• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

TE Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
troy fumagalli is my guy, 100%
Fumagalli, the four fingered wonder, has all the makings of a #1 TE himself. I honestly think between the three top dudes he’d be the best fit here for what we like to do with our TEs.

Gesicki is also mine btw...... Best hands in the TE class and possibly in the whole draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Fumagalli, the four fingered wonder, has all the makings of a #1 TE himself. I honestly think between the three top dudes he’d be the best fit here for what we like to do with our TEs.

Gesicki is also mine btw...... Best hands in the TE class and possibly in the whole draft.
Is he missing a finger? No way...

And gesicki to me looks a little manufactured, seems a lot of his touches are short screens where he's wide open in space, I mean that's basically all we ask our TEs to do anyway but I'd prefer we break that trend rather than encourage ourselves to do it more lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

You can’t have them all. Some of them are mine

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I live the railroads, but I want the st, Charles group and Pennsylvania Avenue. Oh and I want free parking as well.
Since I don't really know much about any of the prospects, I guess I get stuck with Baltic and Mediterranean ave.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Is he missing a finger? No way...

And gesicki to me looks a little manufactured, seems a lot of his touches are short screens where he's wide open in space, I mean that's basically all we ask our TEs to do anyway but I'd prefer we break that trend rather than encourage ourselves to do it more lol.
Production is slightly overrated when it comes to scouting. I look more for traits that players have. It's why I'm not worried about Calvin Ridley. Sure they feed him the ball... But it works because of his abilities after the catch. This is college, not the pros. Why wouldn't you feed the dude in the passing game? He's not as good as Julio or Cooper, but he flashes traits of a #1 WR. So I don't think that'd be a terrible pick. So that's honestly an unnoteworthy crticism and a borderline non factor. Reverse situation. OJ Howard had piss poor production in college, yet he's going to be a stud TE at the NFL more likely than not.

As for Gesicki. He's a Dennis Pitta clone.. And I mean that in the best way. Down to the number. Dude has the best hands in the entire class regardless of position, and we don't have too many stone handed guys here. Gesicki is a former basketball player, and it shows on tape. Some of his jump balls are insane. Great footowork. Underrated after the catch with good burst for a TE and isn't easy to bring own. I can see why guys like Matt Miller like the guy.

Sure, they feed him the passing game sometimes and create wide open looks... But he's good after the catch so why wouldn't you try to get him plays in wide open space at the collegiate level?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Production is slightly overrated when it comes to scouting. I look more for traits that players have. It's why I'm not worried about Calvin Ridley. Sure they feed him the ball... But it works because of his abilities after the catch. This is college, not the pros. Why wouldn't you feed the dude in the passing game? He's not as good as Julio or Cooper, but he flashes traits of a #1 WR. So I don't think that'd be a terrible pick. So that's honestly an unnoteworthy crticism and a borderline non factor. Reverse situation. OJ Howard had piss poor production in college, yet he's going to be a stud TE at the NFL more likely than not.

As for Gesicki. He's a Dennis Pitta clone.. And I mean that in the best way. Down to the number. Dude has the best hands in the entire class regardless of position, and we don't have too many stone handed guys here. Gesicki is a former basketball player, and it shows on tape. Some of his jump balls are insane. Great footowork. Underrated after the catch with good burst for a TE and isn't easy to bring own. I can see why guys like Matt Miller like the guy.

Sure, they feed him the passing game sometimes and create wide open looks... But he's good after the catch so why wouldn't you try to get him plays in wide open space at the collegiate level?
I'm not talking about manufactured numbers I'm talking about just not seeing enough playmaking or just not seeing enough of him creating his own opportunities. I haven't watched much of him but everything I saw was schemed wide open easy pitch and catch plays and I find it hard to make an evaluation on that. It's the OJ Howard effect, I liked Howard because he was still an athletic freak despite the manufactured touches.

Now fumagalli is a guy I've seen plenty of and I bump him up to a first round grade after his game vs Maryland, he made so many impressive catches in tight coverage using some body shielding and just plain ol vice grip hands, if gesicki is pitta then fumagalli is heap, and I'll take heap over pitta if we're making comparisons lol.

That said, just put the baby to bed and now I get to watch gesicki play live. Keeping an eye on him

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm not talking about manufactured numbers I'm talking about just not seeing enough playmaking or just not seeing enough of him creating his own opportunities. I haven't watched much of him but everything I saw was schemed wide open easy pitch and catch plays and I find it hard to make an evaluation on that. It's the OJ Howard effect, I liked Howard because he was still an athletic freak despite the manufactured touches.

Now fumagalli is a guy I've seen plenty of and I bump him up to a first round grade after his game vs Maryland, he made so many impressive catches in tight coverage using some body shielding and just plain ol vice grip hands, if gesicki is pitta then fumagalli is heap, and I'll take heap over pitta if we're making comparisons lol.

That said, just put the baby to bed and now I get to watch gesicki play live. Keeping an eye on him
Yes, but Gesicki is still very good after the catch and has the best hands in this class. I can't be worried about him because even his highlight tape suggests that he's got jump ball skills for days and indicates that he's a good TE after the catch(and yes, he's a similar athlete to Pitta. Above average speed for a TE, and good leaping ability. Combine that with vice grip hands and plus body control, and shittly blocking ability and you get Dennis Pitta). Look at the tape and you see a smooth route runner, possibly the best in the class, and Mark Andrew is no slouch in that department.

Every receving type prospect has a big degree of manufactured touches. ITS COLLEGE. That's how they play. It's not nearly as much of a worry for me if it works. In the case of Gesicki and Ridley, it works.

Watch Gesicki have a bad game now... I mean I am talking about him meaning that it's going to happen