• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Titans (Wildcard Round)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What gnaws at me is my own belief that The Titans will come out loose and my uncertainty about The Ravens in that regard.

like i know these things:

1) the ravens have the better offence
2) the ravens have the better defence
3) the ravens have the better special teams

yet i feel confident that the ravens are gonna end up in their own heads about it again and find a way to beat themselves

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) positive yards on first down
2) get the ball to backs quickly out of the backfield.
3) Identity man responsibility on RB and set WR screen to that side.
4) disrupt outside zone by blowing up center. Nose and nose shades (Campbell/Williams) have to dominate with quick hands and drive.
5) look for Snead and Miles ...potential for a big day from one of these two (Willie up the seam)
6) key RT as a weak link ( mix Yannick off that side)
7 dbs have great day tackling
8) very selective blitzes. 4 man pressure
9) mix and disguise 2 deep safety look
10) physical all game no matter what
11) Dobbins!

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
like i know these things:

1) the ravens have the better offence
2) the ravens have the better defence
3) the ravens have the better special teams

yet i feel confident that the ravens are gonna end up in their own heads about it again and find a way to beat themselves
Should have won last time. Lamar in a groove early is paramount

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah that's the thing that worries me though lol - we put 500 yards on them last time but only scored 12 points

Garbage time yardage is much different than competitive time yardage. They gave up all those yards because they let up a bit, but they didn't let up enough to where the garbage yards turned into points

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
ive been there for a while now - i know intellectually that we should beat this titans team

yet in my very core i have zero confidence that we can - it just feels like this is a hurdle we cant overcome

the hardest part is the waiting lol
I always get nervous when I'm not in control of the outcome.
I’ve officially reached the point of nervous and downright scared

I really don’t wanna come to grips with the reality that Lamar Jackson’s Ravens likely will never win a super bowl, and I’d be feeling that pretty strongly if we don’t win tomorrow
When we lost the AFCCG in 2012, I thought we'll never win it again. Then the same year my favorite soccer team lost the Champions league final (more or less equivalent to the SB). And i thought i'll never recover from it again. But then 2013 happens and both win it all.
Never say never.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fluker MAY not be able to go today with the activation of Prince from the practice squad. Just a rumor I saw elsewhere, but worth paying attention to

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ve officially reached the point of nervous and downright scared

I really don’t wanna come to grips with the reality that Lamar Jackson’s Ravens likely will never win a super bowl, and I’d be feeling that pretty strongly if we don’t win tomorrow
I actually disagree. Even if we don't win today, I would still have confidence in our abilities to win a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually disagree. Even if we don't win today, I would still have confidence in our abilities to win a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson.

I agree, however some kind of shake up would be required here. We can't keep doing the same exact thing expecting different results. That's the definition of insanity

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jerome Boger and his crew will be the zebra's today for the game

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm mentally preparing myself to say:

"Fuck the coaching staff for giving up on the run too early."

"Defense couldn't execute for shit. Horrible tackling."

"Can't even convert on 3rd/4th and short."

"ONCE AGAIN, Byard [or insert Titans DB] with a fortunate INT."

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm mentally preparing myself to say:

"Fuck the coaching staff for giving up on the run too early."

"Defense couldn't execute for shit. Horrible tackling."

"Can't even convert on 3rd/4th and short."

"ONCE AGAIN, Byard [or insert Titans DB] with a fortunate INT."

Me too... but I'm glad that I found this place so I can watch this along with you all!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
37-27 ravens

nervous as fuck but I’m having faith in my boys today, they’ve been red hot, and I mean absolutely on fire, seems they’ve found a groove, and there was no downtime to knock em off of it, all common sense points to the ravens rolling this one, but it’s just not that damn easy.

I worry about our defense stopping their well rounded attack, I don’t think we stop it, maybe a couple of key stops is the difference.

my biggest concern with the offense is their coaching vs ours, the titans defense is bad in traditional terms, but you aren’t defending the ravens traditionally, they seem to do fairly well at the things you need to do to stop this particular offense, kinda like how the ravens did fairly well at stopping romans attack when he was in SF. Some coaches just know how to do it

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Me too... but I'm glad that I found this place so I can watch this along with you all!
Yes. Welcome to the forum! As we get closer to the draft, be on the look out for @JoeyFlex5 . This is where he is at his most entertaining phase. What do I mean by this? We have a compilation thread of his draft day reactions by Mr. Joeyflex himself.

On page 6 are his 2019 draft day reactions (credit to @SepticeyePoe ): https://purpleflock.com/threads/906/page-6

On page 8 are his 2020 draft day reactions: https://purpleflock.com/threads/906/page-8

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yes. Welcome to the forum! As we get closer to the draft, be on the look out for @JoeyFlex5 . This is where he is at his most entertaining phase. What do I mean by this? We have a compilation thread of his draft day reactions by Mr. Joeyflex himself.

On page 6 are his 2019 draft day reactions (credit to @SepticeyePoe ): https://purpleflock.com/threads/906/page-6

On page 8 are his 2020 draft day reactions: https://purpleflock.com/threads/906/page-8

Why you always airing my shit out bruh stfu