• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DB Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This wasnt posted yet so i figured id put it up. Doesnt seem to be the best DB draft in terms of depth (so far) but there is plenty of talent at the top.

You all know the drill

Quin Blanding is a player i think could have a seemless transition to our style of defense. Although hed probably cost us a second round pick. Which we kinda need to spend on the offense.....lol

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Levi Wallace is a revelation for Bama. I see him play and i wonder "ive never heard his name before" turns out hes a former walkon at Bama and is a senior. Only played his junior and now senior year. Hes starting and has 3 picks and 9 PDs who the hell is this kid!?!?!?!?!? Anyone????

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Call me crazy, I think we will have a shot at Derwin.
Would you take him though? If we had a chance at him, I assume we are top 10. I don't think we have a use for him on this team. I mean no doubt he would be an incredible player, but after signing Jefferson he is just useless.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Would you take him though? If we had a chance at him, I assume we are top 10. I don't think we have a use for him on this team. I mean no doubt he would be an incredible player, but after signing Jefferson he is just useless.
I won't give you my opinion on him until I further evaluate him. But from what I've seen he could be a transcendant talent and you don't want to miss that. We like to use 4 safeties set (Webb, Weddle, TJ, Levine), and it's not like TJ and Weddle are excelling (plus Weddle is getting old) so S is a need. I'll dig deeper to see how he helps us.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It's weird but Ronnie Harrison plays more like a S than Minkah and Derwin from what I've seen. He's actually the only one I've seen play deep.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's weird but Ronnie Harrison plays more like a S than Minkah and Derwin from what I've seen. He's actually the only one I've seen play deep.
To me Ronnie Harrison Garners top 15 consideration. He has an elite skill set combined with impressive measurables. I always thought of him as dime backer but that seems to be Fitz role.

Marcus Allen is your prototypical Box safety.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Man, watching James really gives you the vibes of Jabrill Peppers with more size. Clearly he's a guy that will not be drafted as high as he's hyped to be.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man, watching James really gives you the vibes of Jabrill Peppers with more size. Clearly he's a guy that will not be drafted as high as he's hyped to be.
He really doesnt have the production youd hope for. He got all the hype from his freshamn year and all those big hits he made

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The safety from Penn State, Marcus Allen, is someone I'd love seeing play in purple and black. He's such a great back-end enforcer.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He already had 2 picks and 15 passes defensed before this game. Comepletely overlooked
Yeah, I don't remember seeing him mentioned often but he's making plays all year. These 3 picks today were awesome - on two he read a play beautifully. Then, there's that one-handed grab, totally freaking great.