• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar's 1st Playoff Win, The Narratives and The Guts

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Forreal, I try talking football anywhere else and I just end up flaming everyone because it really seems like dudes aren’t watching the games lol
I have nobody i can talk to - maybe FF but that's it. They just don't care or watch different gsmes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What could he have possibly been doing in practice these last 2 years to be so low on the depth chart? I remember some of us thinking he wouldn't make the team.

i know - especially given he seemed to do fairly well in his rotational game week 17 in 2019 too - the fact that he was not even in the conversation for the start at RG and then when Phillips went down it was Mekari not Powers who came in

he has easily done enough in my view to clearly be considered the incumbent starter when we get to training camp in 2021 - tyre phillips et al are going to have to prove that they're much better in camp to remove powers from that spot imo

Stanley Bozeman Mekari Powers Brown is a pretty nice OL with the way that interior 3 are playing right now

if there's a quality IOL we can add high in the draft to add some competition that'd be great but I'm seeing it less and less as a high profile need

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i know - especially given he seemed to do fairly well in his rotational game week 17 in 2019 too - the fact that he was not even in the conversation for the start at RG and then when Phillips went down it was Mekari not Powers who came in

he has easily done enough in my view to clearly be considered the incumbent starter when we get to training camp in 2021 - tyre phillips et al are going to have to prove that they're much better in camp to remove powers from that spot imo

I'm totally with you. The Mekari to center, Powers to right guard switch has been absolute godsend for us. I could be wrong, but I think an in game injury forced that to happen. Like this came out of necessity, but turned out to be really great for us. Obviously we should try and improve, but I'm so excited to see a line of Stanley, Bozeman, Mekari, Powers, and OBJ.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s funny because Yanda said he sucked at one point then became a monster after it. Sometimes you gotta suck to elevate your game. Failure teaches a lot more than success. Not saying Powers is Yanda, but we will see if he can be even half of that. It would be nice to solve that position without going back to the draft.

Simba

Staff Member
Imagine the OL with Stanley instead of Fluker/Phillips. The interior has solidified. RT is the biggest weakness right now

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Yep, I'm hoping they have a bit of a wait and see attitude on early OL picks. The bit of juggling they had to do as a result of injuries gave them some much needed info and actually has allowed a pretty good group to gel and become very good. If there's a TE with hands available and is an average-plus blocker, that's my pick, double whammy in helping the OL and a offensive weapon. Those utilitarian TE guys are money. If that's not there, it's S, LB, CB, but I could see any of those being the more desirable pick for us too. Depends on what's available, but I think those are pretty high on our list.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Imagine the OL with Stanley instead of Fluker/Phillips. The interior has solidified. RT is the biggest weakness right now
I’ve been getting really on board with drafting a run sturdy OT early, a guy who can compete year 1 for RG, and if anyone goes down at OT hopefully there’s a starting caliber guy ready to go, and if god forbid Big O left, there’s a replacement.

rashawn slater has been a lowkey favorite of mine, but I doubt he’ll fall.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’ve been getting really on board with drafting a run sturdy OT early, a guy who can compete year 1 for RG, and if anyone goes down at OT hopefully there’s a starting caliber guy ready to go, and if god forbid Big O left, there’s a replacement.

rashawn slater has been a lowkey favorite of mine, but I doubt he’ll fall.

i really liked the 2020 OT class but obviously we weren't really in the market at that point - not sure what the depth is going to be like in this OT class