• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The photographer that day at training camp:

4oi61k.jpg
Who the fuck is Lamar Jackson?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

i dont get it - surely the players that were "potential positives" should have been close contacts... surely that's literally the definition of a close contact???

Close contact is within 6 feet for 15 mins. So it’s very possible they were not in fact close contacts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The logic behind the reporting I've seen is that, with walkthroughs, its essentially socially distanced already. I.e. even if they suspected a player could be positive, there's no reason to think they would spread, since they're not in contact with anyone.

if that was the case then why bother isolating or quarantining at all...

linemen still line up next to each other during walkthroughs - its obviously not the same as full contact or normal practices but it's still a weirdly unnecessary risk

and does that mean there are players they have deemed potential positives who could be playing tomorrow?
if they're potentially positive then they should be in quarantine because they surely cant be eligible to play...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Close contact is within 6 feet for 15 mins. So it’s very possible they were not in fact close contacts

then how would they have been identified as potential positives? if they werent close contacts what could the NFL know that suggests they knew a player could be potentially positive but isnt a close contact? like what even is the criteria that fulfils those parameters

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I took the Steelers -10 , seems like easy money when you think about the Steelers defense VS RG3 and a patchwork O line

Took the alt line at -16.5. Patchwork line. Rg3. Thin at DL and they think we've been ducking them. I think they want to embarrass us.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
then how would they have been identified as potential positives? if they werent close contacts what could the NFL know that suggests they knew a player could be potentially positive but isnt a close contact? like what even is the criteria that fulfils those parameters
The potential positive likely came as a result of either close contact with somebody who recently tested positive, or have perhaps an inconclusive test.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
LOL what a fucking disaster

I believe the preferred nomenclature is Shitshow. ^_^ Just cancel the freaking game already.

Once Ben throws a TD on the first series, I bet they get him off the field and all of their other important players. This could be a 3 point game with the B teams playing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ive never felt more certain that our season is over.

I’d be shocked if the ravens play 16 games this season