• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DB Thread

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I have hard time evaluating him. There are those traits @29BmoreBird22 mentioned but I'm also fully aware that at least some of it comes from playing next to Fitzpatrick. And he's a tad on a lanky side for my liking but I suppose that's fixable in NFL training room
Dude would need to be drinking mass gainer out the ass. He's so thin

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't even bother assigning grades because the NFL often goes the opposite direction.

i always just set up a board and move players up or down and then add tiers (the tiers dont necessarily correlate with a round or part of a round but more they indicate where significant noticeable talent dropoff occurs) - i normally end up assigning nominally a grade that corresponds to a round just by looking at the numbers and where id feel comfortable taking a particular tier of players...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm glad that I feel comfortable with our DBs finally, I fucking hate trying to evaluate DBs and they are my least favorite position to watch film on, without all-22 it's damn near impossible. I'm enjoying not studying DBs this year

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'm glad that I feel comfortable with our DBs finally, I fucking hate trying to evaluate DBs and they are my least favorite position to watch film on, without all-22 it's damn near impossible. I'm enjoying not studying DBs this year
Funny, CB is among my favorite positions. I don't know, it feels like in 10 snaps you've seen everything you need to see, feels so easy to evaluate.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting you don’t like this. I like watching film on dbs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Funny, CB is among my favorite positions. I don't know, it feels like in 10 snaps you've seen everything you need to see, feels so easy to evaluate.
I disagree with this. You have to see multiple games and in different parts of the game if at all possible. Just because a player has a good or a bad game, doesn’t mean it’s always like this.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I disagree with this. You have to see multiple games and in different parts of the game if at all possible. Just because a player has a good or a bad game, doesn’t mean it’s always like this.
Yeah, that was exagerated, but you get the point. A lot of stuff about the CB can be seen just

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, that was exagerated, but you get the point. A lot of stuff about the CB can be seen just
I also like watching tape from different years to see how that player has improved. How he adjusts from playimg speed wr andtall WRs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You’ll may have to study it for the Forum mock.