• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The First Half, The Second Half and The Giants ..... and Madubuike's 1st sack!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guess is the punter said something about John and John didn’t like it and made a remark to Hill, who took out his vengeance for John like a good lion cub. Hill was clearly just looking out for John Harbaugh. Perhaps Harbaugh said he’d give whoever hit their punter an effort sticker. We know those have worked for years

Simba

Staff Member
Thought we played well and glad some other teams helped us out... one being the Jets.

Offense was pretty much in rhythm all game. Skura's snaps are concerning so hopefully Mekari is back or they go to TCC.

Defense did alright as well. Pass rush had their moments. Tackling was the biggest issue today, and then of course some penalties on the last Giants TD drive.

But still, nothing to scoff at today really. Took care of business and we need to do it again next week.

Felt we should have hung 40+ on them tbh. Lamar and the backs have been on fire lately and they need to keep the foot on the gas. Defense was good enough but I don't like them at all against any of the playoff offenses. JK showing why he should have been given all of Ingrams carries from the beginning of the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thought we played well and glad some other teams helped us out... one being the Jets.

Offense was pretty much in rhythm all game. Skura's snaps are concerning so hopefully Mekari is back or they go to TCC.

Defense did alright as well. Pass rush had their moments. Tackling was the biggest issue today, and then of course some penalties on the last Giants TD drive.

But still, nothing to scoff at today really. Took care of business and we need to do it again next week.

Harbs seemed to suggest Mekari's back isnt a long-term issue - it was tightening

the image of him on the sideline looked like he was in some pain though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Harbs seemed to suggest Mekari's back isnt a long-term issue - it was tightening

the image of him on the sideline looked like he was in some pain though
back cramps/spasms/strains can be minor and still be debilitating for a short time. if harbs openly comes out and says that, knowing his penchant for not giving news or timetables on injuries, then its encouraging

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
A lot of injury concerns today:
Mekari
Snead (1 snap after weird tackle on his catch, none in second half)
Ngakoue left after landing awkwardly in Q4, was reaching toward his left leg

Then all of Duvernay, Elliott, Humphrey, and Ricard left for a few plays and returned. Might be some others that I missed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A lot of injury concerns today:
Mekari
Snead (1 snap after weird tackle on his catch, none in second half)
Ngakoue left after landing awkwardly in Q4, was reaching toward his left leg

Then all of Duvernay, Elliott, Humphrey, and Ricard left for a few plays and returned. Might be some others that I missed.

Dobbins too

Marlon looked like he wasnt fully fit at the end

didnt notice Ngakoue missing

Mekari's massive for this team though especially with Skura still seemingly having snapping problems despite the few weeks of respite - that'll be a key injury to track

rossihunter2

Staff Member
judon and lamar fighting over the podium in the presser, the teams having fun again and i love it

obviously the outbreak did a number on some of the players but the perspective it seems to have given them has completely turned the vibe of this team around

they're enjoying just getting to play football because of how easily that ability was taken away from them

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
obviously the outbreak did a number on some of the players but the perspective it seems to have given them has completely turned the vibe of this team around

they're enjoying just getting to play football because of how easily that ability was taken away from them
thats what i was hoping when this whole thing started, hoped like hell we came out the other end still in the race and that everyone got their shit together on the field when it ended.

we had the adversity this year that we didnt face last year, no ravens team ever made noise in the postseason without a season full of adversity, with these guys enjoying the game again and playing like a team again, im feeling very hopeful, probably more than i should.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
thats what i was hoping when this whole thing started, hoped like hell we came out the other end still in the race and that everyone got their shit together on the field when it ended.

we had the adversity this year that we didnt face last year, no ravens team ever made noise in the postseason without a season full of adversity, with these guys enjoying the game again and playing like a team again, im feeling very hopeful, probably more than i should.

im honestly just happy we're in this position - november was a tough tough month for this team and it definitely felt like the season might seriously be on its way to completely disappointing - it was not fun to watch and it was not fun to think about ravens stuff

its fun and if we do win next week against the bengals itll be fun to just enjoy the playoffs and if we get a win that'll be even better

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Shout out to the announcers though. No nonsense, called it down the middle, these guys knew what they were talking about, and they weren't forcing to be funny or anything like that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Shout out to the announcers though. No nonsense, called it down the middle, these guys knew what they were talking about, and they weren't forcing to be funny or anything like that.
Seriously they were great, Harlan/Gannon vibes, good energy for the game too

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Nice team win overall. Obviously a few head scratcher plays in there, but the offense looks to be rolling. Hoping the defense can get healthy. Only thing that I feel strongly about is Matt Skura cannot be our starting center.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
outside of calling Mark Andrews, Mark Edwards a couple of times, they were pretty decent. Nice to have a change up now and then.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nice team win overall. Obviously a few head scratcher plays in there, but the offense looks to be rolling. Hoping the defense can get healthy. Only thing that I feel strongly about is Matt Skura cannot be our starting center.
yep, once he came in we couldn't run up the middle anymore.

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad

Kevin Kruger (who?) and former Seahawks QB Brock Huard (not to be confused with his older brother, Damon, who played for the Dolphins, Patriots, and Chiefs)