• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 OL Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i would not be surprised in the least - he's basically factory-made to be a ravens centre (i know @Edgar feels a bit differently) but i think he's a major talent

also interesting that peter king also mocked us landon dickerson this week too...
I like Dickerson. Not as much as I like Humphrey but more importantly, the injuries scare me off of him. Of course, any of these guys can get hurt regardless of history but if we take a guy in the first round with season ending injuries in 4 out of 5 seasons (both ACL's and both ankles), and he gets hurt ? You have to answer for that as a GM.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I like Dickerson. Not as much as I like Humphrey but more importantly, the injuries scare me off of him. Of course, any of these guys can get hurt regardless of history but if we take a guy in the first round with season ending injuries in 4 out of 5 seasons (both ACL's and both ankles), and he gets hurt ? You have to answer for that as a GM.

if they take him then you have to trust that they're satisfied with both the medical history and also the combine medical checks they got to do in person

it's one of those where if he's off the board i'd completely understand but if he's taken high then i just trust that the medical staff ok'd him and that there's nothing structurally wrong

but yeah, if it goes wrong that ultimately falls on EDC's head - got to think though that it may be a risk they feel like they can take now because they have both those 1st round picks

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
if they take him then you have to trust that they're satisfied with both the medical history and also the combine medical checks they got to do in person

it's one of those where if he's off the board i'd completely understand but if he's taken high then i just trust that the medical staff ok'd him and that there's nothing structurally wrong

but yeah, if it goes wrong that ultimately falls on EDC's head - got to think though that it may be a risk they feel like they can take now because they have both those 1st round picks
can't disagree with any of that. I'll add to that that if they take him over Humphrey even with the injury history, they must really, really, really like him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
can't disagree with any of that. I'll add to that that if they take him over Humphrey even with the injury history, they must really, really, really like him.

again, i know you think creed's better, but when i watch dickerson i find it hard not to see a potentially all-pro type player - he stops his feet sometimes and he's not the athlete that creed is (must be said that creed's athleticism tested better than any C ever according to RAS)

but there's this intense nastiness, ruthlessness and an ability to crush the will of defenders with basically any block type that makes him the absolute worst C to face as a DL, especially later in games

Humphrey would be a great and very safe pickup but the ceiling on Dickerson (for me) is soul-crushing

Simba

Staff Member
again, i know you think creed's better, but when i watch dickerson i find it hard not to see a potentially all-pro type player - he stops his feet sometimes and he's not the athlete that creed is (must be said that creed's athleticism tested better than any C ever according to RAS)

but there's this intense nastiness, ruthlessness and an ability to crush the will of defenders with basically any block type that makes him the absolute worst C to face as a DL, especially later in games

Humphrey would be a great and very safe pickup but the ceiling on Dickerson (for me) is soul-crushing

Dickerson has some Yanda to him as far as the mindset goes. I mean, we saw Dickerson go out there on a torn ACL and take a snap while most guys aren't fully comfortable walking yet. He might be "injury prone" but he's also gonna play through some tough shit because he's that much of a dog.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dickerson has some Yanda to him as far as the mindset goes. I mean, we saw Dickerson go out there on a torn ACL and take a snap while most guys aren't fully comfortable walking yet. He might be "injury prone" but he's also gonna play through some tough shit because he's that much of a dog.

dude was doing cartwheels at bama's first pro day - some guys talking about him not being ready to play until august - and it looks to me like he'll at least be able to practice in non-contact drills well before then...

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see a lot more Humphrey/Yanda. Super smart, awesome recovery, redirect...2nd level stuff is unmatched.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

I see Humphrey as superior technically . feet and hands together...kills it on the second level. He's an absolute technician and I think he paves the way for extended runs for both rb's and Lamar because he is so good fitting up 2nd level. Watched him three times this week spring out of his stance to stop B/A gap penetration by 3T on GT counter and then further seal backside by blocking the 5t coming over the top. Cant recall seeing that...maybe ever.