• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sucks that Adams didn't hit FA because now it makes it harder for us to sign someone.

He was never gonna make it to free agency which is why no one ever really mentioned him - still a lot of quality receiving options hitting the market and a lot of teams have paid or are about to pay wrs to stay in their building which should mean slightly less competition in the free agency market + I fully expect some high(er) profile we cuts this offseason too

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
So you think Moore will go later than 146?

Probably not. But tough to say. Diggs didn't have any business being available in round5. He was a 5 star recruit. And as far as raw talent can say, he was as good as round1 WRs Agholor and Cooper. But he didn't have a lot of tape. He was injured twice and the QB was terrible. So his stats were not all that. However the tape you could find. His skills were very evident. It was clear his raw skill was top shelf!! He should not of been available in round5!! And he wanted to play for the ravens. He played for Maryland cuz it was his home. And he wanted to play local in the NFL as well. Which made management look that much more incompetent not drafting him with so many opportunities. Pathetic!! He showed a far more complete skill set than Perriman. And one of my favorite WRs ever coming out of college. He and Marqise Lee my favs

Tank

Hall of Famer
Probably not. But tough to say. Diggs didn't have any business being available in round5. He was a 5 star recruit. And as far as raw talent can say, he was as good as round1 WRs Agholor and Cooper. But he didn't have a lot of tape. He was injured twice and the QB was terrible. So his stats were not all that. However the tape you could find. His skills were very evident. It was clear his raw skill was top shelf!! He should not of been available in round5!! And he wanted to play for the ravens. He played for Maryland cuz it was his home. And he wanted to play local in the NFL as well. Which made management look that much more incompetent not drafting him with so many opportunities. Pathetic!! He showed a far more complete skill set than Perriman. And one of my favorite WRs ever coming out of college. He and Marqise Lee my favs
Yeah, I thought for sure we would have taken him.

I really like Moore. He’s a gritty play maker with great hands.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So you think Moore will go later than 146?
Nah, but diggs should've went higher and anyone who watched his tape would agree, his injury history, which was quite extensive, pushed him probably 2-3 rounds deeper than he would've went

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nah, but diggs should've went higher and anyone who watched his tape would agree, his injury history, which was quite extensive, pushed him probably 2-3 rounds deeper than he would've went

yeah it was funny pre-draft when loads of random journos laughed when this guy who was a projected day 3 pick was up at the podium telling everyone he was the best receiver in the class... just tells you how much of the nfl media at the drafts etc. doesnt actually look at the grades or the profiles or the scout reports

he was very entitled to that view lol and always looked like one of the best receivers in the class

Tank

Hall of Famer
I remember the game where he and another WR each broke their leg. Unbelievable.

Maryland has had terrible luck with injuries the past few years, especially at QB. Wait........maybe it’s something in the water. :unsure:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So I don't know where to put it and maybe someone has already posted about it, but I saw in LFW this week that a team has reportedly asked about a trade for ZDS similar to the one we made for Jernigan. That sounds interesting
yea thats a good one. He has potential but at same time if the price is right its a good move

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Exactly!!!!

He was never gonna make it to free agency which is why no one ever really mentioned him - still a lot of quality receiving options hitting the market and a lot of teams have paid or are about to pay wrs to stay in their building which should mean slightly less competition in the free agency market + I fully expect some high(er) profile we cuts this offseason too
I didn't think of him as an option here, I just thought that him being on the FA Market would help some others guys fall to us.

I think Demaryius Thomas has a chance to enter FA tbh.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
It really hurts us that Corey Linsley was signed to a contract extension. Now Jensen is the only decent center on the market. I think Jensen will get a similar deal, I would be very happy paying him around 30-35 million over the next 4 years.

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
It really hurts us that Corey Linsley was signed to a contract extension. Now Jensen is the only decent center on the market. I think Jensen will get a similar deal, I would be very happy paying him around 30-35 million over the next 4 years.
There is no way that an average center is worth that kind of money. With his dirty play he needs to change his name to “target” because everyone will be taking a shot at him next year. The online is really going to hurt next year regardless if he stays. You got a 36 year old coming back from a broke leg who is at the end game of his career,a unproven guard coming back from shoulder surgery,a first round draft left tackle who has not played good ball hardly any at all this year,a draft choice who tore everything in his knee he can tear and to top that off an aging right tackle who is absolutely horrible at the speed rush. Sakura will be back and he has potential to be a decent lineman and that is a good thing. Hurst will more than likely be gone and that will be a great thing for him. We put ourselves in this position with very little cap space. You don’t hire a marksman (Flacco,Williams,etc.)and give him the moon just because he hit the bullseye one time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There is no way that an average center is worth that kind of money. With his dirty play he needs to change his name to “target” because everyone will be taking a shot at him next year. The online is really going to hurt next year regardless if he stays. You got a 36 year old coming back from a broke leg who is at the end game of his career,a unproven guard coming back from shoulder surgery,a first round draft left tackle who has not played good ball hardly any at all this year,a draft choice who tore everything in his knee he can tear and to top that off an aging right tackle who is absolutely horrible at the speed rush. Sakura will be back and he has potential to be a decent lineman and that is a good thing. Hurst will more than likely be gone and that will be a great thing for him. We put ourselves in this position with very little cap space. You don’t hire a marksman (Flacco,Williams,etc.)and give him the moon just because he hit the bullseye one time.

I disagree with just about every sentiment you’ve suggested there

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer