• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 16 Discussion - Merry Christmas!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is there a statistical reason other than fearing Fitzmagic that explains why you take the FG at the end instead of running it in for the TD?!? I get running time off the clock but fuck. We all saw what happened.

literally solely for the time but the thing that gets missed in that playing for time also reduced the amount of field the dolphins had to drive - in stead of going 75 yds in about a minute with no timeouts they had to go only about 35 yds in 20 seconds

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If it's not enough to make it, who do you blame? We should have won the first Pitt game, Tenn and NE.

obviously it's their fault for losing 3 games they probably should have won - but it's a statistical anomaly that an 11-5 team would miss out on the playoffs - partly the 7th seed was going to prevent stuff like this from happening too and somehow in its first year, it's highly possible an 11-5 team would miss out on the 7th seed (and not even for a stupid reason like a division winner with a losing record)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've never like that b.s. Never! Win the damn football game at all costs. I get all of this strategy etc., but when the game is in your hands to win it.....WIN IT! They should of scored a TD on that drive cause psychologically and emotionally that puts pressure on the Dolphins and when pressure is there, there are greater opportunities for mistakes. Ala, the freakin Raiders tonight! Pathetic!

The reality is this though, had the Ravens taken care of their own business we wouldn't even be pissed over a Raiders loss or Dolphins win.

the only reason a player should be turning down a TD is if it literally allows them to run ALL the time off the clock - not just an extra 40 seconds but all of the time... otherwise it's playing not to lose and that ironically leads to more losses

redrum52

Hall of Famer
source.gif

Have a weird feeling these Bengals are going to make us sweat out this next game.