• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 404 Yards, The Lamar and The PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Absolutely thrilled to be in the playoffs and I completely agree that's awesome to make it as lower than the 7th seed. I will not complain, but I really wanted to face Pitt in the playoffs. While possible, it doesn't seem likely. Also I will not look past Tenn, but if we did win, I think it's most likely we would have to go to KC. Indy or Cleveland would have to pull the upset. I would guess Indy has no chance against Buffalo and based on today's game, it's not looking great for the browns I'd say.

Man would it be a fair tale dream to vanquish Tenn, then KC, and then Pitt in the AFC championship game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
have you forgotten about Mekari?

I hope we're adding an IOL at some point in the draft anyway
i feel like im starting to get past the iOL in round 1 obsession ive had, i have faith in both mekari and TCC for at least a year, and im loving our G tandem, my biggest OL concern is our starting RT beyond 2021, rashawn slater in R1 and jackson carman in R2 are 2 guys that really stand out to me as picks that wouldnt be immediately satisfying, but could be the long term best play, theyre both good fits, guys that could play G or RT, both very athletic and can move and make 2nd level blocks and lead blocks, both are long and strong. really big on these guys right now, also alex leatherwood is a clear swing T

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's so hard to beat a team twice in a season, let alone twice in a week. But I just think so little of the PIT offence, that I'm picking CLE to win that game
The Steelers let them in by not playing Ben and others, so I would love to see the Browns beat them next weekend .

Tyler

Practice Squad
I may be completely wasted on purple Kool aid... but I think this team SMOKES Tennessee. Their defense is a shell of what it was last year, let alone when the Ravens played them earlier in the year. I think Dobbins gives the much needed big play Juice in the backfield, and the boys will be DAMNED if they get embarrassed by Ryan Tannehill and those logo-stomping Titans a 3rd time. Just have to hope they can FINALLY contain 22.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And I really like Skura, but TCC is such a better fit now that he's had some time to work in the weight room. Such a nasty streak and fits right in with the other guys there.

has similar lateral mobility issues that skura had - but he was a guy that EDC clearly loved as a udfa - literally the day they signed him (after the draft finished), there's a video of him and Harbs chatting and EDC literally mentions how they got a C they really liked as a free agent - was clearly talking about TCC

but we've also got 3 years of control on TCC vs 0 years control on Skura and the fact that right now they're that close in terms of play makes this a no-brainer

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

4th best rushing attack ever. Obviously today helped a lot - it's still an incredible achivement considering how ineffective our play calling was at times. It never felt like our rushing offense was that good or that close to last year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

4th best rushing attack ever. Obviously today helped a lot - it's still an incredible achivement considering how ineffective our play calling was at times. It never felt like our rushing offense was that good or that close to last year.

idk last 5 weeks or so it's felt like it was pretty damn close to last year

and id say the biggest barrier to this earlier in the year was twofold:
1) OL poor execution and low level of play
2) adjusting to how defences were playing the mesh point and gap exchanging - a big part of that has been the counter bash/inverted veer stuff with dobbins which im not sure defences have actually managed to stop yet

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

What's amazing is that our running game was continuing to hum with the absence of Stanley and Boyle.

Simba

Staff Member

I wonder how different things would have been if they realized that Ingram being the primary ball carrier for the first 4-5 weeks of the season was one of the primary issues. Seems like they abandoned the run every time he struggled, thinking it was the OL and not him.

Edit to add: the OL certainly did struggle but they seemed content with abandoning that part of the offense instead of using Gus and Dobbins at the time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wonder how different things would have been if they realized that Ingram being the primary ball carrier for the first 4-5 weeks of the season was one of the primary issues. Seems like they abandoned the run every time he struggled, thinking it was the OL and not him.

Edit to add: the OL certainly did struggle but they seemed content with abandoning that part of the offense instead of using Gus and Dobbins at the time.

oh for sure - but it does have to be said that Orlando looked maybe like his conditioning wasnt perfect early on this season, Tyre Phillips showed some promise but was also getting beaten like a drum, and skura looked nothing like his 2019 self (and never really got back to that form)

it feels weird saying the OL has got better despite losing Stanley but it seems pretty clear to me that all 3 interior spots have played better since his departure (2 of them because of changes at starter)

Orlando has done well at LT so that the loss of Ronnie hasn't been felt which means that the only position on the line that's got notably worse since Ronnie's departure is RT (but we've been game-planning well for that position since Ronnie went down)

Simba

Staff Member
oh for sure - but it does have to be said that Orlando looked maybe like his conditioning wasnt perfect early on this season, Tyre Phillips showed some promise but was also getting beaten like a drum, and skura looked nothing like his 2019 self (and never really got back to that form)

it feels weird saying the OL has got better despite losing Stanley but it seems pretty clear to me that all 3 interior spots have played better since his departure (2 of them because of changes at starter)

Orlando has done well at LT so that the loss of Ronnie hasn't been felt which means that the only position on the line that's got notably worse since Ronnie's departure is RT (but we've been game-planning well for that position since Ronnie went down)

Yeah wanted to add a little disclaimer in there. Not sure Gus or Dobbins would have been THAT much better but it's at least clear that they're better options than Ingram this year. Just wonder if we still could have been somewhat of a rushing force early in the season if we had figured out that Ingram was part of the problem himself, and not just the OL. I mean, Gus was getting an average of 6 carries per game and Dobbins 3 carries per game in the first 5 weeks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah wanted to add a little disclaimer in there. Not sure Gus or Dobbins would have been THAT much better but it's at least clear that they're better options than Ingram this year. Just wonder if we still could have been somewhat of a rushing force early in the season if we had figured out that Ingram was part of the problem himself, and not just the OL. I mean, Gus was getting an average of 6 carries per game and Dobbins 3 carries per game in the first 5 weeks.

100% - although worth saying that despite ingram and that OL we were still a top 2-3 statistical rushing team throughout our "down" period

Simba

Staff Member
Boyle has been considered the critical centerpiece to our successful run game so this is quite an accomplishment .

Eric Tomlinson has been a really competent replacement for Boyle. Not quite Boyle levels but he's doing a really good job for us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i am almost 100% sure that TCC played every single center snap

announcers kept calling him skura though so that might be where the confusion comes from
pretty sure he did. Not sure how the announcers thought it was Skura.