• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: TNF Miami

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
SmokinJayCutler.jpg

No Cutler for this one. Too bad.
Can we win a game or the lethargy has set too deep?

K-Dog

MVP
We will see if the coaches and leaders can fire up this dejected crew.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve said it since this offseason, and even since Moore came to Miami. He should be the starter. He’s better than Cutler at this point in their careers. And he’s better than Tannehill. And what do you know, Matt Moore comes in for the second half of the Phins last game and leads a comeback and throws for more yards than Cutler has in any whole game this year. I’d rather play against Cutler.

So is Marty....well on second thought, he IS coaching for his job.
Pees is more under fire IMO. Past 3 weeks the defense has not played a QB who started the season and yet have given up 300 yards in two of those games. Not to mention these next three is against Matt Moore, Marcus Mariota and Brett Hundley, all of those offense are literally bottom five of the league. He defense better do their damn job.

Pray for Jermaine Eluemunor because he might get wrecked by Suh. Good lord the guy is awful and I don’t care that he’s a rookie. We killed Hurst his rookie year when he was playing LT, I’m not sparing Eluemunor.

As far as Matt Moore goes, you have to wonder why they pulled Cutler out of retirement near the end of summer during TC. I really do not think Moore is as good as some are making him out to be and I’m not using that as an excuse for our defense. They better come out to play because they’re going up against an offense that is on par with ours, if they don’t come to play and shut things down then I’m going to be pissed and I will surely jump on the fire Pees bandwagon.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Pray for Jermaine Eluemunor because he might get wrecked by Suh. Good lord the guy is awful and I don’t care that he’s a rookie. We killed Hurst his rookie year when he was playing LT, I’m not sparing Eluemunor.

As far as Matt Moore goes, you have to wonder why they pulled Cutler out of retirement near the end of summer during TC. I really do not think Moore is as good as some are making him out to be and I’m not using that as an excuse for our defense. They better come out to play because they’re going up against an offense that is on par with ours, if they don’t come to play and shut things down then I’m going to be pissed and I will surely jump on the fire Pees bandwagon.
This way > https://purpleflock.com/threads/27/

K-Dog

MVP
Does this mean we gotta listen to John Gruden ?
I can't stand his voice.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
In years past, pees had excuses, no safeties, no pass rush, practice squad corners, injuries, etc. and sadly, it seems this year he may have an excuse or 2... why the hell has weddle suddenly turned into Kendrick Lewis and why has tony Jefferson turned into matt Elam? You can't blame scheme for their play, they are around the ball and missing tackles and late to arrive in coverage.

No excuses though for the front seven, part of the blame goes to harbaugh for fucking sitting tim williams while zadarius smith continues to whiff on sacks and show no discipline on the edge, sitting Willie Henry in favor of Chris wormley, etc. but the fact that we are seeing rbs gash us up the middle while we're in 2 DL packages and seeing linebackers with their hands in the dirt and safeties acting as linebackers is just pitiful. Put our fucking front seven on the field, stop outsmarting yourself dean.

I was on the fire pees bandwagon forever, I jumped off last season and decided to stay off, until now. What our run defense has given up is in part due to bwill being out, but a large portion of it is because pees calls boneheaded fucking packages that will never stop a well designed run play

Sooky

Pro Bowler
In years past, pees had excuses, no safeties, no pass rush, practice squad corners, injuries, etc. and sadly, it seems this year he may have an excuse or 2... why the hell has weddle suddenly turned into Kendrick Lewis and why has tony Jefferson turned into matt Elam? You can't blame scheme for their play, they are around the ball and missing tackles and late to arrive in coverage.

No excuses though for the front seven, part of the blame goes to harbaugh for fucking sitting tim williams while zadarius smith continues to whiff on sacks and show no discipline on the edge, sitting Willie Henry in favor of Chris wormley, etc. but the fact that we are seeing rbs gash us up the middle while we're in 2 DL packages and seeing linebackers with their hands in the dirt and safeties acting as linebackers is just pitiful. Put our fucking front seven on the field, stop outsmarting yourself dean.

I was on the fire pees bandwagon forever, I jumped off last season and decided to stay off, until now. What our run defense has given up is in part due to bwill being out, but a large portion of it is because pees calls boneheaded fucking packages that will never stop a well designed run play
The talent on this defense is top 5 on a paper and easily aren't playing to that. I honestly knew the offense was going to sputter. Maybe not 31st in the league in total offense bad, but I knew there was no way they were going to be higher than 16th. I am very disappointed with how this defense has played. Brandon Williams, CJ Mosley, Jimmy Smith, Eric Weddle, and Tony Jefferson alone is more talent than most defenses in the league. I really think this defense has disappointed me and I know that the offense isn't helping but I really do not understand what changed from last season. The defense was #1 for 12 weeks until the Jimmy Smith injury last season and all they really lost was Lawrence Guy and Zach Orr who were solid but not a world beaters and they added so much firepower to that defense.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Thank god I have Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry on my fantasy teams. The rate this defense is giving up big plays my fantasy team will for sure have a good week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

case in point - look at the personnel grouping we had on the field for the latavius murray td run - look who we had doing what job and then tell me that its the dline and edge guys who are the problem and not the scheme/play designs/situational personnel groupings

pees seems to have only 2 modes - supervanilla mode where we run no twists/stunts and very few deceptive blitzes like the first 2/3 weeks or the crazy personnel groupings a la marty's favourite idea 'hey this is so stupid it might just work'

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jesus Christ, Marty’s recent presser was a cluster fuck. He had zero answers for anything. I don’t think we win this one due to the offense.