• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bills (Divisional Round)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The further away from the win we get the more I do wonder if the relief of getting the monkey of their back might lead to a let down game in terms of intensity on saturday

it could help them play loose and not get in their own heads

but there is the possibility it goes the other way and the foot comes off the pedal

i dont think that's what will happen but it's certainly something i worry about - but then again i worry about everything ravens - but normally it happens only a couple of days before the game lol

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Respect, Mr. Allen, respect.

That's nice to see. All we typically see/hear about Lamar is criticism. It's refreshing to see the opposing QB go out of his way to pay him a compliment.

I actually went back and watched the 2018 draft again recently, Josh Allen seems like a great guy. Those are the kind of guys on other teams that I don't mind seeing them do well. Just not on Saturday!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The further away from the win we get the more I do wonder if the relief of getting the monkey of their back might lead to a let down game in terms of intensity on saturday

but there is the possibility it goes the other way and the foot comes off the pedal

i dont think that's what will happen but it's certainly something i worry about - but then again i worry about everything ravens - but normally it happens only a couple of days before the game lol
last I checked the Bills just got a much larger monkey off their back. We hadn't won a playoff game in 6 years, the Bills were so long ago, we may have played with leather helmets.

Drink more, think less.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That's nice to see. All we typically see/hear about Lamar is criticism. It's refreshing to see the opposing QB go out of his way to pay him a compliment.

I actually went back and watched the 2018 draft again recently, Josh Allen seems like a great guy. Those are the kind of guys on other teams that I don't mind seeing them do well. Just not on Saturday!
We hear criticism from fans and analysts, we don’t hear it from players, dudes who share the field with Lamar RAVE about him, he’s one of the most respected players on the field league wide

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
We hear criticism from fans and analysts, we don’t hear it from players, dudes who share the field with Lamar RAVE about him, he’s one of the most respected players on the field league wide
Yeah but that's basically todays society. They can't admit when they've been proven wrong. Instead, they continue to criticize the player/thing...

working_man

Practice Squad

If anything, I would see a let down game in the Bills future. They have been riding a wave of euphoria and had some time off...lots of things to think about...and overthink...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Respect, Mr. Allen, respect.

I feel the same way about Josh. Always have. Love his attitude and how dedicated he is. I think what sealed it for me was when he basically called out JuJu telling his teammates to let them do the dancing and they’ll do the work. The AFC is in good hands for years to come with the QBs we have.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Was about to say this. I mentioned it before, but I’ve never seen a QB get helped up from the defense, say something funny and smile, pat helmets then go back to the huddle. I truly think the players in this league love what Lamar does for the NFL in different ways. So glad to have this kid on our team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Was about to say this. I mentioned it before, but I’ve never seen a QB get helped up from the defense, say something funny and smile, pat helmets then go back to the huddle. I truly think the players in this league love what Lamar does for the NFL in different ways. So glad to have this kid on our team.

lots of kids dream about being professional NFL players
I think there's a fair few NFL players who dream about being Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Same reason why i liked lamar since college and even more in nfl. Dude has morals and integrity. He knows what matters most. He made it to the spotlight yet he still endorse his boys that he grew up with regardless of what the media say or think of them. I hope we gets a SB and i hope its this year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Same reason why i liked lamar since college and even more in nfl. Dude has morals and integrity. He knows what matters most. He made it to the spotlight yet he still endorse his boys that he grew up with regardless of what the media say or think of them. I hope we gets a SB and i hope its this year
and he's a ball hawk. Well he would be if he played cornerback.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Idk about you guys but I really want it to snow in Buffalo Saturday night. That HAS to work in our favor since we have the top rushing attack and the Bills can’t run it well. I know Lamar doesn’t want snow but it would seriously help us in my opinion. Turn the Bills from a high octane passing team to a running team

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Idk about you guys but I really want it to snow in Buffalo Saturday night. That HAS to work in our favor since we have the top rushing attack and the Bills can’t run it well. I know Lamar doesn’t want snow but it would seriously help us in my opinion. Turn the Bills from a high octane passing team to a running team

idk - so much of our rushing attack is predicated on speed - yes it slows down the guys on the edge but it also slows us down moving horizontally which is a pretty important element of the effectiveness of the counter bash/inverted veer stuff we do - if they dont have to respect the speed on the edge then they can just clog up the middle and that, to me, neuters what makes this running game spectacular which is the way we can win on the edge

snow slows down pass rush too which if the bills are gonna be passing a ton then that gives allen more time to throw in

i really don't think snow helps us at all - if anything i think it helps the bills pretty substantially