• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Does anyone else like Buccs TE Cameron Brate? dudes been quietly productive and durable, hes a nice redzone target too. Im hoping we hit refresh on our TE corps this year.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Br.com fueling the Landry fire. If we signed him I'd be excited and all but I can't help but feel like he's far from the answer, now if we sign him and get a ant Miller/Cedric Wilson/James Washington/Michael Gallup in the draft, then I'd be lit.
I don't think we could just sign Landry and expect to be fine the rest of the way. I don't think anyone believes that. The good way would be to add a FA and draft a guy. Landry is probably the top FA option but our offense needs a lot more help than just him (even though he's a high volume guy). We should add a deeper threat to complement him as the underneath target. Get one of Cain, Chark, Wilson, Washington. Not Miller, he's essentially the same player imo.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are u already justifying a barely better than average player if that getting $12mil per. Cuz elite oline players r getting what inside linebackers are getting. It’s not like the top ilb’s r getting $15mil per and center/guards are getting $8mil. It’s a very comparable pay scale. I have no idea how u figured QB into the comparison. Which is a $20mil per standard. Mosley isn’t worth elite linebacker money if that’s where you are going with this dude

Elite LB money no. Elite MLB money yes. I know you have a bias against him that clearly isn't based on his actual production because there are maybe 2 or 3 people at his level at that position and everyone in the NFL knows that.

Br.com fueling the Landry fire. If we signed him I'd be excited and all but I can't help but feel like he's far from the answer, now if we sign him and get a ant Miller/Cedric Wilson/James Washington/Michael Gallup in the draft, then I'd be lit.

I've heard Landry is looking for at least $14M a year and the Dolphins have too many holes to fill, Jacksonville makes sense if he wants to get paid and win now.

Does anyone know our cap situation with all our UFAs off the books?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I've heard Landry is looking for at least $14M a year and the Dolphins have too many holes to fill, Jacksonville makes sense if he wants to get paid and win now.

Does anyone know our cap situation with all our UFAs off the books?
Around 11M right now I believe, probably going to end up 20M after restructuring Williams, Jimmy and signing Mosley.

EDIT: that's provided we don't resign Jensen

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Any guesses on Mosleys current market? Would it have cooled off?
He'll get just what the market says. Probably be the highest paid since that's how it goes, but I don't expect him to chase a monster deal like Wagner did iirc. Given his FT was around 8.5M and that Kuechly has 12.5M my guess would be something like a 5 year, 60M spreaded out so we can be more agressive this year.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Elite LB money no. Elite MLB money yes. I know you have a bias against him that clearly isn't based on his actual production because there are maybe 2 or 3 people at his level at that position and everyone in the NFL knows that.

Top 2 or 3?? Are you serious?? Do u have all22 to back that up?? Cuz peeps I know that do as well as members at RSR that do are completely disgusted with him!! All his tackles after first downs and 8 yard gains are irritating them. He sucks in coverage and u don’t need all22 to see he isn’t explosive in closing burst and pursuit. That is a joke Your being a homer. Mosley isn’t elite by far!! He sucks in coverage and makes no splash plays. EVEN WHEN the system is designed to free him up. Where are the big hits at and behind the line?? Where are the big plays the elite and really good linebackers make and seem to come outa nowhere?? We believed he would get better in coverage and he didn’t. He is what he is. Telvin Smith, Jaylen Smith,Jack,Kwon Alexander, Deion Jones are players drafted after round1 better than Mosley. And that is b4 we talk about the really elite linebackers Wagner Kuechly etc...And he seems to have lost a half step at a younger age. His pursuit and closing speed isn’t what it was as a rookie. Not that it was ever great but it was pretty good. He is barely better than Onwauser. He is PFF’s 35 ranked ilb!! I know i know it’s not completely accurate. But u damn well know u woulda posted it up here by now if it ranked him elite.

And biased against him?? lol he was one of 3 players I wanted at his pick. He was my dude. I rooted for him more than anybody. But facts are a great supporting cast at Alabama and Alabama itself helped hype him up. Would he of been a top 20 pick out of Boise State or Arizona?? My biased is he is overrated by his school and draft spot. And Ozzie will overpay him for that. If he was a round2-3 pick outa Arizona would he be a $60million ilb?? You can’t say he would.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

I would like Landry with a sleeper like Brice Butler. Butler is a big play threat with so much more potential!! He eats cushion almost like Randy Moss than smoothly and suddenly effortlessly shifts his route and leaves cornerbacks helpless!! Boy I would like to get this dude on a prove yourself deal. His routes are sweet and he naturally sells them with fluid sudden cuts and explosion. This dude is gonna be awesome with an opportunity!! Watch his tape dude!! RavensMania found him and turned me on. Wouldn’t it be so totally cool to sign Butler and Janis and have them take advantage of opportunity and be at least borderline No.1 WRs. I think Brice has top5 WR skills. Looks as good or better than AJ Green. Somebody is getting a steal.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Top 2 or 3?? Are you serious?? Do u have all22 to back that up?? Cuz peeps I know that do as well as members at RSR that do are completely disgusted with him!! All his tackles after first downs and 8 yard gains are irritating them. He sucks in coverage and u don’t need all22 to see he isn’t explosive in closing burst and pursuit. That is a joke Your being a homer. Mosley isn’t elite by far!! He sucks in coverage and makes no splash plays. EVEN WHEN the system is designed to free him up. Where are the big hits at and behind the line?? Where are the big plays the elite and really good linebackers make and seem to come outa nowhere?? We believed he would get better in coverage and he didn’t. He is what he is. Telvin Smith, Jaylen Smith,Jack,Kwon Alexander, Deion Jones are players drafted after round1 better than Mosley. And that is b4 we talk about the really elite linebackers Wagner Kuechly etc...And he seems to have lost a half step at a younger age. His pursuit and closing speed isn’t what it was as a rookie. Not that it was ever great but it was pretty good. He is barely better than Onwauser. He is PFF’s 35 ranked ilb!! I know i know it’s not completely accurate. But u damn well know u woulda posted it up here by now if it ranked him elite.

And biased against him?? lol he was one of 3 players I wanted at his pick. He was my dude. I rooted for him more than anybody. But facts are a great supporting cast at Alabama and Alabama itself helped hype him up. Would he of been a top 20 pick out of Boise State or Arizona?? My biased is he is overrated by his school and draft spot. And Ozzie will overpay him for that. If he was a round2-3 pick outa Arizona would he be a $60million ilb?? You can’t say he would.

Y’all can disagree and dislike all u want. lol If he is overpaid it won’t be long b4 the media and fans begin to roast him!! Especially when slow journeyman browns TE’s cook him.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm more about signing multiple mid tier guys and attacking the shit out of wr in the draft. Sign sanders when/if he hits the market, sign another mid tier guy like a Paul Richardson, and then get 2 WRs and a TE in the draft

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I'm more about signing multiple mid tier guys and attacking the shit out of wr in the draft. Sign sanders when/if he hits the market, sign another mid tier guy like a Paul Richardson, and then get 2 WRs and a TE in the draft

Oh I agree. But I don’t want any 30+ receivers like Sanders. Richardson and Marqise yes. I would like Marqise or Paul and then sign a young hungry WR like Brice Butler or Jeff Janis. Those dudes are ready and want it. Big fast crafty athletic. I once discussed with truth how Janis didn’t get enough opportunity while Adams was pushed and given to much opportunity to finally succeed. Brice is where Sanders was 5 yrs ago looking for opportunity behind established WRs like Brown Wallace and Ward. As a matter of fact he looks like a bigger version of Sanders Speed routes and athleticism. I’m liking Deon Cain in the draft a lot. Maybe even better than Ridley

Anyone have the scoop on Maquise Lee, Cody Latimer and Dante Moncrief? They were big draft hype names on the old forums a few years back