• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar's 1st Playoff Win, The Narratives and The Guts

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar made the Titan blowhard players eat their words . Loved every minute of it .

That aside , Roman’s play calling was really poor at times . What was up with that backwards throw to Hollywood near the goal line . Crazy .

we got a decent gain out of a similar play earlier in the game
and the clear adjustment that we made at half-time was to get the ball out on the perimeter quickly through various means (and it worked) - but yeah those overhand backwards passes are risky

but those quick to the flats, quick outs etc. were a great adjustment and the titans had no answer for them - some slightly different execution on a few plays and this game wouldnt have been close

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I reallyyyyyyy wish I had a Facebook at this moment so I could reply to every casual saying the logo stomping was disrespectful when they didn’t see what the Titans did to the shield. Can anyone on here with a FB go to NFL Memes and post a picture under every booty hurt comment? Bunch of straight up idiots man

Hey, I've got your six. Already on it

rossihunter2

Staff Member

like this too - because i really dont think lamar had a bad game - he got beat once early by AJ Brown by a perfect pass on a fade and then got beat on the OPI push off for the TD

everything else is the kind of stuff you'd expect for a CB who gets targeted as much as he does

but i like that he's owning that despite the win

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
we got a decent gain out of a similar play earlier in the game
and the clear adjustment that we made at half-time was to get the ball out on the perimeter quickly through various means (and it worked) - but yeah those overhand backwards passes are risky

but those quick to the flats, quick outs etc. were a great adjustment and the titans had no answer for them - some slightly different execution on a few plays and this game wouldnt have been close

Yes, but I think a close, gut wrenching win was what was needed to get back at the Titans. Would have been different if we won by 30, they would've known from the start that they had no chance, but giving them a chance and then pulling it away from them the way we did?? That's a punch right in the gut

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

like this too - because i really dont think lamar had a bad game - he got beat once early by AJ Brown by a perfect pass on a fade and then got beat on the OPI push off for the TD

everything else is the kind of stuff you'd expect for a CB who gets targeted as much as he does

but i like that he's owning that despite the win

Marlon was super competitive today. Thought he played well.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
HELL YEA BROTHER!!!

I've been trolling Titans fans since that Peters INT. I lived in TN for 17 years, raised there, so I have a lot of Titans fans I know. They were all posting King Henry BS, and I posted something about "Where's your king?? King Turd Henry?"

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pernell McPhee had an absolute blinder of a game.

The whole front had an awesome game tbh.
McPhee and Judon were a fucking pair of terrors today. Ward and Wolfe were monsters too. Low key ngakoue almost snagged like 3 strip sacks and missed by a damn inch. I feel something special brewing with our defensive front rotation, a lot of guys are playing well and a number of guys are flat out DOMINATING and have been for weeks.

I just really hope wink has his head on straight and has learned a few lessons for KC. Trust the front four and pin their ears back, not every crucial play needs an exotic 6 man blitz

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
McPhee and Judon were a fucking pair of terrors today. Ward and Wolfe were monsters too. Low key ngakoue almost snagged like 3 strip sacks and missed by a damn inch. I feel something special brewing with our defensive front rotation, a lot of guys are playing well and a number of guys are flat out DOMINATING and have been for weeks.

I just really hope wink has his head on straight and has learned a few lessons for KC. Trust the front four and pin their ears back, not every crucial play needs an exotic 6 man blitz
Forgot about Mcphee. A Raven throwback bully.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Titans players are a bunch of punks . This was a sweet win over a classless team .

They laughed at Lamar all the time . Lamar got the last laugh and burned them . They keep claiming he wasnt that fast .

Uh huh !!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i just dont know why the titans werent passing more out of those base sets... they did so much 1st down running when it was not working for them at all

we always complain when our coordinators dont adjust but Roman and Wink have been great adjusting this year - but Wink didn't have to today because the Titans just kept running into our brick wall

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know he's been mentioned numerous time already, but fuck yeah Pernell McPhee. Dude killed it today. So disciplined in every single way.

McPhee has always killed it. Every single year. The thing that has gotten him is that he's snake bitten by injuries. Typically, he doesn't play this long of a season because he is always getting hurt