• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire Marty

RavensDFan

Veteran
No, I made it about the cap (and spending) because I made the initial post and the initial argument. I'm sorry if you're head was somewhere else, but I was always talking about the cap hit implications...

You can't really tell me I'm wrong when I know what I was referring to.

Edit: Actually, you kinda started this discussion. You replied to my initial post and said the FO will continue to ignore the offense (false narrative) and I replied about their spending habits and how they do load up for the offense via FA. So, uh... yeah. Don't tell me what I was talking about.

But if we're going to begin to argue about what was said rather than discuss the actual issue at hand (the Ravens do invest in the offense, sorry it doesn't produce the results you want), then I'm done. This is stupid and pointless.
Dude, it is all there in the thread. The initial post I quoted is your post about Pitta's quote. Nothing about cap hits. That is the post I responded to from you. Nada about cap hits. So if you spoke of cap hits earlier than that post, you are wrong that I responded to it.

You responded about bringing in FAs and spending on O line. Not once do you mention cap hits. It's all there dude in black and white. Not telling you what you were THINKING but can tell you what you actually posted.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ok, let’s stop this conversation. Neither of you are going to agree. It’s time to agree to disagree and move on already.

RavensDFan

Veteran
you really are a terrible liar.

Bmore talked about investing in the offense mentioning FA , Draft and coach changes.

Then you replied asking on why we never spent on the offense like we did on the defense this past season.

I replied to that.

Before this was the initial post by bmore and your first reply to him.

So bmore started this discussion in which you replied to him after a certain point i jumped after bmore has explicity mentioned FA and draft in particular.

You decided to make it just about the draft after you where proven wrong.....
Again, lie all you like but I posted them in order. They are right there in the thread.

Nowhere does he say anything about the cap hit until after you do. He talks about FA and O line as investing in the offense, that's true and I clearly included that post. I even said I'd shoulder some of the blame since I did use the word "spent" when I wasn't referring to money. I mean, it is all there in flipping order.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Again, lie all you like but I posted them in order. They are right there in the thread.

Nowhere does he say anything about the cap hit until after you do. He talks about FA and O line as investing in the offense, that's true and I clearly included that post. I even said I'd shoulder some of the blame since I did use the word "spent" when I wasn't referring to money. I mean, it is all there in flipping order.

@RavensDFan Sorry, I had to do this and @rossihunter2, you’re going to love this...

View attachment 296

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Ok, let’s stop this conversation. Neither of you are going to agree. It’s time to agree to disagree and move on already.
I already said I would. It moved from actual football substance to he said, she said because we have to come to the point that it's easier to argue semantics than admit one is wrong.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@RavensDFan Sorry, I had to do this and @rossihunter2, you’re going to love this...

View attachment 296

giphy.gif

Tru11

Practice Squad

Talking about FA or the draft is talking about the cap woman.

You cant figure out how these things are directly tied to each other?

When a player signs a contract it affect the cap directly.
You cant talk draft or FA without considering the cap.
You cant talk resigning anyone without considering the cap.
You cant talk trade without considering the cap.
You cant talk releasing a player without considering the cap.

Anything roster related is directly tied to the cap.

You cant seriously be as dumb as those who keep yapping about straight up cutting flacco like it has no implications right?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Talking about FA or the draft is talking about the cap woman.

You cant figure out how these things are directly tied to each other?

When a player signs a contract it affect the cap directly.
You cant talk draft or FA without considering the cap.
You cant talk resigning anyone without considering the cap.
You cant talk trade without considering the cap.
You cant talk releasing a player without considering the cap.

Anything roster related is directly tied to the cap.

You cant seriously be as dumb as those who keep yapping about straight up cutting flacco like it has no implications right?

dude, chill...

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Alright, yeah, we need to stop replying to RavensDFan and Tru on this issue. It's a pointless argument over semantics and it just needs to be put to rest.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Does anyone remember how in the hell we were able to recruit Kubiak? Harbaugh has been notoriously bad at getting OCs. I feel like Kubes was a Steve B. thing

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Does anyone remember how in the hell we were able to recruit Kubiak? Harbaugh has been notoriously bad at getting OCs. I feel like Kubes was a Steve B. thing
Actually, Kubiak had dinner with Harbaugh and they brought up the idea and went from there.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It's hardly worth arguing with people on certain topics because they will not budge. Nearly everyone has that one topic (or several in the case of a few members), but when it turns to that topic, I will discuss until I see no hope and move on.