• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Both. Said they wouldn't be able to travel with the team last night, but said the plan was for them to travel today.

OK, so they might be there, but that doesn't mean they'll play. I think that's the whole point. Eligible to play and will play are different things.

Same with Brandon Williams. Very well may be there but won't be suiting up.

Simba

Staff Member
OK, so they might be there, but that doesn't mean they'll play. I think that's the whole point. Eligible to play and will play are different things.

Same with Brandon Williams. Very well may be there but won't be suiting up.

They aren't going to fly them out there separately if they aren't going to play. There was an expectation yesterday that they would play, and clearly that was wrong. That's far from the only report.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They aren't going to fly them out there separately if they aren't going to play. There was an expectation yesterday that they would play, and clearly that was wrong. That's far from the only report.
Why not?

I don't see any reason why they can't be there and not play. I'm certain there will be at least a couple players that will be there and won't be playing. Its even possible that they're active and still won't play.

I don't think those things have anything to do with each other. Inactive players travel with the team or to road games all the time. The only difference here is if they're taking a different flight.

Hell they don't even have to fly. It's Pittsburgh. It ain't that far away.

The premature aspect of the reporting was to ASSUME that because they were eligible to play, that they would play. I agree that's bad reporting, but all the reporting I've seen is purely based on that assumption, not an actual report from a source.

Simba

Staff Member
Why not?

I don't see any reason why they can't be there and not play. I'm certain there will be at least a couple players that will be there and won't be playing. Its even possible that they're active and still won't play.

I don't think those things have anything to do with each other. Inactive players travel with the team or to road games all the time. The only difference here is if they're taking a different flight.

Hell they don't even have to fly. It's Pittsburgh. It ain't that far away.

The premature aspect of the reporting was to ASSUME that because they were eligible to play, that they would play. I agree that's bad reporting, but all the reporting I've seen is purely based on that assumption, not an actual report from a source.

Come on man. Be smart. They aren't gassing up a plane to fly 2 guys out to stand on the sidelines.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Come on man. Be smart. They aren't gassing up a plane to fly 2 guys out to stand on the sidelines.
I don't know that they will or not. I'm also not certain its their plane. They can fly commercial, or use any of about a half dozen other methods to get from Baltimore to Pittsburgh quickly without an airplane.

My overall point is any "reports" of them playing were purely being assumptions that they COULD play, not that they WOULD play.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Took the afternoon off work for this game probably a bad decision because of the inevitable result but let's go Ravens

lol work can wait , your depression watching the shit show that is RG3 comes first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's gonna be interesting to see how our 3rd string C will play. It will pretty much determine - along with Fluker/Phillips at tackle - how efficient our run game will be.
Edit: Apparently it's Colon-Castillo according to Bo Smolka.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbs has definitely lost this team.

We knew it was going to be a long shot but the body language is just horrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk