• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire Marty

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really wanted Shanahan, even over Kubiak. But after Kubiak left, I really wanted Gase.

I just don't know how it went Kubiak-Trestman-Marty.

Sad thing is I actually had high hopes for Trestman. I really thought he'd get our WR's involved.

I agree I also wanted Shanahan.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I really wanted Shanahan, even over Kubiak. But after Kubiak left, I really wanted Gase.

Do you still want Gase? It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he became our OC if he gets fired after this season. Based on his quotes from previous seasons, he's sick of losing to us while Flacco usually having a field day against his defense.

Sad thing is I actually had high hopes for Trestman. I really thought he'd get our WR's involved.

I agree I also wanted Shanahan.
I was really intrigued by his hiring. I figured that if he could make Cutler look really good, then I had no doubt he can do the same for Flacco. Boy was I wrong on that sentiment.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Do you still want Gase? It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he became our OC if he gets fired after this season. Based on his quotes from previous seasons, he's sick of losing to us while Flacco usually having a field day against his defense.

I was really intrigued by his hiring. I figured that if he could make Cutler look really good, then I had no doubt he can do the same for Flacco. Boy was I wrong on that sentiment.
Yes, I very much want Gase. He made Cutler look good.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
and now he's making cutler look worse than at any other point in his career - so 50-50 on what he'll do with flacco

but then again cutler was the coach killer - maybe he views gase as the one who got away and came back just so he could get his last coach fired and then retire and do tv
I mean, think of Kubiak. Mediocre head coach who was amazing as an OC. Wade Phillips- mediocre coach who was amazing as a DC.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Because they wanted to keep the same offense intact. That didn’t happen. Kubiak ran a stretch zone and Trestman and Mornhinweg Run the inept zone.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Because they wanted to keep the same offense intact. That didn’t happen. Kubiak ran a stretch zone and Trestman and Mornhinweg Run the inept zone.
Inept zone? That'd imply that they ran a competent scheme to begin with by saying zone..

It's just better to call it "horseshit"

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and now he's making cutler look worse than at any other point in his career - so 50-50 on what he'll do with flacco

but then again cutler was the coach killer - maybe he views gase as the one who got away and came back just so he could get his last coach fired and then retire and do tv
Well cutler had absolutely no training camp. I do think he would have done better with him if he had some camp, but I like Matt Moore better than Cutler.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If Gase becomes available he easily shoots up as my #1 guy personally.
You know, the Dolphins would be dumb enough to let the new HC go after one successful season and then one failed one where the FO made a few stupid moves.

I hope this happens.

You know, the Dolphins would be dumb enough to let the new HC go after one successful season and then one failed one where the FO made a few stupid moves.

I hope this happens.
Absolutely which is why I don't think we will get him. That would be a terrible move unless Gase lost his locker room. Then again, Miami is dysfunctional. What Gase did with Cutler in Chicago was very impressive IMO. I don't think he even deserves criticism atm when it comes to Cutler. Cutler was a guy who just arrived in August and was pretty much ran out of Chicago and now it looks like he might have a few more years left in the NFL.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Absolutely which is why I don't think we will get him. That would be a terrible move unless Gase lost his locker room. Then again, Miami is dysfunctional. What Gase did with Cutler in Chicago was very impressive IMO. I don't think he even deserves criticism atm when it comes to Cutler. Cutler was a guy who just arrived in August and was pretty much ran out of Chicago and now it looks like he might have a few more years left in the NFL.

Gase wears his heart on his sleeve and is definitely showing his frustration in public right now and has been for the last few weeks - I could definitely see a scenario where he loses faith in the team himself and decides to leave (rather than being fired)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I remember people talking shyt when i said kapernick was better than flacco, but if we had kap right now we would easily be in the playoff run.

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
I remember people talking shyt when i said kapernick was better than flacco, but if we had kap right now we would easily be in the playoff run.
Definitely. With our defence and run game all we need is competent quarterback play. We'd have beaten Tennessee and Chicago and maybe Pittsburg too with just a little more from the QB.

Tru11

Practice Squad
norv turner might have something left.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

After seeing Kubiak leave who also had health concerns it probably made John Harbaugh focus on getting a offensive coordinator that would last more than one year. Adam Gase didn't really fit in that category and most likely would have been gone after one season with The Ravens. Can't keep shipping offensive coordinators in and out and expecting the quarterback game to stay in tip top shape. This is why i'm hoping Marty M and Joe Flacco eventually get it together.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
After seeing Kubiak leave who also had health concerns it probably made John Harbaugh focus on getting a offensive coordinator that would last more than one year. Adam Gase didn't really fit in that category and most likely would have been gone after one season with The Ravens. Can't keep shipping offensive coordinators in and out and expecting the quarterback game to stay in tip top shape. This is why i'm hoping Marty M and Joe Flacco eventually get it together.
Kubiak left after Marty was hired on. Kubiak has nothing to do with Marty.

But yes, I do think they passed on Gase and Shanahan for fear of them being head coaches elsewhere. But I'd rather take one or two years of a great coach than five or six of absolute mediocrity.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kubiak left after Marty was hired on. Kubiak has nothing to do with Marty.

But yes, I do think they passed on Gase and Shanahan for fear of them being head coaches elsewhere. But I'd rather take one or two years of a great coach than five or six of absolute mediocrity.
Kubiak left before Marty was hired, not after. I'm assuming that is what you meant.

Agree with the rest of your statement

Gase wears his heart on his sleeve and is definitely showing his frustration in public right now and has been for the last few weeks - I could definitely see a scenario where he loses faith in the team himself and decides to leave (rather than being fired)
He doesn’t strike me as that type of guy. It’s really rare to see a HC resign in the NFL because it’s not seen as a good thing in most places. Some think resigning is worse then getting fired.