• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
imagine if by some miracle that we win this game... id be surprised if we come within 7

I took the Steelers -10 , seems like easy money when you think about the Steelers defense VS RG3 and a patchwork O line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently Brandon Williams can suit up. If healthy, that’s huge.

I’m also fully on board starting McSorely over RG3. We know what Griffen can do , it’s not enough to win this game, so give the kid a chance

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont know that its false confidence - more lack of nerves/pressure

there is zero expectation on this ravens team which ironically means it could be the most stress free game in a while

No. Im literally feeling like we might just pull off the upset of the 2000's lol

Reactions: cdp

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently Brandon Williams can suit up. If healthy, that’s huge.

I’m also fully on board starting McSorely over RG3. We know what Griffen can do , it’s not enough to win this game, so give the kid a chance

I think the last thing I'd be doing is sending McSorley out there in his first NFL start against that pass rush.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the last thing I'd be doing is sending McSorley out there in his first NFL start against that pass rush.

Call it a steep learning curve lol. I just believe this is a perfect opportunity to see what the kid has. Maybe create some trade value ooooor cement his position on the practice squad and eventual release

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So it's ok if rg3's career is done after tomorrow? Trace or Bob It doesn't matter.
Right, I don't care.

So how about we just start the guy who's actually the backup? If we're starting McSorley, why is RGIII on the roster?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

how is that not a concern lol? they were identified as potential positives and then were still allowed at the walkthroughs???

makes no sense

at least they didnt get on the plane per Garafolo

The logic behind the reporting I've seen is that, with walkthroughs, its essentially socially distanced already. I.e. even if they suspected a player could be positive, there's no reason to think they would spread, since they're not in contact with anyone.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Call it a steep learning curve lol. I just believe this is a perfect opportunity to see what the kid has. Maybe create some trade value ooooor cement his position on the practice squad and eventual release

1. The time to see what the kid has is in the preseason. Absent that, I don't understand what RGIII's purpose on the roster is if he gets demoted from backup to 3rd string based on nothing.
2. One game isn't going to create trade buzz anyway. Really wouldn't matter how he played. Best case scenario is a 7th rounder, which is the same as cutting a player basically. I think 32 NFL teams could get their hands on a McSorley-level player tomorrow. College is full of them these days.
3. I think his status as the third string QB on this roster is already cemented. He hasn't beat out RGIII for the job.