• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Would You Do if You Were Ozzie?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
you're legit reading the stats wrong - he missed the entire 2013 season
and has been niggled up a lot in a load of those games
Ah yes, he tore his ACL that year didn’t he? Forgot about that one. That doesn’t mean I’m “reading the stats wrong” But that’s an ACL tear. Everyone who does that is injury prone?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
of course not - but while he's started lots of games he hasnt actually played a huge amount in a lot of them due to persistent issues relating back to that ACL
I mean he had 2 back to back 1,000 yard seasons after that ACL tear so

Peeto

Practice Squad
If I was Ozzie I would make press conferences start on FREAKING time...shows a lack of discipline and much disrespect ...I will bet you Harbaugh demands players be on time or risk the doghouse...

Before these past two seasons he’s played in 15, 16, 13, 15, 16, and 15 games.
If that’s being “injury prone” then half of the NFL is “injury prone”. No one is ever 100% healthy as the season goes on. That doesn’t mean they were injury prone. If Jeremy Maclin was injury prone, then hey guys I guess so are guys like Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, and Antonio Brown.

Now he might be, as his body is wearing down, but before the last two seasons, no.

This season was proof, dude not only missed games but he was banged up enough that when he was "healthy" he was missing practices and couldnt build any chemistry with Flacco. Hes a bust FA aquisition.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This season was proof, dude not only missed games but he was banged up enough that when he was "healthy" he was missing practices and couldnt build any chemistry with Flacco. Hes a bust FA aquisition.

Would be nice for Flacco to build chemistry with accuracy.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yes he was a bust but pretending that we could have predicted a player who had relatively healthy and played well throughout his career would suddenly do neither is just silly.

If you hit on 12 sometimes you bust. That doesn't mean you were wrong it just means it didn't work out.

Yes he was a bust but pretending that we could have predicted a player who had relatively healthy and played well throughout his career would suddenly do neither is just silly.

If you hit on 12 sometimes you bust. That doesn't mean you were wrong it just means it didn't work out.

I didnt want him here for that very reason, the guy rarely plays a full season and on the physical decline, the Eagles saw that. Now I dont necessarily blame our front office for rolling the dice especially considering that we needed talent but in the end we came up snake eyes.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This season was proof? This season is irrelevant to what I’m saying. It’s called reading comprehension. BEFORE this season, Maclin had one bad year with injuries, which was last year. Before that he had one season with an ACL tear, but other than that he maintained relatively healthy. He was not injury prone.

Over the course of the last two seasons his body has worn down dramatically. That doesn’t mean he’s been injury prone for his entire career lol.

This just simply isn’t true. Jeremy Maclin was not universally known as injury prone.

He was hurt a lot last year with the Chiefs. But that’s it. He’s been very reliable in his career. You’ve gotta do some research and not just go off what people say on this board.
It's relatively known that Jeremy Maclin is a guy who entered and exited the field a lot during his time in KC. Not to mention that even in College he had injuries issues from a knee injury and needed a medical check prior to the draft. He also missed a whole year in 2013 I believe and has only played a full 16 game seasons twice, and while he's played 15 game seasons, he's known as a guy who plays through tough injuries and while I'll commend him for that, I don't think it means that he plays 100% effective and clearly when he was on the field this year, he did not look 100%.

This season was proof? This season is irrelevant to what I’m saying. It’s called reading comprehension. BEFORE this season, Maclin had one bad year with injuries, which was last year. Before that he had one season with an ACL tear, but other than that he maintained relatively healthy. He was not injury prone.

Over the course of the last two seasons his body has worn down dramatically. That doesn’t mean he’s been injury prone for his entire career lol.

Youre splitting hairs, bottom line is hes missed games throughout his career he was beat up and the Eagles saw the writings on the wall. It was a mistake to bring him here, we rolled the dice and lost, period.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
If I were Ozzie? To hell with every single scout. All I want to know is can they play strong safety and did their best friends show up to their birthday party. Boom I’m a hall of fame gm

Tank

Hall of Famer
If he wasn’t gone before, Maclin’s “performance” at the end of the second Steelers game was the punch in his ticket to leave Baltimore. Laying on the field playing dead forcing the use of the last timeout when he was not hurt in the least was inexplicably ignorant. Then running his route out of bounds on what could have proven to be the catch to put Tucker in a position to win the game was the final straw. He’s not only made of glass, he also proven to be an idiot. Cutting him and gaining $5 mil. in cap is a no brainer.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Way on board Tank's insight that Maclin is a dummy. Certain things you can't coach...Dummy is one of them.
An NFL team's front office has to carefully consider the "dummy factor". It's a key variable in competent player evaluation, not so much with the modern Raven Brass however. Dummy's may not be coachable, but neither are they generally trouble makers. Harball was designed for Dummies.

Youre splitting hairs, bottom line is hes missed games throughout his career he was beat up and the Eagles saw the writings on the wall. It was a mistake to bring him here, we rolled the dice and lost, period.

If I were Ozzie? To hell with every single scout. All I want to know is can they play strong safety and did their best friends show up to their birthday party. Boom I’m a hall of fame gm

For the past 10 years Ozze is making it a lot harder than it is.

If he wasn’t gone before, Maclin’s “performance” at the end of the second Steelers game was the punch in his ticket to leave Baltimore. Laying on the field playing dead forcing the use of the last timeout when he was not hurt in the least was inexplicably ignorant. Then running his route out of bounds on what could have proven to be the catch to put Tucker in a position to win the game was the final straw. He’s not only made of glass, he also proven to be an idiot. Cutting him and gaining $5 mil. in cap is a no brainer.

To help the Ravens ozze needs to send maclin packing and then leave himself. That's two for one.

Tank

Hall of Famer
IDK......in hindsight it’s easy to say it was a mistake to bring in Maclin, but at the time he was pretty much the only option left in FA. I think they had to give him a shot.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I agree, I was not impressed at all with a Maclin, so I hope we make the cap room.