• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member

based off my early board - here's who BPA would say i should pick in each round based off his picks at other positions:

Derwin James
Will Hernandez
Equanimeous St Brown
Luke Falk/Cedrick Wilson

interestingly (and the thing i took from this mock) is that the large volume of day 2 receiving talent meant that round 2 receivers were popping up in round 4 (i dont expect that to necessarily happen in real life but it does bode well in terms of there being value when we pick in the 2nd (and definitely the 3rd)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Agreed, Defensive picks in rounds 2 and 3 would be criminal as well.

These rounds are deep for WR and TE.

DeCosta himself has said that which tells me unless Ridley is at 16, we aren't taking a WR in the first.

Which could mean we go defense in round one and if a DB like Fitzpatrick or James falls to 16, they will be a Raven.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
DeCosta himself has said that which tells me unless Ridley is at 16, we aren't taking a WR in the first.

Which could mean we go defense in round one and if a DB like Fitzpatrick or James falls to 16, they will be a Raven.

I'm totally fine with that. I think if we don't trade back at 16 then unless its Ridley (Nelson is long lonnnng gone, Wynn I think is more a trade back in the 20s pick) then a BPA is going to be defensive

Rounds 2 and 3 are loaded with WR's and TE's, defensive picks here are where I would be unhappy

If someone like James falls (easily a top 10 talent, just an example) then run to the podium at 16.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like Jessie bates As the heir apparent to weddle. Hope he’s there in the 3rd for us.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Alexander is growing on me. Don't really know what we'd do with him (we have Tavon in the same mold) but he's a good player.
Ya hes gonna be a stud in the NFL. I see a lot of Harris jr in his play style but his attitude and demeanor will make him a star in my eyes. Kid doesnt back down from nobody

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldnt mind taking Armani Watts if hes there in the 3rd. He could easily start as a free safety on any team. Just need to show more effort and consistency when tackling but i love his ball skills and coverage ability. Makes a lot of plays on the ball when he plays high safety