• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bills fan here..

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
RG3 never had the quickness that Lamar had. He had much more of the straight line speed. I've always seen Steve Young in Lamar.

The comparison for me starts and ends with being a dual threat. An actual threat to throw the ball and run. To me, thats who RG3 (whos career after year 1 went downhill thanks to injuries) was suppose to be.

Nobody runs the ball like Lamar, the closest was Vick and he has already obliterated the single season rush mark and followed it up with another 1k season. The moment you factor in throwing? Not even close. Lamar lead the league with passing Tds last year. This being Lamars second year starting, which is considered a "down" year, he threw for 26 Tds which would be a career HIGH for Vick who threw 21 Tds with the eagles.

Lamar is what RG3 was suppose to be, but with better legs. Way....WAY....better legs lol

I can see the Steve Young comparision, I'm waiting on that a little longer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The comparison for me starts and ends with being a dual threat. An actual threat to throw the ball and run. To me, thats who RG3 (whos career after year 1 went downhill thanks to injuries) was suppose to be.

Nobody runs the ball like Lamar, the closest was Vick and he has already obliterated the single season rush mark and followed it up with another 1k season. The moment you factor in throwing? Not even close. Lamar lead the league with passing Tds last year. This being Lamars second year starting, which is considered a "down" year, he threw for 26 Tds which would be a career HIGH for Vick who threw 21 Tds with the eagles.

Lamar is what RG3 was suppose to be, but with better legs. Way....WAY....better legs lol

Well there have been many qb that were actual dual threats and many that are more comparable to Lamar than RG3.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and he's a far better passer too
and it's not even close. RG3 never could read the field, didn't go off his 1st read often and tbh, wasn't even liked by his teammates. That part of him has changed because he has become more humble. RG3 was always taking credit and never deflecting the credit when they were winning onto his teammates. It became obvious in his first year. I mean there were many times when he had a bad sack and the offensive line would look at him and walk back to the huddle without helping him up.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think if Lamar improves his passing even more, the Young comparison with much better quickness/speed would be fair. I'd also say Randall Cunningham is a fantastic comparison too. However, I believe Lamar is a man on his own, meaning he has no true comparisons as he's setting his own path play style and ability wise

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think if Lamar improves his passing even more, the Young comparison with much better quickness/speed would be fair. I'd also say Randall Cunningham is a fantastic comparison too. However, I believe Lamar is a man on his own, meaning he has no true comparisons as he's setting his own path play style and ability wise

His efficiency is through the rough. It is scary to think that he may have another few levels that he could reach. He does not through the ball anywhere NEAR the same amount as the league and yet I saw advanced saying that he is just as efficient at the deep ball as the best guys.

The only difference is the amount of times.

YonHomer

Practice Squad
I think this is going to be a good game but I really don't see how Raven secondary is going to cover our WR. Just like we are going to have a problem stopping the run. The QB matchup Allen has been better throwing than lamar and allen has been almost as dangerous running as lamar. We can't cover tight ends so Andrews will have a good day. Michah hyde is going to be spying jackson. Hyde is fast as **** and he spied murray when we played the Cardinals. Bills mafia fans will definitely help vs the ravens offense. Our secondary will probably lock down your WR. Tre will definitely blanket hollywood so what's that leave you with? An old Dez Bryant? This will allow us to put one more man in the box.

Another Bills fan here (I know you probably are tired of us posting), but I just wanted to say that I don't necessarily agree with Billsfan412. The Ravens D is as well equipped to handle our passing attack than any D in the league. Humphrey, Smith, and Peters is a formidable force to counter Diggs, Beasley, and Brown. The only advantage I see is if we go 5 wide and Gabe Davis can get loose.

Looking forward to a very entertaining game! Cheers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Another Bills fan here (I know you probably are tired of us posting), but I just wanted to say that I don't necessarily agree with Billsfan412. The Ravens D is as well equipped to handle our passing attack than any D in the league. Humphrey, Smith, and Peters is a formidable force to counter Diggs, Beasley, and Brown. The only advantage I see is if we go 5 wide and Gabe Davis can get loose.

Welcome to the boards and we certainly don't mind opposing teams fans posting if they are respectful, like your post. This game should be a very good game and could go either way and if we lost to you guys, I'll be rooting for you to win the Super Bowl.

YonHomer

Practice Squad
Welcome to the boards and we certainly don't mind opposing teams fans posting if they are respectful, like your post. This game should be a very good game and could go either way and if we lost to you guys, I'll be rooting for you to win the Super Bowl.

Same, whoever goes up against the Chiefs in the AFC championship I will be rooting for.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yep and that's what it takes to win a playoff game.

What's your honest prediction independent of rooting for your team? I think its going to be a really close game. The more I think about it, the more I think the entire game comes down to which redzone defense is stronger. I think the Ravens edge it out but by some single digit number.

PrimeTime101

Practice Squad
Bills Fan here. Just wanted to wish ya all the best of luck. To be honest I doubt this game will be close.. but not how you think.. We will either blow you away or you will blow us away. This game has all signs of a heavy one sided score. Just hope its the Bills.

GL Raves.

PS: Lets hope this Ref Squad has brains..

gl

YonHomer

Practice Squad
What's your honest prediction independent of rooting for your team? I think its going to be a really close game. The more I think about it, the more I think the entire game comes down to which redzone defense is stronger. I think the Ravens edge it out but by some single digit number.

I think if I remove my fandom and abstractly had to bet serious money on the game, I would pick the Ravens. Mainly because of our lack of interior D-Line presence and the strength of your defense being in the secondary. But honestly I think this is as 50/50 of a game there has been in recent memory.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
We've been invaded by Bills fans!!!!!!!!

I would have expected this more from Titans fans lol

Auslander716

Practice Squad
I love the ravens and the ravens flock but what a shitshow. Bills handled Baltimore. Screw Cleveland. Much love.

Last edited: