• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The First Half, The Second Half and The Giants ..... and Madubuike's 1st sack!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
outside of calling Mark Andrews, Mark Edwards a couple of times, they were pretty decent. Nice to have a change up now and then.

I was chatting with my friends during the game, who are Giants fans, and one of them said, "How can the announcers speak with all the Ravens dicks in their mouths?" lmao

I thought the announcing was fine, but I guess some others may not feel that way lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was chatting with my friends during the game, who are Giants fans, and one of them said, "How can the announcers speak with all the Ravens dicks in their mouths?" lmao

I thought the announcing was fine, but I guess some others may not feel that way lol

that's inevitable when a team dominates early - giants had only 7 minutes of possession in the first half and didnt force a punt once...
it's inevitable that they'd praise the ravens

what else would they expect - giants weren't playing with any major injuries or any sort of handicaps... hard to praise a team that literally couldnt do anything until the last drive of the first half

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting fact: Lamar is now 3rd on the Ravens all-time rushing list after rushing for 80 yesterday.

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
Seriously. I think his first snap was off target.

First snap (Q2, 12:51) was fine. There were definitely some more adventurous ones though...

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's inevitable when a team dominates early - giants had only 7 minutes of possession in the first half and didnt force a punt once...
it's inevitable that they'd praise the ravens

what else would they expect - giants weren't playing with any major injuries or any sort of handicaps... hard to praise a team that literally couldnt do anything until the last drive of the first half

I just thought it was funny considering how we're usually on here complaining about the announcer bias in most games lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just thought it was funny considering how we're usually on here complaining about the announcer bias in most games lol

idk that i always call out "bias" from announcers but there are a ton of announcers in the industry right now who are neither good at their job or interesting...

you have to be at least one of those and the best are both - but there are way too many who are neither

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
idk that i always call out "bias" from announcers but there are a ton of announcers in the industry right now who are neither good at their job or interesting...

you have to be at least one of those and the best are both - but there are way too many who are neither
unfortunately .....

Can Howard Cosell please come back.

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
and 1 notably just after the broadcast team had been speaking about him having the yips (i believe it was the play where andrews climbed the ladder for a decent chunk)

Nice, thanks for making it easy to find! (Q2, 07:04) - check out the sick play by Lamar

Was trying to make a gif of the whole play as well, but no go.
jZzkRl

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

When you see such a dominant force on display it’s hard not to talk about it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Finally getting to the coaches film (have had a fever all week) - Matt Judon had another great game - Ngakoue also did well but Judon I think stood out to me so far
Judon was an animal! The recognition, execution, hustle and effort on that screen he blew up was a thing of absolute beauty, that play was flashier than any sack.

Humphrey has still been great, but he seems to have taken a slight step back, and Judon is creeping up on him as the current best player on the defense at this rate, he’s been a game wrecker since coming back from Covid, Ive completely changed my tune on him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Judon was an animal! The recognition, execution, hustle and effort on that screen he blew up was a thing of absolute beauty, that play was flashier than any sack.

Humphrey has still been great, but he seems to have taken a slight step back, and Judon is creeping up on him as the current best player on the defense at this rate, he’s been a game wrecker since coming back from Covid, Ive completely changed my tune on him

Humphrey's still been awesome - just think he's been hobbled at various points - but he still does things that not many other players in the league can do

that screen he bust up was awesome - 3 blockers around him and not only did he beat them he made the tackle as well with basically 1 arm

but yeah you're right - im not sure there's many, if any, ravens defenders playing better than he is right now

the combination of Judon, Ngakoue, Bowser and McPhee is absolutely destroying offensive lines at the moment - partly by just winning but also because of the way Wink has been using them all - on one of Chris Board's sacks, the Ravens got 2 completely free rushers (Board and Tramon Williams on the slot blitz) because they dropped both Judon and Bowser into coverage from the same side of the LoS - and they both locked up their guys - Daniel Jones is looking for Engram on that play and Judon just completely takes him away despite dropping from the opposite side of the LoS

I love those kinds of designs - but they only work because we have both Judon and Bowser

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I don't think Judon is anywhere near as close to Hump is as a player. I also believe Humphrey hasn't been healthy lately.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think Judon is anywhere near as close to Hump is as a player. I also believe Humphrey hasn't been healthy lately.
i know thats why i said "current", because currently humphrey is still a great player but as far as being the most impactful right now while humphrey is hobbled, judon might be that guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

something Orlando says to Tyre about 9 tackles getting taken ahead of him really stood out to me

because it made me go back to that class and actually look at which tackles were taken ahead of him - and he's the clearly emerged as the best of them

and he's now a 2 time pro-bowler too - last year as an alternate but this year was undoubtably deserved

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

something Orlando says to Tyre about 9 tackles getting taken ahead of him really stood out to me

because it made me go back to that class and actually look at which tackles were taken ahead of him - and he's the clearly emerged as the best of them

and he's now a 2 time pro-bowler too - last year as an alternate but this year was undoubtably deserved

He's definitely priced himself out of our range.

Nurps

MVP
Yeah. I mean, he's pretty much shown he can be a starting and capable LT and thats gonna raise his price significantly

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Orlando also had, by multiple accounts, like one of the worst combine performances in draft history.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...on-the-worst-combine-ever-cautions-evaluators
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-haunted-bad-nfl-scouting-combine/4854629002/

Like I had forgotten how bad it was. Second worst bench press (14 reps) by an offensive tackle since 2000. Second worst 40 time by an offensive tackle since 2000.

Obviously, insert eye-roll here about measuring Offensive Tackles by 40 yard dash time, but I will say, a bench press isn't the absolute worst way to evaluate some performance from an offensive tackle.

But obviously, a huge whiff by those who wrote him off.