• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lets be real. They aint gonna cancel a Chiefs, Bucs, Ravens, or Cowboys game. Money Talks.

I call their bluff and raise ALL-IN! jk.

I still find it comical how they had to bend over backwards to fit all of our games in during the covid outbreak.. when a week prior, they forced the Broncos to put in a practice squad WR to play QB for a game lol

Yea i call BS on the league. You think they are going to cancel a game like Chief/Ravens, Bucs/Pats, Cowboys/ Giants etc? Nah they’ll back peddle and reschedule rather than lose that revenue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea i call BS on the league. You think they are going to cancel a game like Chief/Ravens, Bucs/Pats, Cowboys/ Giants etc? Nah they’ll back peddle and reschedule rather than lose that revenue

I think it’s just an empty threat, because they leave the qualifier of “IF the game cannot be rescheduled”…

Seems that it will be the same as last year except now they have clear guidance in what will happen if they can't reschedule. They are just putting in a disincentive to not get a vaccination. Higher the vaccination rate the lower the likelihood of an outbreak, makes sense to me from a commercial risk mitigation perspective.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
this is factually inaccurate on both counts
1) Getting covid doesn’t necessarily give you lasting immunity - the vaccine provides a much more effective immune response to future contact with covid (whether you’ve had it or not)
2) the players aren’t being forced to get the vaccine
Torrey Smith probably puts it best:

I just read an article like last week that said other wise.. gonna check to see if i can find it..

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't have an issue with a forfeiture, but for players to not get paid is another thing. they worked Tuesday through saturday.

Like I said, there will be a ton of lawsuits from this. I'm sure the NFL is ready for that, but they better be damn well prepared for it to happen

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't have an issue with a forfeiture, but for players to not get paid is another thing. they worked Tuesday through saturday.
Thanks.
First coach (asst.) fired for refusing to be vaccinated. He had coached previously for a number of years and was our QB coach back in 2014 with Kubiak

ttps://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31869652/rick-dennison-minnesota-vikings-assistant-refusing-covid-19-vaccine-sources-say?linkId=125168063&fbclid=IwAR2a2SxdqvlGoWE1pnYCue7ATdU5wJ_HoXCXEvMAhxx_ZBt6T20mlTxLFfc
This is wild.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
First coach (asst.) fired for refusing to be vaccinated. He had coached previously for a number of years and was our QB coach back in 2014 with Kubiak

ttps://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31869652/rick-dennison-minnesota-vikings-assistant-refusing-covid-19-vaccine-sources-say?linkId=125168063&fbclid=IwAR2a2SxdqvlGoWE1pnYCue7ATdU5wJ_HoXCXEvMAhxx_ZBt6T20mlTxLFfc

Considering how important Dennison was going to be for the Vikings offense transitioning to Kubiak's son as OC, this sends a pretty strong message.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

This is ridiculous. I’m pro vax but come on. No private company should be able to mandate a flu shot UNLESS their employees work around individuals who are at high risk of health complications. (healthcare workers , people who work with the elderly, etc) NFL athletes are more than capable of handling this virus like any other.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is ridiculous. I’m pro vax but come on. No private company should be able to mandate a flu shot UNLESS their employees work around individuals who are at high risk of health complications. (healthcare workers , people who work with the elderly, etc) NFL athletes are more than capable of handling this virus like any other.

and yet this has always been the case - historically many schools wont allow kids to turn up to school unless they've been fully inoculated...

unvaccinated is not a "protected category" - and it's worth noting that religious and medical exemptions are accepted by the NFL as reasonable stipulations that do not affect your tier 1 status...

and also worth pointing out that they haven't mandated that all players get vaccinated - just made it more beneficial for players to get vaccinated...

JO_75

Hall of Famer

and yet this has always been the case - historically many schools wont allow kids to turn up to school unless they've been fully inoculated...

unvaccinated is not a "protected category" - and it's worth noting that religious and medical exemptions are accepted by the NFL as reasonable stipulations that do not affect your tier 1 status...

and also worth pointing out that they haven't mandated that all players get vaccinated - just made it more beneficial for players to get vaccinated...

I got the vax just like others have, I'm not for or against it by any means. I think people just need to stop listening to TV, Mainstream Media who has their own agenda to push or anyone who isn't a doctor. Talk to your own doctor who will know what is best for you based on your health history. I think it is a very slippery slope of forcing this vax on to people, to not get too political as this isn't that thread but it does say something when a high profile coach like Dennison is fired. I've seen a tweet from someone at ESPN saying a law firm is ready to represent those who are fired for not taking the vax, and I doubt they get very far with it.

Also, people who have gotten the vax have still got sick and got COVID, so it's going to be hard to blame it on the non vaccinated people if a vaccinated player still got it and spread it.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

We’ll there is a difference between those requirements and covid-19. I don’t really want to argue against the vaccination as Ive received it and believe in it. However, it’s still under emergency authorization under the states. Those other inoculations are not. I’m curious what lawsuits will come from this

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I got the vax just like others have, I'm not for or against it by any means. I think people just need to stop listening to TV, Mainstream Media who has their own agenda to push or anyone who isn't a doctor. Talk to your own doctor who will know what is best for you based on your health history. I think it is a very slippery slope of forcing this vax on to people, to not get too political as this isn't that thread but it does say something when a high profile coach like Dennison is fired. I've seen a tweet from someone at ESPN saying a law firm is ready to represent those who are fired for not taking the vax, and I doubt they get very far with it.

Also, people who have gotten the vax have still got sick and got COVID, so it's going to be hard to blame it on the non vaccinated people if a vaccinated player still got it and spread it.

I tell my mom constantly please please please turn off your preferred major news network… it’s all trash. I only watch local news

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
same agent as carson palmer who threatened the same thing to force his way off the bengals

Rodgers has less to lose by retiring than Palmer did though. Already has a Super Bowl, just came off an MVP season, relatively healthy, and can have a damn good retirement life