• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Check out @AdamSchefter’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/989968826535219202?s=09

Antonio Gates is looking for a new team...we probably won't look into him considering we let Watson walk and they are like the same age. But Gates would be a nice little bridge and insurance policy for Hurst in case he can't jump into the NFL and be a starter.
I wouldn't mind giving him a one year deal. It'll be a nice insurance policy incase a wr gets injured. And it'll let us ease Hurst into the starting lineup.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bet that offer we made him is looking pretty fucking good right now.

Offer him again. I know we just drafted two WRs or whatever but.... He's still a #1 guy imo. We need that right now and the offense would be honestly set.
I agree. Give him that two year offer again. I hope he'll accept it this time and play pissed off.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bet that offer we made him is looking pretty fucking good right now.

Offer him again. I know we just drafted two WRs or whatever but.... He's still a #1 guy imo. We need that right now and the offense would be honestly set.

apparently our offer was way higher than anything else he was offered - so we could lowball him and it would probably still be more than he'd get anywhere else lol

that being said i dont think we need a 4th vet because we'd have so many vets taking snaps off young players

I think after the draft and the snead signing, the ship might have already sailed on us being interested in an aging veteran.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Kendrick Lewis - DB - Titans
5911.jpg

Titans signed S Kendrick Lewis.

30-year-old (in June) Lewis spent last season out of the league after he was released by the Ravens last March. He's made 81 career starts but will be competing for a bottom-of-the-roster spot with the Titans this summer.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Breshad Perriman - WR - Ravens
10357.jpg

Ravens declined WR Breshad Perriman's 2019 team option.

Perriman has been a non-factor since missing his entie rookie year to injury. With Baltimore adding Michael Crabtree, John Brown and Willie Snead this offseason, he's entering a make-or-break training camp.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not 2018 related but jags declined fowler jrs 5th year option.

That's a guy I'd like to pursue hard with the savings we may see from losing joe.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

That's a guy I'd like to pursue hard with the savings we may see from losing joe.
Yeah, I definitely liked him coming out, but I’ll have to see who else may hit free agency.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

He could be useful as a rotational edge rusher, but I don't see him as a full time starter. I think I'd prefer going for an edge rusher in the upcoming draft.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fowler would be nice but I’m not sure he’s in the cards. He may be too pricy for us or not really be what we want here. This upcoming draft is pretty strong in Edge pass rushers so that would be a prim moment to get a Suggs replacement if one isn’t already here.