• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Word is that CJ Mosely is seeking a 5 year deal worth $68m with 34m guaranteed. This would make him the highest paid Inside Linebacker in the league.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Geez. I don't think he deserves to be highest paid. Hopefully we can find something more reasonable
I'm hoping so as well. Seems to be the nature of the NFL with all these contracts going up dramatically. This could end up having an effect on what we do with our 16th pick.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Geez. I don't think he deserves to be highest paid. Hopefully we can find something more reasonable

it would be a miracle if we ever manage to sign him for less than the largest ILB contract in the NFL - the power of inflation and an ever-increasing salary cap almost inevitably leads us down that path...

if we can get him to 5yr65 with under 30 guaranteed i reckon it would be a realistic deal - id hope we could get him for 5yr55m or around there (+/-) with about half or just under half guaranteed

it's a tricky deal as well - i imagine CJ's agent is likely aiming for a 3 year deal and we're likely aiming for a 5 year deal

Simba

Staff Member
you'd think he'd come up with something a little more interesting or funny...

That's usually what he does. Draws you in with something that could sound real and then the rest of the article gets a little more unbelievable until the reveal at the end.