• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
not sure if it floats your boat but I've enjoyed watching the nba playoffs for the first time since the late 2000s. No guaranteed team to win and no watching lebron moan every play.
- with this the late NBA and NHL starts have those sports going straight to the NFL preseason. I love it and wish it would be permanent. No MLB dog days.

This mf rashod Bateman is freaky as shit. His footwork looks fake, his movement reminds me of like anime and shit, like he’s got some really rare movement skills, footwork, agility, twitch and balance are all just out of this world.

I’m ecstatic he’s out there in AZ with the crew instead of chilling at home like Boykin seems to always have done. Plus it looks like his false first step release is cleared up for now too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m ecstatic he’s out there in AZ with the crew instead of chilling at home like Boykin seems to always have done. Plus it looks like his false first step release is cleared up for now too
yes, he was probably coached to do that false first step. Had a feeling Williams and Martin would coach it out of him.

I just don't get Boykin. You'd think he would want to build chemistry with the "guys". His attitude towards doing extra work is why he is failing. You have to work at your craft to be great.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes, he was probably coached to do that false first step. Had a feeling Williams and Martin would coach it out of him.

I just don't get Boykin. You'd think he would want to build chemistry with the "guys". His attitude towards doing extra work is why he is failing. You have to work at your craft to be great.

It seems like he’s never wanted to be part of the rest of the guys. He’s never made that effort. He’s came across as the snobby group of people who go to Notre Dame instead of the blue collar Hayes type

Bateman is one of the guys. He’s gonna do big things this year, but especially throughout his career too. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’ll be Lamar’s most reliable target sooner than later. I’ve already seen improvements in his game and having two excellent coaches helps a ton

Last edited:

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Boykin seems like he would be one of those rich / sheltered kids growing up. He just don’t have that dawg in him. He can’t relate to Lamar and the other peeps so he’s just doing his own thing. He just seems aloof and out of place.

I’m just spewing out nonsense lol.

but I do think Proche is going to get that last spot if it comes down to him and Boykin. Think I read somewhere that Proche was our starting slot during 1st team offense (granted.. that’s when Sammy Watkins wasn’t here).

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Boykin seems like he would be one of those rich / sheltered kids growing up. He just don’t have that dawg in him. He can’t relate to Lamar and the other peeps so he’s just doing his own thing. He just seems aloof and out of place.

I’m just spewing out nonsense lol.

but I do think Proche is going to get that last spot if it comes down to him and Boykin. Think I read somewhere that Proche was our starting slot during 1st team offense (granted.. that’s when Sammy Watkins wasn’t here).

I actually don’t think it’s nonsense to think the same thoughts about Boykin as you posted here. I have never seen any indication of Boykin trying to gel with the team or take opportunities to work with them in the offseason. There’s something there

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually don’t think it’s nonsense to think the same thoughts about Boykin as you posted here. I have never seen any indication of Boykin trying to gel with the team or take opportunities to work with them in the offseason. There’s something there

Yeah. I just keep thinking back to the time Lamar tagged all his current WRs to the addition of Watkins, Bateman and Wallace.

And totally leaving out Boykin. If that doesn’t scream “he’s not part of the clique.” Iunno what does LOL.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah. I just keep thinking back to the time Lamar tagged all his current WRs to the addition of Watkins, Bateman and Wallace.

And totally leaving out Boykin. If that doesn’t scream “he’s not part of the clique.” Iunno what is LOL.

Yep! And then saying he didn’t even know Boykin had a twitter…. Lamar doesn’t strike me as someone who has trouble getting along with nearly everyone and anyone.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

And totally leaving out Boykin. If that doesn’t scream “he’s not part of the clique.” Iunno what does LOL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ain know milez had Twitter Unc only followed me on IG but he know Whatz up He apart of the OGz stop playin</p>&mdash; Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) <a href="">May 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ain know milez had Twitter Unc only followed me on IG but he know Whatz up He apart of the OGz stop playin</p>&mdash; Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) <a href="">May 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Talk is cheap. Actions speak. And the actions here directly contradict cheap talk

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Dam how do i make that into a gif