• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar's 1st Playoff Win, The Narratives and The Guts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ErfKXnvXcAELGkA

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the 3rd clip too is ridiculous - the mix of speed, power and hands is unreal - i really think he's got a chance to be pretty special
Yeah I’m already factoring him into the ravens future, just as I had hoped for him. I’m looking at potential nose and 5techs in the draft to pair with him lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So have finally got around to the coaches film - and legitimately you could single out every single one of the ravens front 7 sunday as having an impressive game

feels unfair to single anyone out - mcphee stole the show but only played 20 snaps - he had 10 snaps against the run and 5 of those were stops which is ridiculous lol

but madubuike was dominant, the Monstars were absolutely wrecking shop, Judon was winning everywhere, Tyus was impressive, jihad ward was manhandling some of the guys across from him, ngakoue nearly got the strip sack, malik harrison was destroying guys coming downhill, queen was seemingly everywhere and seemed to be right on henry the whole time

the only guys i havent singled out from that front 7 are LJ Fort who had at least 1 nice play on a redzone 3rd down stop, Chris Board who only played 8 snaps and Jelly Ellis who was part of the front that stopped henry (just didnt notice him standing out at all)

absolutely ridiculous performance - Derrick Henry didn't get a single 1st down the whole game - not even 1 - his longest play was an 8 yard gain, his 2nd longest was about 5-6 yards and malik harrison absolutely cut him in half at the end of that play

at one point later in the game henry seemed to look in front of him, see there was nowhere to go and basically just fall over - he wanted absolutely none of the ravens front by the end of the game - i genuinely think they ground the will to front up out of him and try to break tackles - he just didnt want it anymore because they were punishing him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So have finally got around to the coaches film - and legitimately you could single out every single one of the ravens front 7 sunday as having an impressive game

feels unfair to single anyone out - mcphee stole the show but only played 20 snaps - he had 10 snaps against the run and 5 of those were stops which is ridiculous lol

but madubuike was dominant, the Monstars were absolutely wrecking shop, Judon was winning everywhere, Tyus was impressive, jihad ward was manhandling some of the guys across from him, ngakoue nearly got the strip sack, malik harrison was destroying guys coming downhill, queen was seemingly everywhere and seemed to be right on henry the whole time

the only guys i havent singled out from that front 7 are LJ Fort who had at least 1 nice play on a redzone 3rd down stop, Chris Board who only played 8 snaps and Jelly Ellis who was part of the front that stopped henry (just didnt notice him standing out at all)

absolutely ridiculous performance - Derrick Henry didn't get a single 1st down the whole game - not even 1 - his longest play was an 8 yard gain, his 2nd longest was about 5-6 yards and malik harrison absolutely cut him in half at the end of that play

at one point later in the game henry seemed to look in front of him, see there was nowhere to go and basically just fall over - he wanted absolutely none of the ravens front by the end of the game - i genuinely think they ground the will to front up out of him and try to break tackles - he just didnt want it anymore because they were punishing him
If we get this performance out of our front seven for the rest of the playoffs, look out. Looking forward to see how these guys jump from a run centric defense to pass rushing in a week. Hopefully they didn’t spend all their energy on it, something tells me that won’t be the case

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we get this performance out of our front seven for the rest of the playoffs, look out. Looking forward to see how these guys jump from a run centric defense to pass rushing in a week. Hopefully they didn’t spend all their energy on it, something tells me that won’t be the case

idk if it'll translate to a more pass-centric offence this week but the attitude they had to just dominate the guy opposite them was magnficent

wink said to the ESPN crew in their conversations last week that he had no doubt that our guys would be able to win their matchups at the line of scrimmage

and that very much came true

i think we get to see a very different looking defence this week - we spent a ton of time in the titans game in base personnel - we've played basically no dime during this winning streak because we haven't had the personnel for it - the bills play more 10 and 11 personnel than any team in the league so i fully expect us to be in dime a ton and potentially with all 4 of our top corners on the field at once at various points

and it's just in time - this is the matchup we need them all back for

but it also means that none of the dime is on any of our recent tape - iirc traditionally teams dont go back a ton of games when looking at film of a team so I wonder if there's a chance (at least early in the game) that our dime package might be able to create some issues

the key group is gonna be that edge axis of Bowser, Judon, Ngakoue and McPhee - how do we use those guys to create pressures and mismatches - ngakoue's gonna obviously be left to just fire off the edge but bowser and judon can help create free shots with the way we drop them - the derek wolfe sack was made by pernell mcphee taking out 2 blockers by crashing down inside for wolfe to loop behind, but it was also made by tyus bowser dropping from right next to mcphee right into the 1st read and taking that away from tannehill

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

So mchpee really only had 20snaps? It looked like he played every down the way he was on henry

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
idk if it'll translate to a more pass-centric offence this week but the attitude they had to just dominate the guy opposite them was magnficent

wink said to the ESPN crew in their conversations last week that he had no doubt that our guys would be able to win their matchups at the line of scrimmage

i think we get to see a very different looking defence this week - we spent a ton of time in the titans game in base personnel - we've played basically no dime during this winning streak because we haven't had the personnel for it - the bills play more 10 and 11 personnel than any team in the league so i fully expect us to be in dime a ton and potentially with all 4 of our top corners on the field at once at various points

but it also means that none of the dime is on any of our recent tape - iirc traditionally teams dont go back a ton of games when looking at film of a team so I wonder if there's a chance (at least early in the game) that our dime package might be able to create some issues

the key group is gonna be that edge axis of Bowser, Judon, Ngakoue and McPhee - how do we use those guys to create pressures and mismatches - ngakoue's gonna obviously be left to just fire off the edge but bowser and judon can help create free shots with the way we drop them - the derek wolfe sack was made by pernell mcphee taking out 2 blockers by crashing down inside for wolfe to loop behind, but it was also made by tyus bowser dropping from right next to mcphee right into the 1st read and taking that away from tannehill
This is exactly why i loved our chances vs titans and like them these playoffs.. no one really seen our defense even close to healthy or with yannick and those guys all
Together.yea it may not be the best but there isnt much tape on it.all those people that were picking henry to go over 118 was just so crazy to me.. he got like 40 of them in OT and we held him in check without our best 2 guys so why on earth would you expect him to get 120 with so much confidence. why i love this board, we all watch and observe while giving our own input.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Tbh I don’t wanna go nuts with the edge rush, we’re forgetting maybe that josh allen is an elite runner as a qb, I want no parts of him breaking off 20+ yard scrambles because we’re screaming off the edges for pressure.

much more appealing to me is interior rush and stunts. I’d like to see lots of stunting from McPhee, with robbers all over, lots of shallow seam and flats drops with eyes on allen, if we’re using guys like bowser and Elliott and queen and Clark to mix up zones and having guys scrape outside to eliminate running lanes, Campbell and madubuike need to create interior pressure and you amplify it by stunting McPhee inside frequently, flush allen and get him into those contain lanes so the likes of Judon and ngakoue can finish, double whammy is we’re also eliminating throwing lanes with these half ass robber concepts.

Allen’s mobility is definitely an X factor that we are dangerously quiet on lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is exactly why i loved our chances vs titans and like them these playoffs.. no one really seen our defense even close to healthy or with yannick and those guys all
Together.yea it may not be the best but there isnt much tape on it.all those people that were picking henry to go over 118 was just so crazy to me.. he got like 40 of them in OT and we held him in check without our best 2 guys so why on earth would you expect him to get 120 with so much confidence. why i love this board, we all watch and observe while giving our own input.
Forreal, I try talking football anywhere else and I just end up flaming everyone because it really seems like dudes aren’t watching the games lol

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tbh I don’t wanna go nuts with the edge rush, we’re forgetting maybe that josh allen is an elite runner as a qb, I want no parts of him breaking off 20+ yard scrambles because we’re screaming off the edges for pressure.

much more appealing to me is interior rush and stunts. I’d like to see lots of stunting from McPhee, with robbers all over, lots of shallow seam and flats drops with eyes on allen, if we’re using guys like bowser and Elliott and queen and Clark to mix up zones and having guys scrape outside to eliminate running lanes, Campbell and madubuike need to create interior pressure and you amplify it by stunting McPhee inside frequently, flush allen and get him into those contain lanes so the likes of Judon and ngakoue can finish, double whammy is we’re also eliminating throwing lanes with these half ass robber concepts.

Allen’s mobility is definitely an X factor that we are dangerously quiet on lol
Allen is also deadly when throwing on the run.
As I pointed out in a previous thread when I addressed how I'd stop the Chiefs. You have to stop the pass first. Let them run as much as they want to. Minimizing explosive pass plays is the best way to stop the Bills and Chiefs imho