• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 16 Discussion - Merry Christmas!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Gruden has that 10 year deal so he isn't going to be fired even though clearly the Raiders should fire him. The game has passed him by. We need Pittsburgh to win tomorrow so Buffalo has to play their starters in week 17. Ugh......

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Please Jets.... just find a way to stop Nick Chubb & Kareem Hunt please and you'll have a chance to win. We now need the helpless Jets to win too, so much for us that need to happen.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
THE RAIDERS GIVE UP THE BIG PLAY AFTER TAKING THE LEAD WITH 19 sec. LEFT IN THE GAME AND THEN LOSE THE DAMN GAME!

See! The Ravens can NEVER expect to get help from other teams! NEVER! :brickwall:

RAVENS BEAT THE GIANTS.......DAMN!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Please Jets.... just find a way to stop Nick Chubb & Kareem Hunt please and you'll have a chance to win. We now need the helpless Jets to win too, so much for us that need to happen.

We STILL need the Colts to lose as well. Either this week or next. Damn Raiders! :brickwall:

GO RAVENS!

Nurps

MVP
Is there a statistical reason other than fearing Fitzmagic that explains why you take the FG at the end instead of running it in for the TD?!? I get running time off the clock but fuck. We all saw what happened.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Brian Flores needs to stick with Tua.... pulling him for Fitzpatrick in tough situations isn't going to allow Tua to grow as a QB. Flores is going to hinder Tua's development if he keeps doing this.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Is there a statistical reason other than fearing Fitzmagic that explains why you take the FG at the end instead of running it in for the TD?!? I get running time off the clock but fuck. We all saw what happened.
I guess you don’t expect to both blow coverage and give them 15 yards on a facemask

I dont see how the blame should be on us when an 11-5 team misses the playoffs in a 7 team format. Thatd just be crazy
They should have scored on the last possession in the 2nd quarter during the second Pittsburgh game. They should have tackled in the fourth quarter of the Tennesee game and in the Pats game. That's how you can place blame on them.

I'm not convinced they'll win the last two games either but that's another story.

We can beat any of those teams but the Chiefs if Lamar plays his A game
Ravens have shown repeatedly that will not play to win against Pittsburgh this year. Teams who lose to rivals twice typically dont get to play them again, but when they do they usually lose.
They do not have the answer to Derrick Henry and I dont like the odds of winning in super cold Buffalo in January. Plus Buffalo is just good. With the injuries that Baltimore has I dont think they can cover those pass catchers.
Man, if Joe Flacco and the Jets could keep Baltimore on life support, it would be so poetic. Of course Flacco would need to actually play...

Is there a statistical reason other than fearing Fitzmagic that explains why you take the FG at the end instead of running it in for the TD?!? I get running time off the clock but ###. We all saw what happened.
Yeah I was all for running the clock down but I thought they'd go for the TD on 3rd down and kick on fourth if they had to.

I mean if they were going to go up by 3 it would make more sense but when a 50 or even 60 yrd kick would not tie, but win, Idk why they felt like a FG would assure victory.

Brian Flores needs to stick with Tua.... pulling him for Fitzpatrick in tough situations isn't going to allow Tua to grow as a QB. Flores is going to hinder Tua's development if he keeps doing this.
I get that, but to quote a Raider legend "Just win, baby."

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I've never like that b.s. Never! Win the damn football game at all costs. I get all of this strategy etc., but when the game is in your hands to win it.....WIN IT! They should of scored a TD on that drive cause psychologically and emotionally that puts pressure on the Dolphins and when pressure is there, there are greater opportunities for mistakes. Ala, the freakin Raiders tonight! Pathetic!

The reality is this though, had the Ravens taken care of their own business we wouldn't even be pissed over a Raiders loss or Dolphins win.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well Baltimore should have won more games if they wanted to make the postseason.

Besides I look at the playoff field and I dont think Baltimore could defeat KC Pitt Tenn Buff. They would just lose if they got in, I think.

people are belabouring this point unnecessarily - obviously the ravens should have beaten the pats and tennessee and probably the steelers once or even twice but it's not unreasonable to expect an 11-5 record to make the playoffs

and there's no harm in hoping for other teams to lose games - this over-rationalisation of well we didnt win 1 or 2 games we should have won over a month ago so we dont deserve it if we dont get it is needlessly simplistic

2 things can be true simultaneously - it's obviously the ravens fault that they're in this position, but it would be unfair and unexpected for them not to make the playoffs at 11-5