• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bills (Divisional Round)

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And now the negative feelings are just pouring in. This is definitely a game where we lose on some generational bullshit play. This game got Madden Curse written all over it. I also feel that this is the game where our weaknesses come into full effect.

Simba

Staff Member

consummate teammate - even if he's only here for 2 years, I'm glad Ingram was a raven

Schefter framed that so poorly lol. He's inactive because Dobbins and Gus are better. Sure, there are salary cap implications in that if he got hurt, we'd have an injury guarantee to pay, but that's not the reason he's out. If he was better than Dobbins or Gus, he'd be playing tonight.

But yeah, he's one of my all-time favorites, even if he's only been here a year. Meant so much to that locker room and his support during what I'm sure is a tough time for him just reinforces how good of a fit he is. Another guy that spent a short time here but always had that Ravens mindset.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Schefter framed that so poorly lol. He's inactive because Dobbins and Gus are better. Sure, there are salary cap implications in that if he got hurt, we'd have an injury guarantee to pay, but that's not the reason he's out. If he was better than Dobbins or Gus, he'd be playing tonight.

But yeah, he's one of my all-time favorites, even if he's only been here a year. Meant so much to that locker room and his support during what I'm sure is a tough time for him just reinforces how good of a fit he is. Another guy that spent a short time here but always had that Ravens mindset.

that's why i made sure i got the field yates tweet in there lol - idk who told schefter it's about salary cap but they were lying lol

EDIT:

just had a thought RE: salary cap that they dont want him active (not that he would be) but maybe there's some injury based money in his year 3 deal and it's an acknowledgement that we know we're cutting him already...

best guess regarding the salary cap considerations he mentions

Simba

Staff Member
that's why i made sure i got the field yates tweet in there lol - idk who told schefter it's about salary cap but they were lying lol

EDIT:

just had a thought RE: salary cap that they dont want him active (not that he would be) but maybe there's some injury based money in his year 3 deal and it's an acknowledgement that we know we're cutting him already...

best guess regarding the salary cap considerations he mentions

Oh yeah that's definitely the case - he has a $1.2M injury guarantee. But even if there wasn't, I doubt he'd be playing. It's just that we have better options.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm excited for every ravens game. Even when we play teams like 2020 Jacksonville. Even pre seasons games. But there's something about today's game that feels so special that has me so excited its crazy. Today is a huge day. The biggest of the Lamar Jackson's NFL career. A win today, probably solidifies him to get that mega second contract and to be a lifetime raven. Now that's not to say if we lose, he won't, but he can really do good for himself with a win today. Last weeks win was really big for the post Flacco Ravens. Can't wait to see where we go.
I'm in agreement with getting excited for all games, including preseason games. I love seeing how our draft picks and young players perform vs. other teams depth players. We definitely missed that this year and feel it definitely set some players back.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
And now the negative feelings are just pouring in. This is definitely a game where we lose on some generational bullshit play. This game got Madden Curse written all over it. I also feel that this is the game where our weaknesses come into full effect.
Justin tucker missing the game winning fg making us lose by 2

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I think the game is going to turn on if Patrick Queen has a good or bad game. Have a feeling he’s going to be targeted a lot.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Justin tucker missing the game winning fg making us lose by 2

this is a ticket to the Pit of Misery. Anyone else who thinks this may join him.
Yeah Deebo, I will not prophesize on Him faltering. It is blasphemous to do so. Of all the things to choose from, you choose this.

As you travel down the Pit of Misery, I want you to think about your actions and draft an apology letter to Him. It is time for you to pay penance. Be gone.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm in agreement with getting excited for all games, including preseason games. I love seeing how our draft picks and young players perform vs. other teams depth players. We definitely missed that this year and feel it definitely set some players back.

You know who potentially really needed the preseason was Ben Powers. Imagine if he was playing the way he is in the preseason. I feel it would have been hard for him to not have won the job.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah Deebo, I will not prophesize on Him faltering. It is blasphemous to do so. Of all the things to choose from, you choose this.

As you travel down the Pit of Misery, I want you to think about your actions and draft an apology letter to Him. It is time for you to pay penance. Be gone.
say hello to Sami when you pass him... @Deebo813

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Updated Weather Report:

The playoff matchup slated for 8:15 p.m. on Saturday night has an AccuWeather forecast of 32 degrees with a 60% precipitation probability, which fortunately for Baltimore, should amount to only 0.2 inches. Additionally, it looks to be a windy night up in northern New York as wind gusts could mount up to 36 miles per hour.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I have a bad feeling about this game.

I don't. It's all about the journey and I'm glad Lamar Jackson got his first playoff win. Everything that happened in the regular season has lead up to this moment and has helped Lamar Jackson and the team to grow as players and as a team. Will they win against The Bills? I don't know but i'm proud of my team success so far and look forward to many more accomplishments.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't. It's all about the journey and I'm glad Lamar Jackson got his first playoff win. Everything that happened in the regular season has lead up to this moment and has helped Lamar Jackson and the team to grow as players and as a team. Will they win against The Bills? I don't know but i'm proud of my team success so far and look forward to many more accomplishments.

i mean ill be a nervous stressed-out wreck during the game for sure

but right now im pretty loose - lamar got his first win, the monkey's off his back, first playoff win since the 2014 postseason - i feel content enough with the season if it were to end tonight

obviously id prefer it to continue but knocking the titans out in the wildcard round and beating those demons makes this a successful enough season if it ends here

that being said - dont hold these words against me when im melting down in 6 hours time

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
To me, if we were to lose, it depends on the loss. If we got blown out, then *sighs* fine. I'd get over it rather quickly. If it's a close loss and we lose on some last second shit, I'd probably wouldn't even watch the AFC Championship out of saltiness.