!

This Wentz kid is for real man! That is exactly how a QB looks and understands and then dissects the field! Strong armed, great football intelligence and simply very good QB. I am envious of the friggin' Eagles. They're set for the next 10-12 yrs now!

Wentz has size, the arm and is a cold weather guy too, he would have been perfect for the Browns. For what its worth I think Goff will be good, but like Matt Ryan good not Brady good.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
It seems like Newton is adept at just tossing the ball in the general direction for a TD no matter who's there or not. If there is a Panthers player, good throw and catch. If not, bad throw and INT. This guy is a great athlete/RB who happens to know how to throw and that is it! But, still who am I to throw shade on Newton because I've supported Joe Flacco all along!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I find it funny they didn't take QB with that pick

Decided to go to the Browns board, and the thread discussing the game tonight. The one comment that stuck out to me.....

"would you really rather have that than corey coleman and picks? Plus if we drafted wentz we likely wouldn't have taken Kizer in the second round and we wouldn't be getting to see his development now. Give me kizer and coleman everyday over a young 6'5 qb who is progressing fast, seemingly 'gets it' now, and has a big arm."

:lol:

So apparently he'd much rather have the guy that was just benched over Wentz. Having a ton of picks is nice but quality over quantity is how you win at the NFL Draft. You can have many picks but if you pass up a quality player for a bunch of picks, the trade ends up being bad. Then again, the Browns scouts were overruled for "analytics" that said Wentz wasn't good enough to play for them.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Decided to go to the Browns board, and the thread discussing the game tonight. The one comment that stuck out to me.....

:lol:

So apparently he'd much rather have the guy that was just benched over Wentz. Having a ton of picks is nice but quality over quantity is how you win at the NFL Draft. You can have many picks but if you pass up a quality player for a bunch of picks, the trade ends up being bad. Then again, the Browns scouts were overruled for "analytics" that said Wentz wasn't good enough to play for them.
I don’t know. Sounds like he is being sarcastic from your bolded part. However it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don’t know. Sounds like he is being sarcastic from your bolded part. However it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

I wish he was but he was being serious. Apparently their "analytics" system they use rated Cody Kessler higher than both Wentz and Prescott, and based off that I would say their analytics system is terrible at rating quarterbacks. Funny thing is in 1999, the Eagles got the better of the Browns in the 1999 Draft as well. They drafted Tim Couch, and the Eagles with the very next pick took McNabb.

Considering how well Watson is doing in Houston, Watson was there at 12 for the Browns after taking Garrett and they passed on him and allowed Houston to trade up and get him. Guess they will get another look at how badly their system is working.