• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Jacquouille Mock for 2018

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think after getting so many young foundational guys in 2016 and then missing the playoffs due to poor secondary depth and pass rush, we decided to stack our defense and hope we can stack the offense the following year. I can't explain any other reasoning for going 4 straight defenders in the 2017 draft
Following the board? It was a very defensive draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Following the board? It was a very defensive draft.
It was but juju was there in the second. Godwin and hunt in the third. All fit needs and would be a quality board.

Not that I would've went a different direction(aside from hunt over wormley with hindsight) because I liked our draft, but our defense needed far less attention than the offense.

And following the board is part of the 2 year plan, it's a strong defensive draft so you take the good defenders, fix the defense long term, and build the offense in 2018 even if it means reaching.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It was but juju was there in the second. Godwin and hunt in the third. All fit needs and would be a quality board.

Not that I would've went a different direction(aside from hunt over wormley with hindsight) because I liked our draft, but our defense needed far less attention than the offense.

And following the board is part of the 2 year plan, it's a strong defensive draft so you take the good defenders, fix the defense long term, and build the offense in 2018 even if it means reaching.
This year is a strong offensive class in terms of depth. If you look at the top, the game changers are on defense. You still have holes on your defense, and there's a guy to change that into a strength. I take him, and never look back. Then I have 6 rounds to pick playmakers on offense. They don't just come in round one. On Day 2 you have a big pool of WR with great potential each. You have a decent chance to get a good OL in Round 2. You have an insanely deep RB class. Some fine TE depth as well. You can maneuver any way you like and go BOPA as much as you want. As long as you really work on finding what your offense needs. I think it needs some help upfront and some big receivers, and if possible a RB (in this case, Weber could absolutely be the workhorse, but a 3rd down back like John Kelly was in serious consideration as well).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This year is a strong offensive class in terms of depth. If you look at the top, the game changers are on defense. You still have holes on your defense, and there's a guy to change that into a strength. I take him, and never look back. Then I have 6 rounds to pick playmakers on offense. They don't just come in round one. On Day 2 you have a big pool of WR with great potential each. You have a decent chance to get a good OL in Round 2. You have an insanely deep RB class. Some fine TE depth as well. You can maneuver any way you like and go BOPA as much as you want. As long as you really work on finding what your offense needs. I think it needs some help upfront and some big receivers, and if possible a RB (in this case, Weber could absolutely be the workhorse, but a 3rd down back like John Kelly was in serious consideration as well).
for me, it's still BOPAUFA "best offensive player available unless fitzpatrick is available"

Problem with waiting until the 2nd round is that we should draft ol and wr by the 2nd round. Sure you can wait until the 3rd, but look what happened this past draft. I understand your reasoning, but there are some really good offensive players in the top half of the 1st round as well.

Next year we get these two new defensive rookies joining the team --- TWill and Bowser.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
for me, it's still BOPAUFA "best offensive player available unless fitzpatrick is available"

Problem with waiting until the 2nd round is that we should draft ol and wr by the 2nd round. Sure you can wait until the 3rd, but look what happened this past draft. I understand your reasoning, but there are some really good offensive players in the top half of the 1st round as well.

Next year we get these two new defensive rookies joining the team --- TWill and Bowser.
Say we have pick 15, which offensive players do you think are worthy of that pick? I'm curious, maybe I'm missing out on some of them.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Say we have pick 15, which offensive players do you think are worthy of that pick? I'm curious, maybe I'm missing out on some of them.
there is always someone that drops. Never fails. Maybe Nelson drops because teams would rather have a tackle or McGlinchey is available. Maybe a top WR is available. In the offseason new names come out of the word work as well. Some of them are legit, others are part of the hype train. I feel a very good offensive player will be available when we are on the clock.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well we will need to improve massively as a team overall to pick that low. I know we have an easy schedule ahead but I still see us dropping a good half of the winnable games and I think we lose to pit and cinci

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Well we will need to improve massively as a team overall to pick that low. I know we have an easy schedule ahead but I still see us dropping a good half of the winnable games and I think we lose to pit and cinci
So we would end up 6/10?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So we would end up 6/10?
Looking at the schedule I would probably predict that. We could realistically lose every game but browns and colts, we could cough one of those up as well. Rodgerless packers aren't scary but I don't trust our offense anywhere on the road, especially a place like lambeau. But hell its the ravens they could fucking win and out for all we know

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Looking at the schedule I would probably predict that. We could realistically lose every game but browns and colts, we could cough one of those up as well. Rodgerless packers aren't scary but I don't trust our offense anywhere on the road, especially a place like lambeau. But hell its the ravens they could fucking win and out for all we know
You seen the Texans play though? We could win with just a field goal.