• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Biggest disappointment this season?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I just read that ravens should trade carr! Thats not a bad idea. We could probably get 4th round pick grom KC lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco and the offense. That has been the biggest let down

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Griffen has given every NFL LT fits, it's not a shame to give up two sacks (one of which being more on the QB's fault apparently) to an elite edge rusher like him.

Dude you know full well it was more than 2 sacks. Don't attempt to pad this. Stanley was manhandled and treading water all game. He was part of the problem for Flacco having no time. He wasn't even competitive. He handled the speed for most part but was bullied. Not what you wanna see from your franchise LT. it isn't as if he was caught off guard by vet moves and a big jump. He was physically beat and dominated. He has great technique and very good athleticism. But Stanley needs to get stronger. He will have more matchups this year. Let's see how he handles it.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Well these days the true anchor of a line in the center, pass rushers switch sides for better matchups so the blindside tackle isnt as important as it used to be. Also you put a lot of stock into pictures, some angles can be misleading and the bodytype argument isnt a great one either, Willie Anderson was a great tackle.

Urban has been injured since he fell out of the womb.

Not saying he needs to look like a bodybuilder dude. But there are strength and size requirements to be a dominant left tackle. And an anchor is any position the lineman is very dominant and sets the lines tone

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As a defensive minded person, the defense has failed me! While I didn't buy into the hype of them being as good as the 2000 defense (C'mon! No one could have believed that one now could they?), I was ecstatic when I saw their performance in the 1st two games of the season. ONLY, to have the wheels come off so quickly!

No team is going to be as good as the 2000 defense, especially since teams pass so much more. It’s just not going to happen. Now did I think they would have a top 5 defense this season. No question and I was wrong, but I never said they would be as good as the Ravens 2000 defense. Although some did.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
No team is going to be as good as the 2000 defense, especially since teams pass so much more. It’s just not going to happen. Now did I think they would have a top 5 defense this season. No question and I was wrong, but I never said they would be as good as the Ravens 2000 defense. Although some did.

You're so right! The game has completely changed since 2000. I get so sick of those types of comparisons. :puke:

Just let these "new" Ravens teams develop and come into their own WITHOUT trying to always compare them with that HISTORIC and ICONIC 2000 defense that we once had in Baltimore. The media and these writers need to just let it go! :brickwall:

Not saying he needs to look like a bodybuilder dude. But there are strength and size requirements to be a dominant left tackle. And an anchor is any position the lineman is very dominant and sets the lines tone

Thats fair, I dont think Stanleys problem is his play strength though he seems to have a good anchor which will improve as he gets older. Stanleys problem is with speed, but maybe that will improve